Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-01-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You just answered your own question. TV money trumps everything.
Descendency is a very linear and concrete thinker. You have to smack him the face with facts for them to sink in.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Descendency is a very linear and concrete thinker. You have to smack him the face with facts for them to sink in.
I think the problem there was it was too obvious. The one good thing about Maryland is that they are a big school near major TV markets that doesn't have a terrible reputation.

Imagine how many people are begging for that around NYC.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enfield to USC

Tubby to Texas Tech.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-01-2013 at 10:37 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand the reasoning, but for some reason I'm kinda disappointed that Enfield jumped ship like that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I understand the reasoning, but for some reason I'm kinda disappointed that Enfield jumped ship like that.
Deep down - Can you really build a program at FGCU or was this just a very special group of players?

I'm thinking the latter.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit I really liked FGCU. Why'd he have to go to $C :(
Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I think the problem there was it was too obvious. The one good thing about Maryland is that they are a big school near major TV markets that doesn't have a terrible reputation.

Imagine how many people are begging for that around NYC.
Rutgers baby.

I wasn't trying to insult you, btw. You just come across as very concrete. I'm way too abstract for my own good.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Deep down - Can you really build a program at FGCU or was this just a very special group of players?

I'm thinking the latter.
He probably couldn't have built a sustainably relevant rogram there. But I'm going to choose to be naive and idealistic on this one, the story was too good.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
He probably couldn't have built a sustainably relevant rogram there. But I'm going to choose to be naive and idealistic on this one, the story was too good.
It's cool. It is acceptable to be na´ve in college sports.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-01-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was obvious that Enfield wouldn't stay at FGCU.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if his wife still has career aspirations. Like reality TV or some ****. Because USC certainly makes sense there.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She's probably gonna get a call from 'Basketball Wives'
Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh, if Enfield took this job a month from now I doubt anyone would bat an eye. the buzz around him as a coach will never be greater and it will only diminish if he stays at FGCU - regardless of his ability as a coach - for reasons stated above
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to ESPN:

Quote:
Enfield was earning $157,000 a year at Florida Gulf Coast, but according to a source with direct knowledge, the USC deal will pay him "well over $1 million a year."
I'm sure we all knew this was coming, but there it is. His paycheck just got multiplied by 10. I wonder how many people get that opportunity and turn it down?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Gordon to Arizona.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Aaron Gordon to Arizona.
Not surprising. Impressive job by Miller selling him on the ability to play SF there (although apparently that's what Gordon thinks his ultimate position is). We'll see how it goes, seems like he's better suited to play PF long-term to me. Arizona's going to have a ton of size next year.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Aaron Gordon to Arizona.
Where are the minutes?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Where are the minutes?
He's going to play the 3.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
He's going to play the 3.
You can't be serious? That's a disaster in the making.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on the top teams for the upcoming season?

Duke will be losing alot, along with Kansas...

UNC will be losing at least 1 of those 3 guys to the nba maybe all 3, my guess is 2 stay. Decent class coming in, we will have alot more size this year hopefully to balance things out. Kentucky will be stacked obvs, Goodwin declares but Harrison can come in and start most likely or Young.

Indiana will be questionable depending on Zeller, Vonleh is going to start for sure. Michigan can be goo but they would need some people to stay, Burke should leave with the class he has surrounding him and then lastly Louisville can be good if Russ and Dieng stay.

Who else?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We lose our big 3 Seniors but gain Jabari Parker, Matt Jones & Semi Ojeleye plus Rodney Hood will be eligible and Andre Dawkins should be back on the team. That equates to preseason top 5.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 04-02-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Thoughts on the top teams for the upcoming season?

Duke will be losing alot, along with Kansas...

UNC will be losing at least 1 of those 3 guys to the nba maybe all 3, my guess is 2 stay. Decent class coming in, we will have alot more size this year hopefully to balance things out. Kentucky will be stacked obvs, Goodwin declares but Harrison can come in and start most likely or Young.

Indiana will be questionable depending on Zeller, Vonleh is going to start for sure. Michigan can be goo but they would need some people to stay, Burke should leave with the class he has surrounding him and then lastly Louisville can be good if Russ and Dieng stay.

Who else?
UNLV, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Marquette, Memphis, etc.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
UNLV, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Marquette, Memphis, etc.
Yeah, except no.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 04-02-2013 at 01:34 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JRT yeah forgot about Dawkins he needs to start probably with Cook or over Cook. I think our matchup will be more competetive this year ptg.

And PH none of those are legit.. come on bruuuuu.

Maybe Zona and Memphis could be good and deep if everybody stays.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

I honestly think Cook & Sheed will operate even better together next year. Dawkins & Jones will come off the bench and jack with those great releases that they have but the key is what kind of production we get out of MP3. UNC will be in the hunt if you guys land Wiggins. If he goes to UK we can all just skip next season lol.

Duke Blue Devils