Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-31-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would still expect to see Upshaw play the large majority of his snaps at OLB. He's just too good at setting the edge to not use him there. I think Suggs is going to (or should) get some more snaps off this season too. Now that the Ravens have another pass-rusher that can get it done by himself (yeah I know Dumervil played with Miller in Denver but he was still productive before they drafted Von) they can afford to rest Suggs more. That can only be a good thing in my opinion.

I'm not sure what Upshaw brings to the table as an ILB though. Obviously he's probably going to still be a beast of a run defender there but Upshaw in't a guy that you want dropping into coverage and it's hard to tell if he's any better of a pass-rusher there. I think there's a good chance he can get to the QB easier at ILB than he can at OLB but that's mostly because of how ineffective he was at rushing the passer from the outside last season.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Upshaw at ILB similar to how Lorenzo Alexander was with the Skins. Complete run stopper, and if he catches pursuit from the backside will light up the ball carrier, but will struggle in open space and in coverage.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with that completely, but for Upshaw to play ILB that more than likely means Suggs and Dumervil are on the field at OLB/DE which would suggest that it's a passing down (at least the majority of the time). Given his strengths/weaknesses as a player Upshaw wouldn't be a good fit as an ILB on passing downs.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His versatility though is definitely a plus ala Adalius Thomas. I know it's been mocked so much it probably won't happen but Minter I feel is the perfect fit.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Thomas could line up in space and not be liability. I don't think you can say the same about Upshaw. Minter is a guy I like a lot for the Ravens too. I'm hoping they add a LB that's an asset on all three downs but I wouldn't be surprised to see them take another big/physical type of player. They've been comfortable playing two of those guys for the past few seasons (ever since Lewis lost his speed/range) and with the addition of Huff, a guy who can cover TEs, I'm not ruling any type of ILB out. Just as long as it's not Alec Ogletree or Nico Johnson I'll probably be happy with whoever they add.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the idea of bringing in crazy blitzes if Upshaw is at ILB. I know he lined up at DT sometimes on obvious passing downs. The problem is Peas is pretty bland. Not Greg Mattison bad, but ask madden isnt even that bland. I hope Peas can work something out. I assume we would make Upshaw lose some weight, when he does he will be able to be a bit quicker.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im shocked no one has brought up bringing in Kevin Walter as a FA for a short term deal. I believe some ppl have talked about bringing in a veteran WR a few pages back. Maybe the longer they stay on the market we can both get Dansby and Walter cheap, still have cap room for our draft picks. I know Biscotti talks about letting the young guys play but I dont like our #3 WR Doss having 7 career catches in 2 seasons.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Walter would be a pretty bleh addition in my opinion. There's a reason people have been saying for years that the Texans needed a legitimate threat across from Johnson.

I'd rather they just draft a receiver. Jones is a free agent after next season and as we've seen this offseason nobody is a sure thing to be back. Plus Jones isn't a starting quality receiver anyways.

Right now I think the Ravens have four main needs - ILB, S, WR, and LT. The draft is pretty deep at the first three positions I listed and Baltimore should be able to get a quality prospect at all off them in any of the first three rounds. Not so much for LT. I'm thinking that McKinnie is eventually brought back on a cheapish deal and they address the position next offseason (if they don't draft a developmental LT later on this year who might be ready to play next season). I don't want McKinnie back but the free agent market for LTs isn't good.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Christian Thompson suspended for the 1st 4 games of this upcoming season.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,5432063.story
Old 04-02-2013, 07:41 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those interested, Kevin Walther is now of the table, signed with The Titans: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...-chris-spencer
Old 04-03-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Ayanbadejo was cut. I guess the move doesn't surprise me too much. Harbaugh is really clearing the house on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
In fact there's a lot of older veterans that could be gone next season. I posted this on another forum but there's a real chance the seven oldest players on the team won't be back next season. Ray Lewis (37), Bobbie Williams (36), Matt Birk (36), Ed Reed (34), Ma'ake Kemoeatu (33), Bryant McKinnie (33), and Chris Johnson (33). You might be able to stretch that into the top ten guys with Anquan Boldin (32), Brendan Ayanbadejo (32), and Vonta Leach (31). I don't expect all of them to be gone but quite a few of them could be due to various reasons.
Six down. Johnson was re-signed and Leach hasn't been cut (yet) but if anything the Ravens are getting younger. I doubt Kemoeatu is re-signed since Canty and Spears have been added. McKinnie is a wildcard.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:52 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That list in inaccurate. Ayanbadejo is going to be 37 in September and he has declined. He missed some special teams tackles, especially in the Denver game. He isn't a significant contributor on defense so his roster spot might be better served developing a young LB who can play special teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yeah I noticed that the Ravens site was wrong about his age last night. I'm not sure if any of their other ages are wrong but that's where I was getting the info.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolando McClain was release today. Now is the time I wish we still had Ray and Ed in the locker room, not for their play, but for their leadership and ability to take someone like McClain under their wing and keep them in line.

What are yall's thoughts on bringing him in? I say, if we can get him on the cheap, go for it. Low risk, high reward but if he demands big money, forget it.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

What does he really bring to the team though? They already have 3 guys in McClain, McClellan, and Bynes who fit the MIKE role. If he comes cheaply it wouldn't hurt to bring him in to compete in training camp and go from there but at the same time I'm not hoping that the Ravens go after Rolando either.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I asked the Raiders fans here on the board. They said he got in the way most of the time and was pretty garbage. The idea seems good on paper but I think he's just turned out to be pretty crappy.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

We are moving Bryan Hall to ILB from DT. should be interesting.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
We are moving Bryan Hall to ILB from DT. should be interesting.
My exact words. He is listed at 284 so he will drop some weight to get into the 260s at least. I don't expect anything to really come of this but we have nothing at ILB right now so it's worth a shot. Well fill in with some draft picks and UDFAs. I hope he converts successfully though. A DT ILB would we awesome sounding.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Hall said he's lost 23 lbs. the past 3 weeks. I don't know what he started at but that seems like a good start.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-with-ravens/

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, and this guy doesn't have the health concerns of Jameel McClain, Karlos Dansby or Brian Urlacher and is much more talented than guys like McClellan and Bynes. Plus, he's still only 23 y/o. I know I'm probably alone on this, but I like this move (if they get it done that is) Low risk, high reward.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-with-ravens/

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, and this guy doesn't have the health concerns of Jameel McClain, Karlos Dansby or Brian Urlacher and is much more talented than guys like McClellan and Bynes. Plus, he's still only 23 y/o. I know I'm probably alone on this, but I like this move (if they get it done that is) Low risk, high reward.
Nope, Im right there with you. Assuming its a small, mainly performance based deal, I like it. If he doesn´t perform, cut him. If he makes even the smallest bit of trouble, cut him. Ravens got little to lose by giving him a shot.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

The thing with him is even if he was a saint he still cant cover. Will be interesting to see how he plays though. I do agree overal small risk high reward.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One way of looking at it is that we didn't overpay Ellerbe and are getting a guy with some potential. Falls right in line with the Reed/Huff and Kruger/Doom.

Although this was the first thing I thought of when I heard the rumors:

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 04-10-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

At the press conference yesterday they announced Pernell McPhee will get some time at Rush OLB. I personally think its wierd. I hope it isnt because weighing 280+ for the dline is bad on his knees. With Dumerville and Suggs IDK how we can work him in at OLB.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
At the press conference yesterday they announced Pernell McPhee will get some time at Rush OLB. I personally think its wierd. I hope it isnt because weighing 280+ for the dline is bad on his knees. With Dumerville and Suggs IDK how we can work him in at OLB.
He'll primarily be playing like Suggs, so basically in a 43 but standing up, facing inside lined up outside the tackles shoulder. So it's a 43 except for that Rush position and McPhee should do well there. He's a SDE more than he is a 5 tech or Outside 34 guy.
America is offline   Reply With Quote