Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-15-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Losing Cherilus was somewhat irrelevant as they have Reiff at RT. Their line is pretty much set except for LT (Sims LG Raiola C Nagy RG Reiff RT). They also have Fox and Hilliard as backups and they think Fox has starter upside.
sounds like the plan is more like Reiff at RG, Nagy competing with Raiola and Fox/Hilliard fighting for RT. LT definitely a need.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Chiefs just signed Geoff Schwartz! Could this mean no Joeckel?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a little bit past the top 10, the Chargers everyone has takin Lane Johnson at 11, with their recent signings (Dunlap, Rinehart) it doesn't appear that they are gonna go pricey at a position they've traditionally always gone cheap. Dolphins dont' need WR anymore after Mike Wallace. CB at 12?

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Well the Chiefs just signed Geoff Schwartz! Could this mean no Joeckel?
I suspect Brandon Albert will get his tag rescinded after the Chiefs draft Joeckel. Andy has done it twice before (Corey Simon, Jeremiah Trotter).

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Jerm
Rookie

Jerm hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No point to tag Albert to just rescind it later on...they'll sign him to a long term deal.

I see it being Floyd, Jordan, or a trade down.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
I suspect Brandon Albert will get his tag rescinded after the Chiefs draft Joeckel. Andy has done it twice before (Corey Simon, Jeremiah Trotter).
I doubt that. At the very least, he has trade value.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns need

secondary help (badly need a starting CB and a FS), a franchise QB (don't seem sold on weeden being 29), a starting tight end, and another wide receiver. Another guard would be nice too, I think they might snag a starting OG in the middle rounds. So....:

-CB
-FS
-QB
-TE
-OG (not urgent)
-WR (not urgent)

Good job of shoring up that front seven by signing Kruger, Groves, and Bryant.

I'm wondering if they don't move for Mallett, that they might grab Smith at 6 (if they like him and he's there) or at least make other teams think they like him to make the pick more valuable. If they don't take a Smith at 6, I think they might/maybe should move up a spot or two and grab Milliner or even move down and grab Rhodes/Trufant b/c dammit do we need someone to start at CB (unless they sign someone good).

Last edited by keylime_5 : 03-15-2013 at 02:55 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Browns need

secondary help (badly need a starting CB and a FS), a franchise QB (don't seem sold on weeden being 29), a starting tight end, and another wide receiver. Another guard would be nice too, I think they might snag a starting OG in the middle rounds. So....:

-CB
-FS
-QB
-TE
-OG (not urgent)
-WR (not urgent)

Good job of shoring up that front seven by signing Kruger, Groves, and Bryant.

I'm wondering if they don't move for Mallett, that they might grab Smith at 6 (if they like him and he's there) or at least make other teams think they like him to make the pick more valuable. If they don't take a Smith at 6, I think they might/maybe should move up a spot or two and grab Milliner or even move down and grab Rhodes/Trufant b/c dammit do we need someone to start at CB (unless they sign someone good).
I am SO pissed about losing Bryant. He is so explosive.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am SO pissed about losing Bryant. He is so explosive.
Really? Even with the ridiculous money he got? Think he got overpaid
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Really? Even with the ridiculous money he got? Think he got overpaid
I am only referring to his play. Overpaid is irrelvant in FA. Teams overpay for players they want regularly. In our case, we couldn't spend that money on one player because we are trying to rebuild our team from the ground up. We actully got 4 players for the money he got including two defensive tackles in Pat Sims and Vance Walker. And with the addition of those two, DT becomes LESS likely as our pick, so these mock guys need to stop this Shariff Floyd nonsense.

By the way, the Raider have taken care of DT and LB in free agency. Also, no movement on the current QBs we have in Palmer and Pryor. You know what they haven't touched?? Defensive end. If we don't trade down, could my dream of Ansah flashing in a black jersey come true? Also, Ansha is scheme versatile and we will be running multiple fronts.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-19-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am only referring to his play. Overpaid is irrelvant in FA. Teams overpay for players they want regularly. In our case, we couldn't spend that money on one player because we are trying to rebuild our team from the ground up. We actully got 4 players for the money he got including two defensive tackles in Pat Sims and Vance Walker. And with the addition of those two, DT becomes LESS likely as our pick, so these mock guys need to stop this Shariff Floyd nonsense.
Overpaying is most certainly relevant! As a Jets fan do you think I'd be rooting for Revis to get traded if it weren't relevant? Sure Revis is the best corner in the league, but I don't want him for 16mil a year! How much players get paid is everything.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm excited about how stacked the Browns are at DT: Desmond Bryant, Phil Taylor, Ahtyba Rubin, Billy Winn, and John Hughes. Sheard/Kruger/Groves at OLB ain't bad either.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Yeah, I'm excited about how stacked the Browns are at DT: Desmond Bryant, Phil Taylor, Ahtyba Rubin, Billy Winn, and John Hughes. Sheard/Kruger/Groves at OLB ain't bad either.
I'm curious, because I see a lot of 4-3 teams converting to 3-4 schemes. Usually that process takes about 8-9 draft picks and cutting your 3 tech and 4-3 ends.

I read that they were planning on platooning Taylor with Rubin at the zero. And going to try to move Sheard to OLB. The former seems kind of silly to have your 3 tech play part time nose tackle at first round salary.

I'm also concerned that Sheard is going to have trouble making that change. He's a pretty cut 260, which is extremely heavy for an OLB. Most 4-3 DEs find the conversion difficult. Even here in Seattle, I don't see Bruce Irvin making that switch and he has ludicrous speed.

I'm just wondering if you'll be putting those pieces on the market soon to try and get draft picks to stock your scheme correctly.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Overpaying is most certainly relevant! As a Jets fan do you think I'd be rooting for Revis to get traded if it weren't relevant? Sure Revis is the best corner in the league, but I don't want him for 16mil a year! How much players get paid is everything.
I said in free agency. I.E to get a FA on your team. Teams overpay all the time. Philip Wheeler isn't worth what the Dolphins paid, but it's not a big deal.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk View Post
I'm curious, because I see a lot of 4-3 teams converting to 3-4 schemes. Usually that process takes about 8-9 draft picks and cutting your 3 tech and 4-3 ends.

I read that they were planning on platooning Taylor with Rubin at the zero. And going to try to move Sheard to OLB. The former seems kind of silly to have your 3 tech play part time nose tackle at first round salary.

I'm also concerned that Sheard is going to have trouble making that change. He's a pretty cut 260, which is extremely heavy for an OLB. Most 4-3 DEs find the conversion difficult. Even here in Seattle, I don't see Bruce Irvin making that switch and he has ludicrous speed.

I'm just wondering if you'll be putting those pieces on the market soon to try and get draft picks to stock your scheme correctly.
I tend to agree, I think a LOT of 3-4 falsely assume that players accustom to playing in a 4-3 can automatically make the shift. The truth is, there is less than a handful of 3-4 that are truly menecing. As far as big OLB, there have been a number of players that could do it. Shawn Merriroid, Willie McGinest, Brian Orakpo to name a few.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I tend to agree, I think a LOT of 3-4 falsely assume that players accustom to playing in a 4-3 can automatically make the shift.
Yeah, if I look at sites devoted to those teams, almost universally, they are extolling how every good player they have will be able to transition 'easily'. When in fact the process is fraught with failures more often than not. By a pretty wide margin.

Maybe these 4 teams all happen to have hybrid types that can do this seamlessly. I'm more inclined to think it's delusional optimism that fans are absolutely ripe with in the pre draft offseason period.

I'm thinking 4-3 teams might want to keep a close eye on players for these teams. Teams like New Orleans and Cleveland, who need picks and both are without 2nd round selections this year. Seems that the draft trade price should be pretty doable for mismatched talent on those rosters.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Well Rubin has played in a 3-4 before, and coming out of college most people thought Phil Taylor was better suited for a 3-4. He can play end or nose.

You may have a point on Sheard. He is less fluid than your ideal 3-4 rush linebacker, though he did get some talk about playing in a 3-4 coming out of college b/c at 6'2"/255 he is kinda undersized for a base 4-3 end, but he was excellent at that position his first two years in the league. I think Sheard will probably do fine in Ray Horton's hybrid 3-4 scheme which is more like what we see in Pittsburgh and Baltimore than what the Browns used to run or what the Parcells/Belichick 3-4 is - a pass rusher is a pass rusher....but the Browns might trade Sheard if they draft an OLB like Dion Jordan, Ziggy Ansah, or Jarvis Jones at #6 overall considering they just signed Kruger and Groves - and Sheard is a good young pass rusher so they probably would be able to fetch ~2nd round pick or so for him.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Default Cardinals say they have their QB.

Could be a smokescreen, but I don't know that it might not be true given Arians familiarity with Jeff Smoker I mean Drew Staton. If true, then scratch the Cards from the Needs a QB List. From Rotoworld:

According to the Associated Press, there's "no doubt" the Cardinals are leaning toward Drew Stanton as their starter.
On Wednesday, coach Bruce Arians insisted his team doesn't need to hunt for a quarterback. "We already found one," he said. Arians may be sending up a smokescreen, but his faith in Drew Stanton appears real. Stanton knows the system after spending last year as Andrew Luck's backup, has good arm strength and has gone 2-2 as an NFL starter. "I have all the confidence in the world with him being our starter," Arians said. Still, if Stanton is viewed as anything more than a bridge to the Cardinals' long-term solution at quarterback, it will be a mistake.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Haha, scratch QB from their needs list indeed. Yeah right, I fully expect them to take a guy like Gleenon or Manuel in round 2 (or late round 1 via trade up). They have a collection of scrubs is what they have.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Panthers, almost no chance we secondary early at this point. We've added no studs back there, but signing Florence, Munnerlyn, Moore and Mitchell seems to indicate that its not going to be a priority area in the draft.

At defensive tackle, we still need to resign Dwan Edwards. If we don't, we'll need just any sort of DT we can get, UT or NT.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Quote:
According to the Associated Press, there's "no doubt" the Cardinals are leaning toward Drew Stanton as their starter.
On Wednesday, coach Bruce Arians insisted his team doesn't need to hunt for a quarterback. "We already found one," he said. Arians may be sending up a smokescreen
Um, that might be the worst bluff in the history of bluffing.

Or the dumbest statement in the history of statement ... ing.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Um, that might be the worst bluff in the history of bluffing.

Or the dumbest statement in the history of statement ... ing.
Looks like we have another change, possibly two. The Raiders just got Matt Flynn and Carlson Palmer is reportedly on his way to the Cardinals. I'm working on my first single, "The Quitter Went Down To 'Zona". This could have implications for Geno Smith if he isn't take by the Jags.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Was actually a fan of Flynn. I liked what little we saw of him. Accurate, smart and decisive. Didn't seem to really fall apart when pressure came. Has a very short memory and moves on from one play to the next.

I'm glad he's going to get his shot to make his mark. I felt he'd certainly put in his dues. I never felt like it reflected poorly on him to lose out to Wilson.

The fact was, I thought Wilson was going to be the starter after the rookie minicamp based on how Carroll could barely contain his man love for him. That was before he even got a glimpse of Flynn. Carroll's other 2 QB competitions he held at USC resulted in the raw but gifted understudy winning the starting gig over experienced veterans (Leinart/Barkley). In my mind, the decision was made in May before the veterans even reported.

Should be a very solid pickup for Oakland. With no immediate draft cost involved apparently.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Was actually a fan of Flynn. I liked what little we saw of him. Accurate, smart and decisive. Didn't seem to really fall apart when pressure came. Has a very short memory and moves on from one play to the next.

I'm glad he's going to get his shot to make his mark. I felt he'd certainly put in his dues. I never felt like it reflected poorly on him to lose out to Wilson.

The fact was, I thought Wilson was going to be the starter after the rookie minicamp based on how Carroll could barely contain his man love for him. That was before he even got a glimpse of Flynn. Carroll's other 2 QB competitions he held at USC resulted in the raw but gifted understudy winning the starting gig over experienced veterans (Leinart/Barkley). In my mind, the decision was made in May before the veterans even reported.

Should be a very solid pickup for Oakland. With no immediate draft cost involved apparently.
Word is a late round pick next year conditional late rounder in 2015. No draft choices from our depleted 2013 picks. We can easily make up those picks as well:

- We will have several comp picks next year
- We are due to get something from Palmer in a trade
- We can still trade down this year and pick up picks

This was brilliant GMing.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Looks like we have another change, possibly two. The Raiders just got Matt Flynn and Carlson Palmer is reportedly on his way to the Cardinals. I'm working on my first single, "The Quitter Went Down To 'Zona". This could have implications for Geno Smith if he isn't take by the Jags.
it could/should. I think it opens the Raiders options up more (they feel less pressured to take a QB anyways). The Cardinals I think were planning on taking a QB in round 2 all along, so this trade just makes it even more sure that will be the case and probably has little to no impact on what they were gonna do in round one. The Flynn deal makes it harder to predict which direction Oakland will go.