Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-27-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If our 2 biggest pickups in the offseason are guards I will be disappointed. Its simply not a terribly difficult position to fill.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Tony Pauline tweeted last night
I watched one game a few weeks ago and didn't like Cooper as much as Warmack, mostly because I like the idea of a mauler between Valesco and Stewart. That way we could have a go to power side.

But I watched a few more games a few days ago and came away more impressed. He played at ~285, but he was ~310 and the combine. He did have the ability to get some push at 285, I imagine he is only better at 310. Overall, it's hard to find deficiencies in his game. He has great feet and technique. He pulls and does well at the 2nd level. He recovers quickly to make a good block on a play where you think he may get beat.

A guard at 10 is definitely not at the top of my wish list. I like some guys in the 2nd-3rd for a better value/need fit for us. If a few guys are gone, I think we may should try to trade down and go from there. But if we stayed at 10 and took either G, I couldn't get mad because I think they are safe, solid picks.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've watched 3 games of Cooper lately, and I like him better than Warmack. I still like Warford value-wise than either of them. You just don't take a Guard at #10, that's it.

I think this is all likely a ploy to try to get someone who wants a Guard to trade up
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I've watched 3 games of Cooper lately, and I like him better than Warmack. I still like Warford value-wise than either of them. You just don't take a Guard at #10, that's it.

I think this is all likely a ploy to try to get someone who wants a Guard to trade up
Especially when you just signed a 26 year old guy, who you hope to be your starting LG for the next 5+ years for $8mil per.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm playing a bit of Devil's Advocate here, but if Cooper is a worst case scenario, it's nothing I'd be upset about. There's plenty of reasonable guesses as to why the Titans would look closely at him.

1) DE - Ansah is gone or there is no chance to trade up for him. Werner may not be worth #10 to them. Jordan/Mingo don't look to fit our scheme. Would they take Tank that high? Trade down seems more likely, but you gotta have a partner.

2) DT - They are simply fine with the guys we have and don't even look at this as a need.

3) S - Same as DT, only one good option, and not typically viewed as a good value here.

4) LB - We are good.

5) CB - This has a chance. Do they like the top guys? Do they think Campbell could start? What about Sensebaugh?

6) QB - Not yet (gulp)

7) RB - Just silly

8) FB - Well we do need one...is Mike Alstot in this draft?

9) TE - Nope. On a side note, I do like several guys later in the draft, but we have a lot invested in the position...hope we invested wisely.

10) WR - Kinda like CB to me. We have some players there, and I can see the team being happy with what we have for now. But Patterson could be a very special talent.

11) OG - Well we do have a hole at RG. Cooper looks like a very good talent. Some would say lineman are easier to figure out making the pick "safer".

Not the sexiest pick and not our favorite options, but I can look at the bright side if this happens.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if we are planning on pulling the guards a lot more this season? If that's the case, Cooper would be a good selection.

I'd really prefer Ansah or Werner. It seems high for a lot of others, I like Patterson and Austin, but I'd rather just take 2 guys in round 2-4 and hope 1 of them can play.

After Milliner at CB, I don't see much of a different between Trufant/Rhodes and anyone who's going to be there in round 2.

If we trade down to 15 or so, I'm good with nearly anyone we would select.

Also, I don't get on Nfl.com's draft profiles much but did today. Anyone else notice that Larry Warford is higher than Jonathan Cooper.

I like Warford as a prospect, and I think he may be the best Guard in the class. But, I'm very surprised to see that other people like him half as much as I do!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Yeah if they want a more athletic guy, Cooper will be the one they look at. We could also bang the table for Kyle Long at a better value in the 2nd (maybe 3rd?).

I need to watch Warford again to get him fresh on my mind, but I remember he was heavy footed at times. Cooper is the better athlete (better than Warmack too). Otoh, The War Daddy, as Mayock called him, is like an immovable object inside. He pushes, he does not get pushed.

Value wise, I want Warford in the 2nd over Cooper in the first. But if Ziggy is gone, I guess I'm kinda open to many options at 10. I do agree trading down at that point may be our best option so we can get greedy with mid round picks and go for better depth at several positions.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

I need to watch Warford again to get him fresh on my mind, but I remember he was heavy footed at times. Cooper is the better athlete (better than Warmack too). Otoh, The War Daddy, as Mayock called him, is like an immovable object inside. He pushes, he does not get pushed.
For the most part they didn't ask him to move much, but when they did I was relatively surprised with his movement skills
Old 03-28-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ultimately I'd be ok with Coop or Warmack, but I won't act like they're my first choice by any stretch, especially when you can grab someone like Winters, Long, Warford, or Thomas in a later round.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Ultimately I'd be ok with Coop or Warmack, but I won't act like they're my first choice by any stretch, especially when you can grab someone like Winters, Long, Warford, or Thomas in a later round.
I think that's how most of us will feel. I feel pretty good in that there doesn't seem to be many scenarios where I will be mad with a certain pick.

Anyone have thoughts on Chaz Shilens? I remembered his name, and looked it up and found he had a nice pro day workout. I remember him making some plays for the Raiders and Jets. Big, athletic guy from what I see.

You have to wonder what the Titans think about our WR group. Washington is on the trade block. They keep bringing guys in, but they are all depth types. They have to be concerned about Britt for a few reasons. I'd like to see them bring in some depth competition like Shilens, and I also think they may draft a WR...but how high?
Old 03-28-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah none of the guys we are bringing in would be top 4 on our depth chart right now, so it's really odd. I kind of wonder if we expect Walter, Stokley and Shilens to still be there come training camp / the season so if somebody goes down we've already spoken to them and can make a quick signing.

With all the interest in WR, I'd be pretty shocked if we didn't take one in the first 3 rounds
Old 03-28-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Yeah with our 4 picks in the first 3 rounds I'm hoping we go DE, CB, WR, OL. Unless Star is available at 10...I still want him (if Ziggy isn't there).
Old 03-28-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Yeah none of the guys we are bringing in would be top 4 on our depth chart right now, so it's really odd. I kind of wonder if we expect Walter, Stokley and Shilens to still be there come training camp / the season so if somebody goes down we've already spoken to them and can make a quick signing.

With all the interest in WR, I'd be pretty shocked if we didn't take one in the first 3 rounds
Yeah...I think there's definitely a possibility that we're just bringing in Walters, Stokley, Schilens, etc. so that we can have a "file" on them in the event of an injury during the season. We've done that sort of research work before, even though that hasn't really been the means of operation this year where we seem to be signing many of the players that we bring in for visits.

Our WR core is really difficult to analyze right now. If Britt's healthy and if Kendall/Damien progress and if Nate returns happily, then the WRs could be a real strength for our team. There's definitely talent there, after all. But it could also fall apart really quickly, turning that potential strength into a very real weakness for the team -- especially looking toward next year. With all that in mind, I wouldn't mind if the Titans took a WR with one of those four top-100 picks. Personally, I'd rather address DL/OL with the first two picks; but, after that, I think WR becomes a legit option. It'll be interesting to see if the Titans are more interested in an big, outside WR (to potentially replace Britt next year) or if they're more interested in a shifty little slot-WR (since they seem interested in moving Kendall to the outside).

Just out of curiosity: Who are some of the 3rd-4th Round WRs that seem like interesting prospects to you? I've honestly not been following the WRs very closely this off-season because I didn't see it as a team-need until somewhat recently. Chris Harper and Corey Fuller are a couple mid-round guys that I've heard good things about; but I'm sure that there are other good WRs in this draft. (I've heard that, like a lot of the other positions this year, this is a deep draft for WRs, though not necessarily a top-heavy draft for WR.)
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
"My game is like a cocaine habit, it never stops goin' hard"
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't think we'll touch him though.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post

Just out of curiosity: Who are some of the 3rd-4th Round WRs that seem like interesting prospects to you? I've honestly not been following the WRs very closely this off-season because I didn't see it as a team-need until somewhat recently. Chris Harper and Corey Fuller are a couple mid-round guys that I've heard good things about; but I'm sure that there are other good WRs in this draft. (I've heard that, like a lot of the other positions this year, this is a deep draft for WRs, though not necessarily a top-heavy draft for WR.)
This WR class is, in my opinion, more intriguing with the guys not gonna be drafted in the first than the ones that are.

In the 3rd-4th round range there's a few guys that really stick out to me. Most all of them have the size and speed to potentially be a #1 one day.

Aaron Dobson from Marshall is a great example, 6'3" 210 with good speed and hands. I think we all know about Da'Rick Rogers and Justin Hunter so i'll ignore them. Terrance Williams could slide to the 3rd, although he's projected as a late 2nd, he's 6'2" 208 with good speed and vertical threat.

I love Chris Harper, I think he's one of the more polished WRs coming out this year, I think Corey Fuller is a little more raw than someone you would expect to contribute right away, but if you can wait for production he could turn into something.

The last player is a little un-talked about, Josh Boyce. He is a very good WR, solid in every aspect and is somewhat like a Kendall Wright type in that he's shorter and built pretty decent. Boyce is 5'11" 206 ran a 4.34 and benched 22reps @225, he projects well inside or outside in the NFL
Old 03-28-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think Scott reads our thread. He now has Marsalis Teague correctly ranked in the dead last spot of his cornerback rankings, and all is right in the world again.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Scott reads our thread. He now has Marsalis Teague correctly ranked in the dead last spot of his cornerback rankings, and all is right in the world again.
Having Marsalis Teague ranked at all is a cardinal sin, though.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Also, if we're looking for slot guys to move Kendall to the outside, I'd like Swope or Kenny Stills.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:29 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

If Keenan Allen is somehow there in the 2nd I'd be all over that. I think he's my favorite WR in this class. I'd be fine with us waiting on WR until the 3rd if he is gone though.

In terms of potential round 3 guys I like: Patton, Woods, Terrance Williams, Dobson, Bailey, and Rodgers. Some of those guys won't be there in the 3rd, but some very likely will.

This WR class doesn't have elite guys, but I actually think it has really good depth.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Agreed Pierce, that's why I would really love to trade down and pick up a late first and an additional 2nd/early 3rd.

In the 2nd, the top players on my list are Keenan Allen, Cornelius Carradine and Larry Warford.

I don't know how likely it is for Allen to fall to us, right now I'm seeing Allen at #32 on several big boards and I really fear that he may get taken to the Texans.

I really like Patton, he's another 2nd round guy in my eyes.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Larry Warford in the 2nd sounds great to me.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

I don't know much about this year's WR's other than what I've read (seen only a few highlight vids). As far as the eye test, I'm a Vol fan so I've seen Patterson and Da'Rick...they definitely pass the test. I guess my best scenario for WR is to steal Da'Rick in the 3rd...and then hope he walks the straight and narrow while in the league. I do have second thoughts about that though.

Justin Hunter kinda worries me. His hands are maddening. He looks a bit awkward when he runs...like he's gonna blow out an ACL again and again. I fear for him when he goes for YAC lol.

I wonder if we see a draft day trade with Washington...
Old 03-30-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pre-ACL I think Justin was by far the best of the three..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote