Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Keylime March Mock

Well the next one I'll probably do is right before the draft. But here are some mock draft thoughts I have:

1-KC-Luke Joeckel-T
2-JAC-Sharrif Floyd-DT

I think this comes down to Floyd or Geno Smith. Tough call. I don't think they reach for Jordan like some mocks are saying - and I think they like their pass rushers Mincey, Babin, and Branch well enough to not have to go desperate for a raw, unproven, high upside risk player like Jordan.

3-OAK-Geno Smith-QB

I think they take Floyd if he's there, or maybe Star. If not they go QB b/c they are empty at the position.

4-PHI-Star Lotuleilei-DT

This is a pick I rarely see in mock drafts anymore b/c there was that false alarm about his heart condition at the combine that has since been cleared. He is a top 5 talent and I think he will go there quietly. This is a great fit too since Philly filled most of their holes except a 3-4 DE across from Cox - and Star fits perfectly into that role. If not a DT, then this will be Fisher.

5-DET-Eric Fisher-T
6-CLE-Dee Milliner-CB
7-ARI-Lane Johnson-T

Hard to pick between the left tackle and the pass rushers. I think teams like San Diego or Miami might try to trade up to 6 or 7 to get Johnson.

8-BUF-Matt Barkley-QB

I don't like this pick. People say he's still a first rounder even after his meh pro day, but I don't see it. I'll keep him in round one for now. Buffalo is gonna get a QB in this draft one way or another.

9-NYJ-Dion Jordan-OLB
10-TEN-Ezekiel Ansah-DE

Both those guys will probably go higher, but that is their floor.

11-SD-Chance Warmack-G
12-MIA-Xavier Rhodes-CB
13-TB-Tyler Eifert-TE

They will probably try to move up and get Rhodes. If not then they will either go for a pass rusher like Mingo or Werner, or Eifert.

14-CAR-Sheldon Richardson-DT
15-NO-Jarvis Jones-OLB
16-STL-Kenny Vaccaro-S
17-PIT-Barkevious Mingo-OLB
18-DAL-Jonathan Cooper-G

I expect him to go higher.

19-NYG-DJ Fluker-T

The other potential destination for Eifert IMO

20-CHI-Alec Ogeltree-LB
21-CIN-Cordarrelle Patterson-WR

match made in heaven, right?

22-STL-Tavon Austin-WR

Could go as high as 9 or 10 - but I have a feeling that his lack of height pushes him down to 15-22.

23-MIN-Bjeorn Werner-DE
24-IND-Johnathan Hankins-DT
25-MIN-Desmond Trufant-CB
26-GB-Margus Hunt-DE
27-HOU-Keenan Allen-WR
28-DEN-Damontre Moore-DE
29-NE-Sylvester Williams-DT
30-ATL-Datone Jones-DE
31-SF-Eric Reid-S
32-BAL-Arthur Brown-ILB

Last edited by keylime_5 : 03-29-2013 at 02:23 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote