Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-million-deal/

Quote:
Cardinals have signed Adam Wainwright to a five-year contract extension worth $97.5 million. That’s an average annual salary of $19.5 million, which isn’t bad value for a guy who has been an ace in the past and is likely to be an ace again moving forward.
Yes! Now we can clear our heads of that.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:43 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I got you beat badly.

LF Lucas Duda - Mike Baxter
CF Colin Cowgill - Jordany Valdespin
RF Marlon Byrd - Mike Baxter
I think at that point I might just quit watching baseball.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think at that point I might just quit watching baseball.
It's going to be tough even though I do think Cowgill might be a nice surprise if Collins give him the AB's. I love baseball too much to quit watching though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's going to be tough even though I do think Cowgill might be a nice surprise if Collins give him the AB's. I love baseball too much to quit watching though.
Yeah same here. I know the Red Sox have been better than the Mets in recent history but I feel your pain.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of excited by this rag tag group of Yankees. Now if we start 3-7 in the first 10 games, my feelings will probably change.

However my excitement has tempered with Wells and Overbay. I really wanted to see Mesa and Mustelier play just to see them sink or swim.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm kind of excited by this rag tag group of Yankees. Now if we start 3-7 in the first 10 games, my feelings will probably change.

However my excitement has tempered with Wells and Overbay. I really wanted to see Mesa and Mustelier play just to see them sink or swim.
You'll still watch as many games as possible even with a bad start though. Unfortunately for you the Yanks can't really start the younger guys at this juncture and get away with it to the large casual fanbase you have. The Mets for some asinine reason are going to have a lot vets also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'll still watch as many games as possible even with a bad start though. Unfortunately for you the Yanks can't really start the younger guys at this juncture and get away with it to the large casual fanbase you have. The Mets for some asinine reason are going to have a lot vets also.
I get some of the reason for the vets. Especially Overbay for defense reasons only. But only because they were considering Juan Rivera at first as the other option. No clue why they just won't let Youk play first and play this Mustlier at third.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
So we have Brett ******* Myers and Scott Kazmir as starters ?

Just awesome.
Don't forget Ubaldo Jimenez!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Don't forget Ubaldo Jimenez!
And Dice K in the minors waiting!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are assholes.

:(

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
:'(

It sucks bad that our lineup looks rock solid but we're going to be consistently losing games like 13-6, 15-10 etc.

I'm not even banking on Masterson bouncing back. Ubaldo is Ubaldo. I think they're going to have no choice but to bring up Bauer before the all-star break which I was hoping they'd avoid.

It's going to be bad. But we will have each other, Woot.
Well...if we get 2011 Masterson, 2010 Jimenez, June 2011 Carrasco, 2007 Kazmir, and 2006 Myers we'll have the best rotation in the league!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we have 2007 CC and Fausto back ?

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Can we have 2007 CC and Fausto back ?
Why don't you take Kenny Lofton and Jim Thome in their primes too.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I had a fantasy basbell draft last night. Rather than straight points, we are doing categories. I haven't played categories in years, so I have no idea how good my team is.

C: Carlos Santana
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Robinson Cano
SS: J.J. Hardy
3B: Ryan Zimmerman
MI: Aaron Hill
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
OF: Bryce Harper
OF: Yoenis Cespedes
UTIL: Pablo Sandoval
UTIL: Eric Hosmer
P: Dan Haren
P: Lance Lynn
P: Jeremy Hellickson
SP: David Price
SP: Jared Weaver
SP: Chris Sale
RP: Jason Motte
RP: Greg Holland

Bench: Josh Willingham
Bench: Ryan Howard
Bench: Michael Morse
Bench: Wilin Rosario
Bench: Kyuji Fujikawa
Bench: Jason Grilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Why don't you take Kenny Lofton and Jim Thome in their primes too.
I'm going back in 2000 and I'm not letting Manny Ramirez go away.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
So I had a fantasy basbell draft last night. Rather than straight points, we are doing categories. I haven't played categories in years, so I have no idea how good my team is.

C: Carlos Santana
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Robinson Cano
SS: J.J. Hardy
3B: Ryan Zimmerman
MI: Aaron Hill
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
OF: Bryce Harper
OF: Yoenis Cespedes
UTIL: Pablo Sandoval
UTIL: Eric Hosmer
P: Dan Haren
P: Lance Lynn
P: Jeremy Hellickson
SP: David Price
SP: Jared Weaver
SP: Chris Sale
RP: Jason Motte
RP: Greg Holland

Bench: Josh Willingham
Bench: Ryan Howard
Bench: Michael Morse
Bench: Wilin Rosario
Bench: Kyuji Fujikawa
Bench: Jason Grilli
Lota HR and RBIs. No steals and a lower AVG. Runs should be middle of the pack.

Won't win saves. Should get a lot of wins and be in the top in Ks
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm going back in 2000 and I'm not letting Manny Ramirez go away.
Hell while you're at it just have Grady Sizemore without the injury concerns.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hell while you're at it just have Grady Sizemore without the injury concerns.
I'll let you have Babe Ruth back.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cliff Lee too.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'll let you have Babe Ruth back.
Give me Ted Williams instead and we got a deal.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We literally just have Giancarlo Stanton. And that is it.....

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
We literally just have Giancarlo Stanton. And that is it.....
Everyone in Miami should call for Jeffrey Loria's head. Its ridiculous what that man gets away with.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

He got away with the Expos.

He's a ******* prick.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-28-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone in Miami should call for Jeffrey Loria's head. Its ridiculous what that man gets away with.
They are trust me. It just doesn't matter and a little too late. He got his stadium built at pretty much no expense to him, and now that place is raking in tons of money in the offseason with all the events that go on down here. He could give two shits, hence why he has the same damn baseball people for over a decade running his baseball operations.

They all suck.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Cliff Lee too.
You can't have him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote