Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
So you're saying Tom Brady's marriage to Gisele Bundchen should be totally secret?
Good point. I guess I am a douche. Carry on... I'll see myself out.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 04-01-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I thought you were just curious. So you've, like, taken it before?
Not exactly, more as I'm attracted to both so I won't deny it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-01-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
On a slightly off-topic note, I like how the forums bleep out *** like it's a vulgarity. Way to go, forums. I thought at first the OP had used a really offensive slang and I was on a warpath, then realized it was just weird forum censoring.
Right> LOL at the word *** being censored so that it doesn't even show up in the title.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
People talking about his on field performance are kinda missing the point.
He did suck THO.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I've admitted to going both ways before.
I'm on to you Snowflake. I'm on to you.

You're the Manti Teo of SWDC.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its like peeling an onion with you Brody. So many layers.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
On a slightly off-topic note, I like how the forums bleep out *** like it's a vulgarity. Way to go, forums. I thought at first the OP had used a really offensive slang and I was on a warpath, then realized it was just weird forum censoring.
I've seen other forums set it up to say something like "awesome" instead of ***, so the headline of this thread would be "Awesome ex-NFL player Kwame Harris comes out."

Last edited by WCH : 04-02-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm on to you Snowflake. I'm on to you.

You're the Manti Teo of SWDC.
He proclaims that he's straight, I do not.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He proclaims that he's straight, I do not.
Are you being serious?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I thought you were just curious. So you've, like, taken it before?

Way to come right out with a high hard one MetSox. (no pun intended)

The NFL really looks stupid with some of this stuff, all the way down to questioning some guy at the combine if he likes girls or not. I would have told him it's none of your ####ing busingess.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems pretty straightforward that Brodeur is being serious. Which is odd, because IIRC he thinks Alex Smith is more attractive than Brady Quinn. Which is ******* absurd, regardless of orientation.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I support you, Brodeur. <3

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-02-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Seems pretty straightforward that Brodeur is being serious. Which is odd, because IIRC he thinks Alex Smith is more attractive than Brady Quinn. Which is ******* absurd, regardless of orientation.
Quinn is a better and more handsome QB than Alex Smith. It's fact.

I bet there are plenty of cool players on teams right now and the players know who's who. As long as they don't make a big deal of it the other players won't either. It's like don't ask don't tell. As long as the media doesn't know, it won't be a big deal.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has John Amechi inspired *** NBA players to come out? Nope.

So like I said Kwame Harris acting like he wants to be a positive role model for others like him... that crap is a joke. You've got to have some kind of conceited ego about yourself to think you can be an example to the world. Gimme a break. Go accomplish something worthy of world wide attention. THEN you can be an example.

The only thing that he did was change his reputation... from the sucky NFL player to the sucky *** NFL player. Just like John Amechi went from the sucky NBA player to the sucky *** NBA player. Inspiring no one along the way.

These days what people decide to do is already accepted. Stop acting like it's a thing.

...and leave Brody alone. Metsox what you did is infraction worthy.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't give a crap about what players do off the field as long as it doesn't affect their performance. The modern day fascination with player's lives isn't for true fans.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Quinn is a better and more handsome QB than Alex Smith. It's fact.

I bet there are plenty of cool players on teams right now and the players know who's who. As long as they don't make a big deal of it the other players won't either. It's like don't ask don't tell. As long as the media doesn't know, it won't be a big deal.
I would take Smith over Quinn both on and off the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 04-02-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
pot, kettle... um. right.

if it's not a thing, stop talking about it. the fact that it seemingly ticks you off very much shows that it is a thing. which should tell you why no other players will dare come out, no matter how 'sucky' they might be.

further, simply knowing that there ARE *** football players, no matter how 'sucky' they might be, could very well be inspirational for *** folks young, or old. the fact that he fails to inspire you is demonstrative of absolutely nothing.

then again, i await, with baited breath, your entry to the hot chick thread to tell the dudes there to stop acting like their heterosexuality is a 'thing', and that they should stop shoving their sexuality in everyone's collective face.
Maybe I was unclear because you seem to be confused. I am not critical at him being ***. THAT is not the thing that I'm supposedly "ticked off" at. That IS NOT a thing. What I am critical of him at is him thinking that he's a role model. If he was Joe Montana and he came out, then yeah, I would totally think his demonstration was note worthy. But he's Kwame Harris who I barely ever remembered played the game. He's gonna inspire as many people as John Amechi did for the NBA.... no one.

I don't even know what you're talking about with the Hot chick thread. You can hold your baited breath as long as you want.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

You're missing the point D. Why should his performance matter?

Why does his performance have to result in whether he's a role model or not?

That shoudln't matter at all. The courage to "come out" can inspire people to do the same. Whether he's a good player or not, it doesn't matter. Bad players have the same feelings as good ones. It's irrelevant.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

That shoudln't matter at all. The courage to "come out" can inspire people to do the same. Whether he's a good player or not, it doesn't matter. Bad players have the same feelings as good ones. It's irrelevant.
Actually it does matter. It matters to the degree of the impact.

If a big name player does it, it means a heck of a lot more than if a no name player does it. The same goes in Hollywood. Big name Actor/Musician coming out makes a whole heck of a lot difference than Johnny No Name coming out.

I have a hard time believing some football kid in HS or some old guy who plays in a 35 year old or older league is gonna find the courage to come out now that Kwame Harris made his announcement.

His announcement is insignificant as hell and he's lucky we're even talking about. LOL.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

Basically this. He's not trying to become a role model in the sense of a guy that you can place as a barrier breaker, moreover being an ex-player who is willing to come out with his sexuality. I mean with guys like Kluwe, Ayanbadejo and so forth professing their support for *** marriage, maybe it will start something. Then again, Matt Birk is a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
...and leave Brody alone. Metsox what you did is infraction worthy.
Eh I don't care. If I cared, I wouldn't bring it up all the time.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
nor was i accusing you of being critical because he's ***. thus, the part of your post that i quoted. i'm sorry if *i* was unclear about what i was referring to, but i thought the bolding might help.

again, you're missing the point. the fact that he's not a star player is irrelevant. the fact that he wasn't a particularly good player is irrelevant. the fact that he was an nfl player in the recent past IS relevant. i have no idea how that's difficult to understand, or especially why it irks you.

of course you don't.
Oh yeah, my bad. I totally should have caught it after you called me a hypocrite right off the bat.

I could care less about the Hot Chick thread. Lock it if it's offensive to you.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It matters because it's better than nothing. Its something. It's at least a first step. You're not going to get a Joe Montana level player to come out before some lesser players do. Harris sucked as a player but him being *** and having even making it to the NFL could inspire others who are struggling.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Eh I don't care. If I cared, I wouldn't bring it up all the time.
That's more a credit to your own strength, but what he said was a douchey move that was meant to jab.

We can jab about public figures all we want, but we don't allow it to happen between forum members.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
It matters because it's better than nothing. Its something. It's at least a first step. You're not going to get a Joe Montana level player to come out before some lesser players do. Harris sucked as a player but him being *** and having even making it to the NFL could inspire others who are struggling.
How's that working for John Amechi?

I mean I get why people share your logic. I just disagree with the reality of the effect.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How's that working for John Amechi?

I mean I get why people share your logic. I just disagree with the reality of the effect.
Just because it hasn't caused people to come out doesn't mean it hasn't had a positive effect on *** athletes privately.
Closed Thread