Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that game yesterday went about the way I thought it would. I figured the offense would atleast be able to score one touchdown but guess not. WR's are gonna be a HUGE issue all season long and I feel sorry for Tannehill. I think he's the future but man does he need some work and it doesnt help any with him having little help out there. It was good to see Hartline making some plays. Can always count on him, Bess and Bush to do some damage in this offense.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pretty excited about the score going into half and then the whole 21 points within 2 minutes thing just totally killed us. Bess was the only receiver to have a catch in the first 3 quarters. Hartline looked good in the fourth but they were playing prevent by then. If Hartline can get healthy and back into game shape/up to game speed, I think he'll be alright but him and Bess are not number 1 and 2 receivers. Naanee was awful, the intercepted ball that was thrown his way was a disgrace for him, he put up zero effort. He could have at least put up some effort...

Overall, Tannehill definitely held the team back some but that's to be expected. I didn't think he'd be ready to play but at the same time, I have no qualms with playing him given the other options of Moore or Devlin. The issue that Tannehill has is those batted balls. Its easy to say that some of that is the oline's fault but Tannehill had lots of batted balls in college as well. He needs to better learn blocking concepts/throwing lanes and not stare down receivers. Seemed like too often he made the decision on where he was going with the ball presnap so the quick drops weren't helping.

Bush and the defense played really well though (although we still can't cover TEs and our safeties leave much to be desired). It's gonna be a long season but I think there were some positives to take away from the game as well. Sticking with Houston for a half (well...most of one) is promising, if Tannehill improves as he should, I like our chances to win against some lesser teams.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Feinga and Ryan Baker are back on the roster again. All is right in the world, hahaha

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So that makes what like the 1000th times both have been cut and re-signed by this team?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

We won!!!!!!!!!! Hartline looked good, if he stays healthy, I think he can be our WR "savior" this year like we've been discussing. Reggie Bush was a beast and Lamar Miller had a great debut.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders CBs (and defense in general) are awful so I'm not going to get too excited, but definitely a nice game from Hartline. The lack of any vertical game is going to kill us against good defense though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland and one Dolphins fan had an uncomfortable exchange at halftime of Sunday's game between the Dolphins and Raiders and the organization is trying to figure out what to do about the issue even as fans are calling a local radio station to report the matter.

According to multiple eyewitnesses who called local station The Ticket and a highly placed club source who confirmed the exchange to The Herald, the Dolphins general manager was walking through the Sun Life Stadium concourse at halftime when the incident occurred.

After visiting his wife and family in his suite, Ireland exchanged pleasantries with a couple of fans, signed autographs and took pictures with at least two other fans as he headed back to his seat where he watches the game. Before he got there another fan called him over and Ireland, believing he was about to exchange more pleasantries, found himself listening to the fan complaining about his work.

That fan complained to Ireland about what he said was his poor management of the team. And at one point that fan said to Ireland, "We need you to fire yourself."

According to everyone I've talked to including team officials, Ireland responded by using the term "a--hole" either directed at the fan or loud enough for the fan to hear as he walked away.
Ok...which one of you was it?
Old 09-23-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Sorry boys, but enough is enough. Im done with this team. Im out.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

I didn't get to watch the game this weekend but seeing how it unfolded after the fact, I'm kinda glad. I really thought we'd beat them.

Other notes:

Feinga and Baker are both off the team again, over/under 2 weeks before they are back.

Sucks that Bush got dinged. He's saying he wants to play this week but its up to the coaches.

Really disappointed in Charles Clay and Michael Egnew's inability to get on the field.

Beating a dead horse here but...Hartline is top 15 in the league in targets, if Tannehill and him can get on the same page, I still think he can show all the doubters that Miami has at least one competent receiver.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Yay Hartline!! Leading receiver in the NFL right now!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Just saw we signed Gaffney and cut Naanee. I approve.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Naanee was just too perfect.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

I think I read somewhere that he had three targets, two of which were intercepted and the final one he caught and then fumbled. Poor Omar whiffs again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

I would seriously love it if someone would walk up to him and beat his head to the ground. Cant stand the guy. A know it all who thinks he's better then everyone else when it comes to knowing football.

Speaking of Naanee, I remember reading on twitter a while back that someone pointed it out to Omar how wrong he was about the guy. His response....insulting the dudes momma. If he had "thick skin" like he so claimed, he would've brushed it off and admit he was wrong(like he always is).
Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Dude is the Skip Bayless of the Dolphins. And people on twitter actually listen to him and think what he says is correct. It makes me sad. :(

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-04-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

A friend of mine that's a Dolphins fan told me to go check out Omar's timeline. Me, being the good friend and always ready for a good laugh, came to see that he's nicknamed Tannehill Sho-nuff. No words.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I had so much hope for this season until the Colts completely destroyed it with the most infuriating game ever.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Yea, I hear ya there. I was getting really angry about the Jets and Cardinals games the other day and that Colts game was maddening.

Richard Marshall to IR hurts. He wasn't anything special but he was the best we had after Sean Smith and its pretty ugly looking at CB now. Here's hoping Carroll can prove everyone wrong...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Carroll has looked ok against crappier #2s. And he has shown that he knows how to at least bat the ball away which is more than any of the other DBs have done.

Except Reshad Jones. He's a frakkin beast.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-11-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Kiss the playoffs hopes good bye.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Old 12-02-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My preview for this week's game:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...o-week-13.html
Old 12-18-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Soooo...we're still not mathematically eliminated! If the Bengals finish out 0-2 (@Pit and host Baltimore), and the Steelers finish 1-1 (Host Cin and Cle), and we win out, we have a better conference record than both of them and will get in! Soooo we need Pittsburgh to beat Cincinnati then lose to Cleveland while taking care of our business! (Yea, I'm dreaming)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-30-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Well that game went as expected but the season didnt. Impressed that this team was able to reach 7 wins this season. Was impressed with Tannehill this season mostly. Given that he was a raw rookie and with little help all year, he did well. He has a bright future a head of him and I think once he has weapons, he can be a game changer no doubt.

Now for the love of God Ireland, go get some ******* WR's in the offseason. And another pass rusher would be nice too. Oh and maybe a seam threat TE would help as well.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2013/03/...rs-on-nfl-com/

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Anyone following Training Camp at all? I honestly haven't gotten a chance to look into much, how's all the newcomers looking? Gonna get big year two jumps from Tannehill and company?

I heard Laurent Robinson will be in town to workout, if his concussion symptoms have subsided, I could get behind him as a number 4 receiver. Good fit for the offense.

sig by BoneKrusher