Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Barry Alvarez, Ron Dayne, Montee Ball, and Joe Thomas.

Jim Leonard and Russell Wilson would be honorable mentions. Really tough leaving Leonard off the list since he was basically the symbol of the program for his 4 years as a walk-on who later earned his scholarship and played in every game from his true freshman year as a special teamer through his senior year. With Russell, I was surprised how much I considered him even though he was only with the program for one year. Just goes to show you how much he impacted the program in a short time.

Other people that crossed my mind were JJ Watt, Lee Evans, Jamar Fletcher, Anthony Davis, Brooks Bollinger, Erasmus James, and John Stocco.

I feel like I'm forgetting people, but that's what I come up with without researching.
Chris Chambers deserves an honorable mention and of course the almighty Jim Sorgi.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Nick Saban
Mark Ingram
Shaun Alexander
Julio Jones

Just miss - John Copeland, Eric Curry, Antonio Langham, George Teague, DeMeco Ryans, Chris Samuels, Barrett Jones, David "Deuce" Palmer, A.J. McCarron.
What about Bear?

Derrick Thomas?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Chris Chambers deserves an honorable mention and of course the almighty Jim Sorgi.
Ah! Chambers. Yes, I forgot about him. He should definitely be considered as one of the the secondary honorable mentions I listed.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
What about Bear?

Derrick Thomas?

Bear retired in '82, Derrick's last year was '88. Cornelius Bennett's last year was '86.

Although Trent Richardson could feasibly make the near miss list also.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Bear retired in '82, Derrick's last year was '88. Cornelius Bennett's last year was '86.

Although Trent Richardson could feasibly make the near miss list also.
Houndstooth is still everywhere and is synonomous with the Tide. Bear=Bama. I guess you could leave out Thomas but he still holds the singles season sack (27!!) record and I don't see anyone breaking it anytime soon, if it is anyone it could be Clowney this year but that record looks damn near untouchable.

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Houndstooth is still everywhere and is synonomous with the Tide. Bear=Bama. I guess you could leave out Thomas but he still holds the singles season sack (27!!) record and I don't see anyone breaking it anytime soon, if it is anyone it could be Clowney this year but that record looks damn near untouchable.

Yes I understand all that, trust me. However, the OP only wanted to date back to 1990.

If we were doing an all time Mt. Rushmore, it would be Bear... and then it gets crowded (Derrick Thomas, John Hannah, Dwight Stephenson, Don Hutson, Joe Namath, Kenny Stabler, Bart Starr, Lee Roy Jordan, Dixie Howell, Ozzie Newsome, Nick Saban, etc.)

It would take a while to narrow 3 more faces.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC-

Matt Leinart,Carson Palmer,Keyshawn Johnson,Troy Polamalu

All Time-

Anthony Munoz,Marcus Allen,Mike Garrett,Ronnie Lott

Last edited by Punisher : 04-02-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Yeah. The title says "since 1990."

None of my nominees would be included if this was a comprehensive list.
Nevermind, ignore me, I thought it said 1980.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course a Miami fan is gonna say "since 1990." I'm gonna break the rules and go all time.

Woody Hayes
Archie Griffin
Chic Harley
Jack Tatum

Could go a lot of directions here. Paul Brown, Chris Spielman, Orlando Pace, John Hicks, Howard Cassady. I think the toss up is between Tatum and Spielman or anyone else. Woody, Archie, and Harley are the three obvious.

And if I had to do one since 1990: Tressel, Troy Smith, Eddie George, Orlando Pace. Pretty easy.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Saw this topic on another site's forum and thought it might lead to some interesting debate here. Wanted to keep the players somewhat relative to what we've known in recent time.

For Miami, I'd have to say Ray Lewis, Ken Dorsey, Butch Davis and Edgerrin James.

Thoughts?
Over Jimmy Johnson or Howard Schellenberger?
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charlie Ward
Chris Weinke
Bobby Bowden
Derrick Brooks
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Over Jimmy Johnson or Howard Schellenberger?
Bro, do you even read

Old 04-02-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
For UCLA I'd probably go:

Jonathan Ogden, Cade McNown, Maurice Drew, and I'll go with Carnell Lake.

Was a tough debate for that 4th spot between guys like Lake, DeShaun Foster, J.J. Stokes, and Marcedes Lewis, but I felt like getting a defensive guy in there. Also Troy Aikman would obviously be on there, but he just barely missed the time period cut off.
Carnell Lake was drafted in 1989 so he misses the cut off, also.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Charlie Ward
Chris Weinke
Bobby Bowden
Derrick Brooks
Not having Peter Warrick is a travesty.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Since 1990. Oh. Reading comprehension is my friend. Carry on.

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-02-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My all-time would be...

Pop Warner | Dan Marino | Tony Dorsett | Mike Ditka
Old 04-02-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Not having Peter Warrick is a travesty.
No the travesty was him getting suspended his senior year and getting a teammate kicked off the team. He has no business there over 2 Heisman winners, the winningest Coach in FBS history, or one of the premier ambassadors the school could ask for. The real hard part was not putting Warrick Dunn on there over Derrick Brooks.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No the travesty was him getting suspended his senior year and getting a teammate kicked off the team. He has no business there over 2 Heisman winners, the winningest Coach in FBS history, or one of the premier ambassadors the school could ask for. The real hard part was not putting Warrick Dunn on there over Derrick Brooks.
First of all - Coles was on his last strike before getting kicked off. It was very stupid of Warrick, no doubt about it, but it was his first time of any legal problems and didn't do anything since. Coles chose to be there with him, can't blame Warrick.

Second - He would have undoubtedly been the Heisman winner that season if he had not been suspended. There is not one person that denies, FSU fan or not.

Third - He came back from his suspension, and was the reason we won that Nat'l Championship in 1999 over Vtech.

Best playmaker on FSU since Deion Sanders.

So Agree to Disagree. Travesty.

P.S. - I went with Dunn over Brooks. Very hard decision as you noted.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Mizzou...

Brad Smith, Chase Daniel, Jeremy Maclin, Aldon Smith

HM: Justin Smith, William Moore
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Notre Dame

Lou Holtz, Raghib Ismail, Tony Rice, Chris Zorich

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Bro, do you even read

Not shocking it's a Noles fan that can't read. Way to represent here.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Decker, Marion Barber, Laurence Maroney, and Tyrone Carter

HM to Ben Hamilton and Greg Eslinger.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Eric Decker, Marion Barber, Laurence Maroney, and Tyrone Carter

HM to Ben Hamilton and Greg Eslinger.
I remember Eslinger, one of my favorite OL prospects that year. Whatever happened to the guy?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure he bounced between a few NFL teams but never stuck with anyone or got any playing time. Dude was a beast in college though.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
Notre Dame

Lou Holtz, Raghib Ismail, Tony Rice, Chris Zorich
all of them are at least somewhat pre 1990 so im gonna do four guys who are true post 1990 guys

Michael Floyd
Brady Quinn
Ricky Mirer
Bryant Young

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote