Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-22-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Anyone see Woodhead's contract with SD?
I'm with Reiss, puzzled why we didn't resign him for those numbers.
So, let the conspiracy theories begin:

1) He didn't want to come back to NE (e.g. the weather is just a tad better in SD)
2) He was pissed Welker was allowed to walk
3) We're saving up for a big payday for ...someone.
We're stacked at RB and he would have been more expensive than a free agent rookie that can do his job.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited Vollmer is sticking around. Our bookends are set. Another interior lineman would be nice though.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm excited Vollmer is sticking around. Our bookends are set. Another interior lineman would be nice though.
Yup. Barret Jones in the second or maybe a guy like Warmack if he falls. But DL, WR and DB should be the main focus of this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Yup. Barret Jones in the second or maybe a guy like Warmack if he falls. But DL, WR and DB should be the main focus of this draft.
While I think Warmack is the superior prospect I prefer the fit of Cooper with the Pats. Very atheltic guy who is also more versatile than Warmack. The Pats love stretch runs and screens. Cooper on the second level is in a different class than most OG prospects in the last 10 years

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
While I think Warmack is the superior prospect I prefer the fit of Cooper with the Pats. Very atheltic guy who is also more versatile than Warmack. The Pats love stretch runs and screens. Cooper on the second level is in a different class than most OG prospects in the last 10 years
I agree that Cooper is a better fit, but I'll go as far as calling him a better prospect than Warmack. That's why I don't think we'll have a shot at drafting him. Warmack is the type of player that could fall due to a perceived lack of athleticism and upside. I still think that BB will trade down at least once and collect midround draft picks and picks next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bookend Tackles FTW!

Also 8.5 mil guaranteed for Kyle Arrington, 8.25 for Vollmer. Dafuq?

Last edited by cmarq83 : 03-25-2013 at 07:35 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Bookend Tackles FTW!

Also 8.5 mil guaranteed for Kyle Arrington, 8.25 for Vollmer. Dafuq?
Hahahaaa . . . you're so funny.

You are joking, right? RIGHT??!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously **** that Arrington deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Kyle Arrington.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him, he is a great slot corner.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a tough player but he simply can't cover. Adequate guy to have on the roster as a depth guy/ST'er but worth nowhere near the cash we gave him.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
He is a tough player but he simply can't cover. Adequate guy to have on the roster as a depth guy/ST'er but worth nowhere near the cash we gave him.
He should have got what Adrian Wilson got. He's an adequate in the right role type guy, but we're paying him like a full fledged quality starter when there were and are several 1-2 type CB's still on the market going for a comparable price. That contract still makes no sense.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arrington definitely got overpaid; I think $3 million per season is the highest I'd go. However, he's also a young, durable, and versatile defensive back with reliable play; certainly not elite, and has deficiencies on the outside, but you know what you're getting with him on the field. The Patriots have been unable to find quality defensive backs, so I can see the logic behind preventing another hole from opening up in the secondary.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Arrington definitely got overpaid; I think $3 million per season is the highest I'd go. However, he's also a young, durable, and versatile defensive back with reliable play; certainly not elite, and has deficiencies on the outside, but you know what you're getting with him on the field. The Patriots have been unable to find quality defensive backs, so I can see the logic behind preventing another hole from opening up in the secondary.
Why is that? Anyone have a good explanation for our consistent failure in drafting DBs (and WRs for that matter): Scouting, coaching, slavish devotion to measurable's, simple bad luck?

It's why I'm disappointed we opted not to sign any of the affordable starting caliber corners. I fear the same ol, same ol in the back end again this year (go back to the beginning of this thread, the pass defense problems emerged back in 08 and have never really been corrected.) Maybe I'm just a half empty kind of guy though.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to be a mixture of scouting and coaching. Anyone will tell you that our defense is a tough one to play in, especially for DB's, but if you look at the corners/safeties we draft it has to be a scouting thing as well.

I think BB thought he saw the next Ed Reed in Meriweather, but it turns out some of the flaws in his game at Miami that we thought we correctable really were not. I think you can chalk up Meriweather to being a scouting and coaching disaster.

Darius Butler was an excellent athlete coming out of UConn, but he was not physical. He had some good interception numbers but it was clear as soon as he got here that he was lost when the ball was in the air. He has improved for the Colts but still was a bust for us.

Chung I would say is more of the same. He was never though to be much of a cover guy at Oregon, he was a physical player with some athletic upside. He never developer into what we apparently envisioned in him and was considered a reach on draft day, he was pretty much a first round pick.

Terrence Wheatley? Fail.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks Don.
I would advise against going back to the beginning of this thread lol. A lot of the prospects you guys discussed back then (Harvin, Matthews, Barwin et al) were all spot on, yet here we are with almost the same issues.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, at this point, I think the coaching is to blame. That and WRs.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Jenkins just signed with us.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-28-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Mike Jenkins just signed with us.
You mean Michael Jenkins. Big difference there, I went from me gusta to no me gusta really quickly.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will he be better or worse than Ocho?

Toss up?

Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Yeah. Molasses Mike.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

So . . . we have Amendola, Jones, and now Jenkins as slot/possession guys. Sweet?

Old 03-28-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Anyone read Reiss' mailbag? Quote from BB on evaluating college receivers:

"I think the college passing game is a lot different than the pro passing game -- it involves pass protection, pass rush, pass execution and pass defense. We all look at the same film. We're all trying to evaluate the same players. But it's a lot easier to watch a guy in the NFL perform and translate his skills for your team than watch a guy in college perform because of the discrepancy in the passing game. It's nobody's fault. That's just the way it is."

Maybe BB should talk to the GB scouting staff, they don't seem to have the same problems
Old 03-28-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Anyone read Reiss' mailbag? Quote from BB on evaluating college receivers:

"I think the college passing game is a lot different than the pro passing game -- it involves pass protection, pass rush, pass execution and pass defense. We all look at the same film. We're all trying to evaluate the same players. But it's a lot easier to watch a guy in the NFL perform and translate his skills for your team than watch a guy in college perform because of the discrepancy in the passing game. It's nobody's fault. That's just the way it is."

Maybe BB should talk to the GB scouting staff, they don't seem to have the same problems
Seriously. I made a similar quip the other day that we'd be happy to swap RB and WR scouting personnel so both teams can fix the spot they're awful at in one shot. We're good at RB for a while, anyway.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I rather we have signed E. Sanders.