Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great start, good middle, terrible, just brutal ending. Ruined the season finale. Where was the cliff hanger? Nice to see Anakin Skywalker start turning into Vader. I could almost hear the imperial march song in the back ground after he did what he did.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Andrea... :'(

Was Carl wrong to merc that kid in the head? No sir. Carl is his own man. That wasn't even his whole night.

Plus, drop the gun means drop the gun. Not hold it out and slowly lower it. It could have been a trick. Maybe he tries a fake out, or has another gun on him? King Carl doesn't know. All he sees is hesitation. Hershel needs to check himself. He's just mad at today's youths, and knows Beth's erotic future is with Generation Carl.
Love this. So true. Loved the episode. Lots of dead. No more andrea. So sad that Milton had to die with her. Starting to actually like Carl.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrea Is Dead! Let Us Rejoice!
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys just don't recognize greatness.

#teamandrea

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
You guys just don't recognize greatness.

#teamandrea
more like #teamandreaisnomore
Old 03-31-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a pretty weak finale. At least Andrea is dead.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** that ending

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I'm no longer upset by the underwhelming nature of TWD
Old 03-31-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess my bar is so low in that I actually liked that episode.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I normally finish a season expecting excitement for the next. Remember season 3? A high angle shot of the prison. Michonne with two walkers on a leash.

I'm just not excited for season 4.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I normally finish a season expecting excitement for the next. Remember season 3? A high angle shot of the prison. Michonne with two walkers on a leash.

I'm just not excited for season 4.
Yeah, they Better zoom through several months or a year of living with the old and young. Otherwise, it's going to be season 2 all over again.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The opening scene would have been awesome if they just left it at that and they both died. Making Andrea the main focus of the season is the downfall for me.

Good enough that ill keep watching, but I was definitely expecting way more than that from this one.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
The opening scene would have been awesome if they just left it at that and they both died. Making Andrea the main focus of the season is the downfall for me.

Good enough that ill keep watching, but I was definitely expecting way more than that from this one.
I agree. Everything that involved Andrea this season was filler. And there was a lot of Andrea. If they'd just left it at Milton on the floor and telling her the pliers were back there and nothing else until the last scene, it would have come off much better. It's essentially what they ended up doing anyway, but they had a bunch of ******** filler scenes. Glad she's finally dead.

Now they'll use Carol to ruin the show next season. I'm sure of it.

The Carl::Anakin analogy had me cracking up. So true.

The Governor just running away was horribly anti-climactic.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would agree that it was a very weak ending, but the overall episode was pretty good. Unfortunately, pretty good is never really what you want to hear for a season FINALE.

The battle scenes were weak. I think they could have really set the episode off once Governor went psycho and killing all of woodbury on the road except for his two henchman. The fact that they drive off and never seen again was very anticlimactic. Andrea being bitten and killing herself being the big ending ******* sucked honestly. They could have left a cliff hanger with the Governor pulling up to a new town of people or something.

Also - I'm with Carl on shooting the kid. He said drop the weapon and the Kid was getting closer to him and taking his sweet time lowering the weapon. Carl getting pissed that Rick brought back children and harmless people from woodbury was a little stupid though.

Overall pretty good episode - Weak Ending - Still excited for when Season 4 comes back in October.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decent episode but it seems to be lacking based on what I expected from last episode. I don't know how I feel about another full season of the Governor still being around. It could lead to something epic or it could be a few wasted episodes I'm not sure which yet.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me just get this straight...

They spend the whole season building towards the Governor's Group vs. Rick's Group in World War III at the prison.

They have a battle for about five minutes.

Governor retreats and wants to regroup.

His group says no so he kills all but two of them.

You expect the Governor to return to the prison and finish the job himself.

He drives away and we get a hamfisted Andrea death scene instead.

Congratulations, The Walking Dead you may be the highest rated show in the history of cable television but you know the first god damn thing about build & payoff, the most basic aspects of storytelling.

If you honestly think this is the best show on television, let alone the best show on AMC, you need to have your head examined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best show on television?? No, that would be dexter.

Best show on AMC?? No, that would be Breaking Bad.

But still a damn good show that was failed by its writers on the Season Finale? Yes.

Still love it and still excited for Season 4 when it comes.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-01-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Oh so we can have another season of building towards some big event and then eschewing it in the end? **** that noise.

This was the equivalent of Darth Vader running away after 30 seconds of fighting Luke in Empire. It's what the entire thing was building towards and they just decided to drop it. All that agonizingly boring Andrea filler for this showdown was pointless. Screw 'em.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my god, that was the worst season finale in the history of television. What a complete and utter letdown. Just a complete snowjob for no reason. The ending made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Nothing any of these characters do have any sort of intelligence behind it.

My god. And I thought s2 and the whole farm thing was bad. That was just an abortion of television.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Best show on television?? No, that would be Game of Thrones.

Best show on AMC?? No, that would be Breaking Bad.

But still a damn good show that was failed by its writers on the Season Finale? Yes.

Fixed it for you.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Alex pretty much nailed it. What a ******* joke of a season finale.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TWD has never been the best anything. It has never been the best show on TV.. hell, at its peak it was the third best show on its own network (behind Breaking Bad and Mad Men).. and they just completely **** the bed.

There is nothing to look forward to for next season, but it'll still have its hardcore defenders and it'll still be a ratings juggernaut.

All you have to do is throw zombies on the screen and barely flesh out any characters and you have yourself a hit!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Fixed it for you.
lol I'll have to give it a go eventually but at the moment it is Dexter for me.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-01-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Oh my god, that was the worst season finale in the history of television. What a complete and utter letdown. Just a complete snowjob for no reason. The ending made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Nothing any of these characters do have any sort of intelligence behind it.

My god. And I thought s2 and the whole farm thing was bad. That was just an abortion of television.

GOD BLESS YA MISTA VIDAE

Quote:
Old 04-01-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

They really needed to leave some kind of cliffhanger with the Governor. What they did with him driving off and that's it was the worst thing they could have done.

Sig by the King BK

Quote: