Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Any linebacker not named Arthur Brown would annoy me. I'd probably throw the remote if they took Te'o. Tavon Austin would make me uneasy. Any WR besides Patterson, really. I'd also be pretty unimpressed with Chance Warmack, but I doubt he'll make it to 20 anyway.
Lower your standards or protect your TV draft day.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any defensive tackle for Miami. It makes my blood boil just thinking about it. An offensive guard would not make me happy either, even though I love Chance Warmack as a prospect. Just not at 12.

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-26-2013 at 04:44 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Bears: Alec Ogletree
Finally a Bears fan agrees with me.

Also you can add Menelik Watson to that list for me before round 5.

Last edited by regoob2 : 03-26-2013 at 04:48 PM.
regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sylvester Williams. I will break things.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Barkley for AZ
Old 03-26-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Any linebacker not named Arthur Brown would annoy me. I'd probably throw the remote if they took Te'o. Tavon Austin would make me uneasy. Any WR besides Patterson, really. I'd also be pretty unimpressed with Chance Warmack, but I doubt he'll make it to 20 anyway.
Any receiver besides Patterson would make you uneasy? Patterson has the highest bust potential in this entire draft.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't think of any guy really for the Giants. Don't want Te'o round one and don't really want a safety as it's a really deep class.

Oh, and tight end early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When people entertain the thought of Bills going for Nassib @ 8. **** I'll throw a little girl tantrum if we take him in round 2.

**** Cosell and his stupid thoughts.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be a little iffy on Jarvis Jones at #11. Other than him, as long as its someone who isn't a complete reach, I can deal with it. And it's not that I don't think Jarvis is a good player, I just don't want to be the team that takes a risk on him. This first round pick has to pan out.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
For the Colts at 24 I keep seeing Jonathan Hankins. NO. **** him and **** OSU. Keep him the **** away from my team.
this times infinity plus or any ILB

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Lower your standards or protect your TV draft day.
I only had one remote throwing scenario. And my standards are right where they need to be; I think the Bears should take one of the best 20 players in the draft. Besides maybe Warmack, I don't think I'd rank any of the guys I named in my top 20.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Any receiver besides Patterson would make you uneasy? Patterson has the highest bust potential in this entire draft.
Well, being a "safer" choice at WR doesn't necessarily encourage me when my team has the 20th pick. I'm not big on any of those other receivers, and while Patterson might bust, he also might be a Pro Bowler. I don't see it with the other guys. Granted, I need to see more DeAndre Hopkins, but those workout numbers scare me.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The majority of these picks are just silly. Most of you guys are going on "hunches" you have on a player, and nothing more. I know nobody is a sure bet for success, but I don't know why people go out of their way to hate on a player that most of the free world, that knows what they are talking about, likes a ton.

Why wouldn't a fan of the league's 2nd worst team at getting to the QB, and with a disasterous DT position, NOT want the best pass rushing DT in the draft?

Why wouldn't a fan of a team that has given up the most sacks in the last 4 years, not want one of the top 10 interior OL prospects in the last 15 years?

Why if your team is picking in the top 10 because its QB sucks, not want to take a QB, who might not suck? Finding a Tom Brady or Russell Wilson is the exemption to the rule. 3/4 of the league have a starting QB drafted in the top 36 picks or have traded multiple top 36 picks for their QB.

I understand not liking a player, that's not my gripe. But to be severely disappointed when your team takes one of the consensus top overall picks at a position of need is insanity.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
The majority of these picks are just silly. Most of you guys are going on "hunches" you have on a player, and nothing more. I know nobody is a sure bet for success, but I don't know why people go out of their way to hate on a player that most of the free world, that knows what they are talking about, likes a ton.

Why wouldn't a fan of the league's 2nd worst team at getting to the QB, and with a disasterous DT position, NOT want the best pass rushing DT in the draft?

Why wouldn't a fan of a team that has given up the most sacks in the last 4 years, not want one of the top 10 interior OL prospects in the last 15 years?

Why if your team is picking in the top 10 because its QB sucks, not want to take a QB, who might not suck? Finding a Tom Brady or Russell Wilson is the exemption to the rule. 3/4 of the league have a starting QB drafted in the top 36 picks or have traded multiple top 36 picks for their QB.

I understand not liking a player, that's not my gripe. But to be severely disappointed when your team takes one of the consensus top overall picks at a position of need is insanity.
Should Jaguars fans not have been upset when they traded up for Blaine Gabbert?

I mean, he was one of the consensus top overall picks at a position of need for them. Were Jags fans insane for not liking that pick?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Come again?? Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are saying and you have a valid point ...to a certain extent. While none of us have credentials to be NFL GM's or even a top scout for an organization, we all watch enough football to know when a player just is not going to make it in the NFL. Majority of us knew a Vernon Gholston was going to be nothing special and sure as hell did not deserve a top 5 pick.

The Bills have needed pass rush for about 6 years, and when we took this kid who was a "consensus top player" for pass rush - I knew we just wasted a very valuable pick at #11 and wanted to throw my remote. you don't have to be a GM to watch tape and know someone is not that special or not NFL ready.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If EJ Manuel is an eagle....horrible things will happen. Regardless of what round it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Should Jaguars fans not have been upset when they traded up for Blaine Gabbert?

I mean, he was one of the consensus top overall picks at a position of need for them. Were Jags fans insane for not liking that pick?
Are we doing hindsight? If so, then aren't Dolphins fans looking pretty silly who hated the Tannehill pick? Aren't the Eagles fans who booed McNabb back in 99 looking silly?

Point is. The Jaguars sucked at QB. They drafted a QB, who was largely considered the best on the board at that point. Nobody should have been throwing a remote thru a TV after that pick. They should be more upset that the team wasn't/isn't smart enough to put pieces around Gabbert to make it work out.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Patterson has a higher bust potential than DeAndre Hopkins, who is slow and drops just as many balls?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Come again?? Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are saying and you have a valid point ...to a certain extent. While none of us have credentials to be NFL GM's or even a top scout for an organization, we all watch enough football to know when a player just is not going to make it in the NFL. Majority of us knew a Vernon Gholston was going to be nothing special and sure as hell did not deserve a top 5 pick.

The Bills have needed pass rush for about 6 years, and when we took this kid who was a "consensus top player" for pass rush - I knew we just wasted a very valuable pick at #11 and wanted to throw my remote. you don't have to be a GM to watch tape and know someone is not that special or not NFL ready.

How many times have you felt that way and been wrong? I was literally on my knees hoping for Gabe Carimi to last til the Bears pick a couple years ago. He's been terrible so far, doesn't mean the Bears made the wrong pick or that scouting was incorrect with him. Gholston's a different story. He was destined to suck and I don't know why anyone thought otherwise. LOL.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We're all just making what we think are educated guesses. Some picks seem more obvious to us than others, but we all have our hits and misses. Sad to say but no one REALLY knows. It's a total crapshoot, which is why they say the draft is not a complete science.

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
How many times have you felt that way and been wrong? I was literally on my knees hoping for Gabe Carimi to last til the Bears pick a couple years ago. He's been terrible so far, doesn't mean the Bears made the wrong pick or that scouting was incorrect with him. Gholston's a different story. He was destined to suck and I don't know why anyone thought otherwise. LOL.
I will give you the satisfaction that I almost punched a kitten when we took Jairus Byrd in the 2nd rnd.

But that was a 2nd rnd pick.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are we doing hindsight? If so, then aren't Dolphins fans looking pretty silly who hated the Tannehill pick? Aren't the Eagles fans who booed McNabb back in 99 looking silly?

Point is. The Jaguars sucked at QB. They drafted a QB, who was largely considered the best on the board at that point. Nobody should have been throwing a remote thru a TV after that pick. They should be more upset that the team wasn't/isn't smart enough to put pieces around Gabbert to make it work out.
The point isn't hindsight, because people knew before he was picked he was going to suck. You're telling people that knew he would be an epic fail that they should've been happy with that pick? That is so so so stupid.

If you want to just go along with everything your team does regardless of your own opinions, that's fine, but don't tell other people to do the same.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of good players being named in this thread.

For me it was Aaron Curry.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Knew Aaron Curry was gonna suck, but thought Gholston was going to wreck the NFL. Whoops.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
The point isn't hindsight, because people knew before he was picked he was going to suck. You're telling people that knew he would be an epic fail that they should've been happy with that pick? That is so so so stupid.

If you want to just go along with everything your team does regardless of your own opinions, that's fine, but don't tell other people to do the same.
No. People THOUGHT he was going to suck. They happened to be right. A bunch of people thought he was going to be decent too. Just because he didn't turn out well, doesn't mean the pick was bad. Also, not saying you should be happy about the pick. But people are talking about being seriously upset over a draft pick that makes perfect sense. They needed a QB, they took the best QB on the board by most accounts. They could have waited to take Andy Dalton, but they wouldn't have had AJ Green for him to throw to. They could have waited for Colin Kaepernick, but they wouldn't have had Jim Harbaugh calling plays to maximize his strengths. If they'd skipped QB altogether that year, they'd still be picking in the top 5 this year.

But QBs are a different animal. They are boosted due to desperation of the position. This is more to the guys that don't want Sharrif Floyd, the best pass rushing DT in this draft, to the Raiders AKA the 2nd worst pass rush team in the league that is losing it's best 2 pass rushing DTs. This is to the guy that "wouldn't be thrilled" with Chance Warmack, a consensus top 10 prospect, at the 20th pick for a team that started Chilo Rachal, Chris Spencer, and a UDFA at LG last year and has given up the most sacks over the last 4 years.