Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-28-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, so Gonzo of all people has now called others annoying, pretentious, and a snob.. when concerning a TV show or a movie. Hilarious. Priceless. Hall of Fame worthy.

Quote:
I guess I understand why people didn't like House of Cards but I am going to get on my high horse and say you bastards just didn't get it. So ******* unique, I really felt it was one of the greatest television achievements to date. The raw energy and power in every performance, every camera movement, every moment just really resonated with me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/03/charl....html?mid=imdb

I really hope this gets picked up. Charlie Kaufman is my favorite writer/director after Paul Thomas Anderson. My expectations are likely too high but I expect nothing less than this being one of my all time favorite television shows.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't even imagine what it would be like, but I want it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Having actually watched every episode of the show so far I can tell you that every character has some sort of likable quality. I don't see how me being an alleged film snob has anything to do with any of this. Are you trying to tell me that I don't actually like the show and am just saying I do in order to seem smart? I did not need to have to 'try' to like the show.

Russo has a fascinating character arc in season 1. Yes, he is a womanizer and a drug addict but that is not just what his character is. Beneath that he is ambitious but terrified. He is trapped between two worlds and incredibly overwhelmed by everything his life has become. There is a brilliant episode having to do with him returning to his former home that you never ended up watching.

Really you just have no idea what you are talking about. You have drawn so many conclusions about the show after seeing less than half of the first season and you are way off. I know you will say it is the responsibility of the show to draw you in sooner than it did (personally I was hooked after episode two) and five episodes is enough time given to the show. The fact is the audience does not at all know everything Spacey is doing and why. Another thing you are way off about.

I will also say that if anyone is being a snob here it is you sir. It seems to me like you went into the show not wanting to like it. You repeatedly saying the show is not smart kind of screams pretentious to me. Sex and swearing are part of life and I think you are way off base claiming the show only features sex and swearing because it is not a network show and can get away with it. Sex is used as a tool in the show, a way to gain power over someone (and power is a very big theme). Nobody is saying **** you to the president, I think the use of swearing is incredibly realistic.

I think what you are having trouble with is the fact that the show does not deal in black or white. I completely disagree that everyone is scummy. Yes many do very scummy things but if they are doing these scummy things in their mind their is a point to them. A lot of the scummy things done are for 'the greater good'. Sometimes this is just people telling themselves this fact to justify their behavior, other times it is actually the case.

Television is art and art is subjective so you are allowed to not like the show but I disagree with pretty much everything you have said, in fact I strongly disagree.
I'm pretty sure Vidae's quote just summed up my feelings on what you having to be a snob as to do with it. You're just trying too hard to justify why these characters are amazing when I've seen a million like them. They are not awesome. To me they are more boring and one dimensional than anything else. The whole idea of having conflict does not equate to an interesting character. You need to be balanced and have multiple sides. I feel like very few of these characters do. I'm an English grad, and I see A LOT of people try to do this when talking about characters, plots or symbolism. Sometimes an author makes a character wear blue clothes because he just wants them to wear ******* blue. You're trying to look way too much into the characters. They have a lot of stuff going on, but that doesn't make them complex or interesting.

And yes, sorry, the show wasn't that great so I decided not to watch it all. That's clearly my fault rather than the shows. I gave it a lot more time and effort than I think most people do with shows they dislike. I've heard you and others complain after watching 2-3 episodes of a show before. Shouldn't make my opinion any less relevant. I almost saw half the season too.

And I'm being a snob? Have you read anything of what I've said? It's not watching the sex scenes or listening to the swearing that offends me. It's the simple matter of it not being realistic for the most part. Mara's character dropping F-bomb's in front of her superiors at work? Doubtful. And as I ALSO said, it wasn't a complaint specifically House of Cards. It's a lot of other shows where it literally adds nothing than just saying or doing something you're not supposed on TV. Some situations it makes total sense, ala Game of Thrones. It's essential to the story. Others, like in some instances of House of Cards, it's completely pointless. It doesn't really add anything to show, and excessive use of it really just seems lazy to me. Again, not just talking about House of Cards. Compared to many other shows it really wasn't that bad, but it just made me think of this for other shows I've seen.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Words...I'm an English grad......More Words....

And I'm being a snob?
Yes, you are. Being an English grad really has nothing to do with anything being discussed here. It doesn't give you more insight. It doesn't really lend anything to the conversation at all.

I can totally understand not liking the show. Tastes are personal. These characters have strong motivations and solid justifications for their actions. You don't empathize, which is a great thing, as they are sociopaths. Mara's character is one of the few that's not and she is borderline.

These people are far from one dimensional or one note. Just because they aren't over emoting and overacting like a character in a Broadway musical doesn't mean they aren't being emotional.

As a tip, you should stay away from Scandavian film and TV if you think this is too dry, contained, and flat.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Forenci's defense, he wasn't using the fact that he is an English grad to say his opinion was more valid or that he has more insight. He was comparing Gonzo to English majors who try so hard to find depth in works where the depth is just not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nathan for You is so ******* great.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Yes, you are. Being an English grad really has nothing to do with anything being discussed here. It doesn't give you more insight. It doesn't really lend anything to the conversation at all.

I can totally understand not liking the show. Tastes are personal. These characters have strong motivations and solid justifications for their actions. You don't empathize, which is a great thing, as they are sociopaths. Mara's character is one of the few that's not and she is borderline.

These people are far from one dimensional or one note. Just because they aren't over emoting and overacting like a character in a Broadway musical doesn't mean they aren't being emotional.

As a tip, you should stay away from Scandavian film and TV if you think this is too dry, contained, and flat.
Yeah, I really didn't use it to say my opinion was more valid or it gave me any greater insight. Merely stated I've seen the EXACT same argument a hundred times before. As I'm sure many people have. Not sure how you ended up drawing that conclusion though. To me, the characters are mostly one dimensional. Gonzo can and will disagree I'm sure but that's just how I feel, personally.

Sometimes **** is ****, no matter how you dress it up.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:13 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That "all day" scene with Schmidt in this weeks New Girl was incredible.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm pretty sure Vidae's quote just summed up my feelings on what you having to be a snob as to do with it. You're just trying too hard to justify why these characters are amazing when I've seen a million like them. They are not awesome. To me they are more boring and one dimensional than anything else. The whole idea of having conflict does not equate to an interesting character. You need to be balanced and have multiple sides. I feel like very few of these characters do. I'm an English grad, and I see A LOT of people try to do this when talking about characters, plots or symbolism. Sometimes an author makes a character wear blue clothes because he just wants them to wear ******* blue. You're trying to look way too much into the characters. They have a lot of stuff going on, but that doesn't make them complex or interesting.

And yes, sorry, the show wasn't that great so I decided not to watch it all. That's clearly my fault rather than the shows. I gave it a lot more time and effort than I think most people do with shows they dislike. I've heard you and others complain after watching 2-3 episodes of a show before. Shouldn't make my opinion any less relevant. I almost saw half the season too.

And I'm being a snob? Have you read anything of what I've said? It's not watching the sex scenes or listening to the swearing that offends me. It's the simple matter of it not being realistic for the most part. Mara's character dropping F-bomb's in front of her superiors at work? Doubtful. And as I ALSO said, it wasn't a complaint specifically House of Cards. It's a lot of other shows where it literally adds nothing than just saying or doing something you're not supposed on TV. Some situations it makes total sense, ala Game of Thrones. It's essential to the story. Others, like in some instances of House of Cards, it's completely pointless. It doesn't really add anything to show, and excessive use of it really just seems lazy to me. Again, not just talking about House of Cards. Compared to many other shows it really wasn't that bad, but it just made me think of this for other shows I've seen.
I was going to let the argument die because I am sure people are tired of this but **** it, this is a place for discussion.

I am not even sure what you are arguing anymore. There is not excessive use of sex. Mara swearing in front of her superior? She has no respect for him and I feel the audience is supposed to sympathize with her boss because she is out of control.

At no point have I ever said your opinion is less relevant than everyone else. I brought up that you had yet to see episodes explaining a lot of what you are bitching about. The house of cards is slowly built throughout the season and I don't think what comes later would be nearly as effective without the buildup.

I have no idea what you are talking about when you compare me talking about the show to an english major reading to much into what a character wears. I have done nothing remotely close to that. You bring up the characters lacking depth, I responded with why I disagree. I am not reading to much into anything or trying hard to look for this depth, it is all there and like I have said before, as the season progresses more layers of the characters are revealed.

While I am not saying your opinion is less valid than mine having watched a full season as opposed to less than half it is safe to say I know more about this show than you do. By all means, don't watch anymore, but don't try and claim I have no idea what I am talking about and just reaching because liking this show is the snobby thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Nathan for You is so ******* great.
Based on this post and Seth Rogan posting on twitter last night about how it is the funniest show on television I checked out the first episode and it was ******* hilarious. Good call.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally gotten around to showing my friend Party Down, and god damn it was that a great little show. Really cool seeing so many people from it showing up on Burning Love.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
That "all day" scene with Schmidt in this weeks New Girl was incredible.
New Girl has been on fire recently. Really funny stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Finally gotten around to showing my friend Party Down, and god damn it was that a great little show. Really cool seeing so many people from it showing up on Burning Love.
Party Down is oh so good. Sad to see it cancelled so young, hopefully after the Veronica Mars movie Rob Thomas considers doing something with Party Down.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
New Girl has been on fire recently. Really funny stuff.

Party Down is oh so good. Sad to see it cancelled so young, hopefully after the Veronica Mars movie Rob Thomas considers doing something with Party Down.
New Girl has been on fire since it started.

I doubt anything happens with Party Down, everybody's moved on to great things and it ran it's little course, so there's no need to revive it although I do think it's awesome. The closest you'll get to a reunion is watching Burning Love, which is hilarious.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
New Girl has been on fire since it started.

I doubt anything happens with Party Down, everybody's moved on to great things and it ran it's little course, so there's no need to revive it although I do think it's awesome. The closest you'll get to a reunion is watching Burning Love, which is hilarious.
New Girl has always been really good but I am finding it even better lately. Everyone is really good but Nick is easily my favorite.

Everyone from Arrested Development also moved on. From what I have read everyone involved with Party Down loved working on the show so I will hold out hope for some sort of revival. Fairly simple concept so I can't imagine coming up with something really funny would be TOO hard.

Checked out the first episode of Burning Love and it was really funny. I am all over the place as far as watching **** goes but I do intend to catch up at some point soon.

Watched the first episode of Justified. It was very good. Will be interesting to see how Goggins is worked into the rest of the series.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget that Happy Endings is on tonight with two new episodes.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished watching S4 of The Shield. It's pretty good.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Any Falling Skies fans still? It comes back in June.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Any Falling Skies fans still? It comes back in June.
Dunno why I watch it but I do. They like to do one good episode and three bad. Probably a budget thing.

Kinda skeptical of what this new alien contact is going to be.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Just finished watching S4 of The Shield. It's pretty good.
The show completely changes now with Forest Whitaker's entrance into S5.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Dunno why I watch it but I do. They like to do one good episode and three bad. Probably a budget thing.

Kinda skeptical of what this new alien contact is going to be.
Kind of feel the same way as you, I guess. I enjoy watching it, but I don't think it's a good show. It is super entertaining though.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The show completely changes now with Forest Whitaker's entrance into S5.
Sucks Glenn Close was only in S4, i thought she did a hell of a job. I'll get to acquiring S5 pretty soon, hope it doesn't disappoint.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sucks Glenn Close was only in S4, i thought she did a hell of a job. I'll get to acquiring S5 pretty soon, hope it doesn't disappoint.
She was fine, although season 4 on the whole was probably the weakest season to me (Anthony Anderson was damn good, however). For the future, that season 5 finale...man.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I could have done without the whole Aceveda sucking dick situation. I thought they butchered his character too, flip flopped way too much without any development.

And is the finale man..(good) or man..(bad)?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I could have done without the whole Aceveda sucking dick situation. I thought they butchered his character too, flip flopped way too much without any development.

And is the finale man..(good) or man..(bad)?
That Acaveda thing does not go away, for what it's worth. And it's definitely a good man thing, it's the best episode of the series aside from the final two episodes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That Acaveda thing does not go away, for what it's worth. And it's definitely a good man thing, it's the best episode of the series aside from the final two episodes.
And those two final episodes are two of the finest of any show.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote