Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-29-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
No not really. I'm just not a fan of conference fapping. I actually had Syracuse & Ohio State in my Final Four.
High Five. I am tired of conference fapping. I get the whole "hope the conference plays well" game theory aspect of it all. But I can't cheer on rivals after a certain point.

My finals game is OSU and Georgetown. I picked the wrong Big Least horse to bet on.

I picked OSU because I had them in the Final Four. And if I had them going that far, I might as well have them winning it all, because the homer in me takes over.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Crean has douche moments, but the guy can coach and has brought back Indiana from the abyss that was Sampson.
He's an uberdouche.

He's a slightly above average coach that is a great recruiter.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus after seeing Tom Crean kissing his son on the mouth I can't cheer for them at all.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't need to be lectured on how television ratings work, saying things like that is not his job. Don't be an idiot.
It's laughable when people like you take everything he says seriously. Part of his job is to entertain. If he was middle of the road, you wouldn't even remember him. That wouldn't be good for CBS. Part of being a commentator/analyst is having a persona.

https://www.google.com/news?ncl=dmGx...=English&hl=en

There's already 19 stories on the Doug Gottlieb incident.

Last edited by ph90702 : 03-29-2013 at 12:53 AM.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
It's laughable when people like you take everything he says seriously. Part of his job is to entertain. If he was middle of the road, you wouldn't even remember him. That wouldn't be good for CBS. Part of being a commentator/analyst is having a persona.
I LOVE Gottlieb, i think he's a great analyst and he's a guy that can really deliver and explain his analysis thoroughly as an ex player, but that was completely stupid and uncalled for. This wasn't a ratings boost and it wasn't a "persona", this was him thinking he was being funny and not realizing how stupid and uncomfortable it would make people. CBS issued an apology immediately after.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Plus after seeing Tom Crean kissing his son on the mouth I can't cheer for them at all.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what the **** is that ****
Old 03-29-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
what the **** is that ****
The awkward moment you realize your coach likes men.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-29-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That picture of Crean makes me uncomfortable.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I've seen parents kiss their kids in the mouth when they're children and even then think it's a little odd, but a grown ass man kissing a grown ass teenager in the mouth is just plain weird.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post

https://www.google.com/news?ncl=dmGx...=English&hl=en

There's already 19 stories on the Doug Gottlieb incident.
You're thinking of what Skip Bayless does. Not something that CBS has to apologize for immediately after. You think that was CBS's plan? To gt themselves into a situation they have to apologize for?

I bet you think ESPN loved Rob Parker's RGIII comments.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-29-2013 at 01:29 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You're a ******* moron. You're thinking of what Skip Bayless does. Not something that CBS has to apologize for immediately after. You think that was CBS's plan? To gt themselves into a situation they have to apologize for?

I bet you think ESPN loved Rob Parker's RGIII comments.
It will get CBS publicity. The worst thing that people who are pi*sed off by this can do is to keep talking about it and writing articles about it.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the networks are going to get their pundits to start making tons of race related comments. Its all about the publicity man. Rush Limbaugh just became extremely sought after.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:19 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is begging to be considered for the UCLA job.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 03:42 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is begging to be considered for the UCLA job.
Kareem's support is appreciated, but unfortunately for him its not happening.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Am I the only one who had 'Cuse over Indiana in my bracket?
I did as well. Have Michigan and MSU winning their games today too.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
All the networks are going to get their pundits to start making tons of race related comments. Its all about the publicity man. Rush Limbaugh just became extremely sought after.
Controversy generates ratings.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People thought BBD was bad in the NBA thread...

Anyway..

Lousiville
Florida
Kansas
Sparty

(not reflective of my bracket just my feelings this morning)

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MSU/Duke and UM/KU are going to be awesome games.

KU has the talent to destroy Michigan, but they also could show up and look like they did against TCU and Oklahoma earlier this season, or how they did early against UNC last week. I think it'll be really close all the way but KU pulls it out in the end.

MSU/Duke....flip a coin. Really. Complete toss up.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan
Florida
Louisville
Michigan State

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Kansas
Duke
L'Ville
Florida

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Am I the only one who had 'Cuse over Indiana in my bracket?
No I did as well.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I took my bracket last night and made it into a sweet airplane and then I unfolded it....and then i put it in a shredder...

f you indiana...f u

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty pumped for Michigan tonight. I caught very few second round games, but I'm hoping this is a good one.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote