Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't buy Del Rio as a face. Everything about him screams heel.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I don't buy Del Rio as a face. Everything about him screams heel.
He was doing well for a while, but he has flamed out recently. I do think he is more comfortable as a face though...seems so much more real and loves having the crowd behind him. They need to strap Swagger and revisit Del Rio's angle though.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:12 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WE WANT EMMA
clap clap clapclapclap
Old 03-20-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/20/wwe-ch...hbor-arrested/

Quote:
Former WWE superstar Chris "The Masterpiece" Masters saved his mother from burning to death by uprooting a tree with his bare hands and using it as a battering ram to enter her house.

Masters -- real name Chris Mordetzky -- tells us, he rushed to his mother's L.A. home yesterday after his uncle called and said a neighbor had gone crazy and barricaded himself inside her house.

When Chris showed up, the neighbor was shouting through the front door that he would burn the place down if anyone tried to gain entry.

Chris says he tried talking sense into the guy, but he wasn't having it -- so Chris called the cops ... but when they showed up, the neighbor set the house on fire.

Chris jumped into hero mode -- tearing a tree out of the ground and tossing it through a window.

Chris reached through the window and removed his mom from the inferno ... at which point police rushed in and arrested the neighbor on arson charges.

The man is currently still in custody. It's unclear why he snapped.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Former WWE Executive Court Bauer sent word that David Kreizman is now a WWE head writer. Kreizman is a Daytime Emmy award winning soap opera writer.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
That's awesome.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if the tree Chris Masters used to save his mom was a plant..

Eh? eh?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Former WWE writer Brian Gewirtz, who writes most of The Rock's material, has also been stepping up on the creative side. There is still no real push for Paul Heyman to join the creative team, although he does work with various wrestlers who seek his advice.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Also pretty sure Jericho crippled Bray Wyatt last night.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/pa...cm-punk-angle/

Quote:
Paul Bearer’s sons signed off on the usage of their father’s death in the build to CM Punk vs. The Undertaker. TMZ caught up with Bearer’s son Michael to ask him about it.

“We felt that dad would have wanted us at RAW last week and agreed to the angle … We knew Dad wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.”
Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I

SAID

WE

WANT

EMMA

DAMMIT
Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I present....

Old 03-26-2013, 02:23 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made an ultimate megacard for another site, no limit on how many matches you could do, so I went a little crazy. Before you read it though, I want you to know that this isn't just based on who I think the best performers are. I don't think that Samoa Joe belongs on an alltime great list above The Road Warriors, but Joe is on this card and The Road Warriors arent. It was about designing what I thought the perfect card would be, and it was also about matchups. As awesome as The Road Warriors are, there really arent that many appealing dream matchups for them. Anyways, heres the card:

What would your card be?

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rolled on the floor laughing when Cena said Donovan McNabb.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like Booker T, I was a little disappointed that he was one of the panelists. After all, we see him every week as GM of Smackdown. I would have preferred Edge, Rowdy Roddy Piper, or Ric Flair.

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 03-26-2013 at 02:26 PM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
As much as I like Booker T, I was a little disappointed that he was one of the panelists. After all, we see him every week as GM of Smackdown. I would have preferred Edge, Rowdy Roddy Piper, or Ric Flair.
Flair was supposed to be there, but he was hospitalized.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I could be wrong but I don't think Edge has a Legends contract like the rest of those guys.

Last I heard he wanted more money than they were willing to pay but that was awhile ago.

The new WWE title is growing on me. It's still not great but a million times better than the old one.

I miss the Winged Eagle title. :(
Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comahan -- good dream card. Let's add some more matches.

Woman's Match
Sensational Sherri vs. Trish Stratus.

Not to sound sexist, but there are few woman I would consider great workers as opposed to just OK. Sherri and Stratus were great. The buildup before the card could include the mildly attractive Sherri claiming to be more beautiful than Trish. The usually level headed Trish wouldn't care much about that, but wants to prove she's the better wrestler. It's a close match, but the Canadian beauty Trish wins with the Chick Kick (love the corny name for that move).

Funny Match
Santino Marella vs. George "The Animal" Steele.

After a minute or so of the two lovable goofballs staring at each other and not knowing what to make of their opponent, Steele eventually uses the Flying Hammerlock to get the submission win after a short match. George then tears open the turnbuckle, eats some of its contents, and then shares some of it with Santino, who tastes the stuffings and immediately spits it out. In subsequent TV episodes, the two become friends and their zany antics are filmed on location, causing havoc wherever they go.

Giant Showdown
The Big Show vs. Big John Studd

Show is a face (he changes so much it's hard to keep up). Studd and his manager Bobby "The Brain" Heenan lie to the young fans and claim than Studd beat Andre the Giant during their feud, and he will easily dispose of The Show. (Michael Cole points out to the viewers that Studd never beat Andre.) After a lot of shoving around and power moves (and of course not much of a match), The Big Show lands the KO Punch. Heenan foolishly attacks Show, and gets knocked out too.

Speed vs. Speed
Dolph Ziggler vs. Koko B. Ware

The Showoff claims to be better than The Birdman because "I have a sexy girlfriend in A.J. and all Koko has is a stupid parrot." At one point during the match, A.J. Lee gets to close to Ware's pet Franky, who pecks at her and she screams bloody murder (if they can train Franky to do that without poking her eyes out like in the movie "The Birds"). Later on, Big E Langston stands in front of an attempt by Ware to fly down of Ziggler. Other than that, Dolph wins cleanly with the Zig-Zag.

Of course, none of these are main event matches. But they could make for some interesting additions to Comahan's card.

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 03-26-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I rolled on the floor laughing when Cena said Donovan McNabb.
It was more of a heel Cena and I liked it.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
It was more of a heel Cena and I liked it.
I did too. I thought we were going to see the same Rock/Cena crap, with the only difference being the legends there to dress it up. Then Cena said Rock can't beat him unless Cena makes a dumb mistake and beats himself. Whoa!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/jrs-raw...me-sex-marriag

Jim Ross.

Quote:
Beginning to start doing research right after WM29 on a potential book. This is going to take months so donít expect a JRís book until likely 2014 at the earliest. Iím not going to half ass this project or throw something together for a pay day.
Would be an awesome read.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just announced on WWE.com. An 8 person mixed tag team match for Wrestlemania. Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi will face Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins. Such a waste of Cody and Damien.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just wait till Cody turns face with Kaitlyn and gets starts to get pushed after 'Mania

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, said that weeks ago. Thought they might've already started that process already by having Kaitlyn and The Bellas interact a little more but I guess that'll be one of the big things that usually happens post 'Mania. I'd love to see an IC title feud with Cody and Sandow, with that said. It's about time they put some gold on Damien.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
Such a waste of Cody and Damien.
That's for sure. Three signs that your wrestling career isn't going well:
1. You're in a mixed tag match.
2. You're teaming with or wrestling a midget.
3. You're wearing a turbin.

Quote:
It's about time they put some gold on Damien.
Or at least not have him run away during his match.