Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So last night on SC they were talking about the streak, and how it was something where all over the country people would grab their friends to duck into a bar or somewhere to watch each game to see the streak.

Maybe it's just me and peopel in Chicago, but I can honestly say I know absolutely no one who did this. I don't even know anyone that went out of their way to watch random Heat games during the streak. It was more of reading about it online the next day or watching SC and seeing, "Oh hey, they won again." I didn't think it was this huge story that engaged all of society.
It's not, but SC uses extreme hyperbole in all cases like these not just Miami or Lebron. If you think back to any other historic streak of any kind, it was literally exactly the same way. This goes for any sport, gender, you name it. Plus when there isn't much other big news going on, a streak is going to dominate the coverage. I know it always seems that way if you hate the Heat, Lebron, or you're rival team plays them, but I've seen SC go out of their way to do this everytime.

Or maybe I don't know why people are always so surprised. SC is for the casual sports fan, anybody who is knee deep into sports that show really isn't even for you. But for the people who just work all the time and casually dip into sports without following it along closely is what they tailor the show for. So when the greatest player in said sport is approaching a record that hadn't been close to being broken for 40 years you don't think that's going to dominate the coverage?

I don't know...I get people still get tired of them, but to me it's like the equivalent of Albert Pujols having a 50 game hitting streak, and people getting annoyed because that's all SC is talking about. That's their job, and it's what they have always done and always will do. It would be different if the Heat got a certain coverage, but they barely talked about the Patroits going 16-0 and leading up to the SB, but we know that isn't true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SC is basically E! News now and has been for a while. They take a handful of topics (Heat, Lakers, Teo, Tebow...etc) and cover them ad nauseam.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only good SC is the 11PM edition when they actually go over all the highlights of the day.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol @ Lebron being a whiny *****.

And that no call on Kobe was ******* egregious.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Lol @ Lebron being a whiny *****.

You would shut your mouth if you knew what was good for ya!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-28-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love and knew once this streak was over the trash talk would be back and the talks of how team X in the Eastern Conference can beat the Heat in the playoffs now that the streak is over. No Eastern Conference team will or can beat the Heat 4 times in 2 weeks. This was one game in the regular season. Western conference....that's a different story, even with the streak thought the western conference team that makes it could do it (assuming its San Antonio, OKC, Denver, or the Clips). We found out what we already know, the Heat gets outrebounded all the time, we have trouble rebounding. They are 30th in rebounding, and more than 40 games above .500, so there....and quite frankly, in the playoffs LeBron gets some of those calls he was complaining about in the playoffs. Its the way it is, I am not saying its right, but it happens.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Danny Granger to have season ending surgery.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone was saying anything about the Heat losing in the East. That doesn't take anything away from Lebron and Wade being whiny little bitches.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets not act like Lebron doesn't dish out a lot of physicality as well. On the play with Heinrich, Lebron lowered his shoulders and fully on bulldozed right into Heinrich's torso. Yeah, Heinrich grabbed him (partially it seemed like to save himself from getting destroyed), but its far from a non-basketball tackle that Lebron claims. The Gibson one was simply a normal foul, there's no debate about that.

But in the playoffs Lebron will probably get a flagrant in his favor whenever he goes down. The NBA will make sure to protect its golden boy.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Ohhhhhhhhh P2W - lets not act like the Celtics don't get their fair share of calls either.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not enough talk about the Orlando Magic here.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Not enough talk about the Orlando Magic here.
That's what the 2013 NBA Draft thread is for

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
That's what the 2013 NBA Draft thread is for
in your face!!!!!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-28-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cousins has 17 & 7 in the 1st

gogo Kings!

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boogie beasting people. Especially Hadadi.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya not hard to abuse Scola and Hadadi

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Suns having Boogieman nightmares again.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks are quietly putting it all together. Playing hard defense, getting healthy at the right time, JR is attacking the basket, they're distributing the ball again, we're looking like the beginning of the season again.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks are beating the Heat in the playoffs. I'm calling it now. You heard it here first.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Knicks are beating the Heat in the playoffs. I'm calling it now. You heard it here first.
And he's back!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Sanders is a goddamn stud.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
And he's back!
We got it man, we got it. With Kenyon on the team playing the way he's playing, and Shump getting his legs back, we have the defense to stop them. We got it man. I'm telling you.

We can throw a bunch of combinations at them that will give them trouble. Chandler will hold the middle down. We can go big and have a rotation of Camby and Martin play hard defense to further protect the paint. We have Shump who can key on Wade, we can iso Bosh with either Martin or Chandler.

And we can throw a combination of Melo with help behind him in the bigs vs Lebron. They don't have a fast PG who will kill us, which is what it takes to beat the Knicks.

They don't have any rebouding, we'll dominate the boards.

We got em man. I'm telling you. Just watch. Everyone is on their dick because of this win streak but everyone is ignoring their flaws as a team. They're not unbeatable.

We're gonna beat em.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything to make me hate the Knicks even more...

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We're gonna beat em!

I want the playoffs to start already. Stomp out the Bulls in 5 in the first round, beat the Pacers in 6 in the 2nd round, beat the Heat in 6 in the ECF.

Ship in 6.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Larry Sanders is a goddamn stud.
Did you read Goldsberry's research paper on interior defense? Not only is it awesome, it anoints Colonel Sanders the best interior defender in the league. It was great to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We got it man, we got it. With Kenyon on the team playing the way he's playing, and Shump getting his legs back, we have the defense to stop them. We got it man. I'm telling you.

We can throw a bunch of combinations at them that will give them trouble. Chandler will hold the middle down. We can go big and have a rotation of Camby and Martin play hard defense to further protect the paint. We have Shump who can key on Wade, we can iso Bosh with either Martin or Chandler.

And we can throw a combination of Melo with help behind him in the bigs vs Lebron. They don't have a fast PG who will kill us, which is what it takes to beat the Knicks.

They don't have any rebouding, we'll dominate the boards.

We got em man. I'm telling you. Just watch. Everyone is on their dick because of this win streak but everyone is ignoring their flaws as a team. They're not unbeatable.

We're gonna beat em.
From your mouth to God's ears. Let's worry about the Bulls/Pacers first though.