Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Over/under on how many complete games Harvin plays in 2013; 10.5.
Based on his GP history there is a ton of value in the over with that line.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
You all told me Revis wasn't happening. I thought JH was lurking all along. I was probably wrong.

GOOD.

Now that that's out of the way... I can't wait to see what FS y'all bring in.

Tate and Rice were pretty freaking good last year.

I think you all are underrating the existence of a certain player that WILL 100% make every single player around him better and started last year (Tate was worthless prior to Him).

Oh and Percy Harvin.

49ers fans, I like the trash talk. But you CANNOT be as confident in your defense as you were a year ago. You just can't.
nobody is overrating our defense, i just think you're overrating your offense.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

During the second half of the season our offense was an undeniable machine. At full strength, it can do anything. It has one weakness, at RT, and he actually can be a force in run blocking when he's not getting personal fouls.

My only concern is health, as it is for most teams.

Lynch did slow down a little (no one noticed it though) but the way Turbin played... ...I loved his development - they even threw the ball to him a bunch (remember that play in the ATL game).
Old 04-02-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
During the second half of the season our offense was an undeniable machine.
My god an undeniable machine? Thank god we conspired to use the schedule to take them down or else they would have been the champs.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You all told me Revis wasn't happening. I thought JH was lurking all along. I was probably wrong.

GOOD.

Now that that's out of the way... I can't wait to see what FS y'all bring in.

Tate and Rice were pretty freaking good last year.

I think you all are underrating the existence of a certain player that WILL 100% make every single player around him better and started last year (Tate was worthless prior to Him).

Oh and Percy Harvin.

49ers fans, I like the trash talk. But you CANNOT be as confident in your defense as you were a year ago. You just can't.
Of course I can. Because Baalke will use the draft add horses upfront and on the edge. That's the key. People wan to cling to the NFCCG and the SB as some microcosm of our secondary play as a whole. I will repeat this again for those who conveniently want to ignore the raw numbers, we finished 4th in the league versus the pass. 1st in yards per pass attempt. We had two CBs in Brown and Culliver finish in the top 20 of CBs according to PFF. The secondary was outstanding last year for the majority.

I understand what happened towards the end of the year....the front four got gassed, the pass rushed was non-existent, the secondary suffered because of it. What the NFCCG and the SB taught Baalke was you cant rely on only 4 players for your pass-rush, then have those four play 85-90% of the snaps ALL YEAR and not expect them to not wear down. And he will use the draft to address depth in that area. Haralson will be back at full strength, which adds another great rotational pass-rusher to the mix...he was sorely missed last year.

A guy like Aso brings competition and depth. He doesn't necessarily make us better but he makes us deeper. And none of his deal is guaranteed, which means if we haven't seen enough to warranted a roster spot, he will be cut with zero cap hit. Sure we need a FS but September is so far off, alot things can happen until then. Talk of our defensive demise is very premature, I think.

As far as Rice, he caught 50 balls out of 80 targets last year. And didnt have a single game over 100 yards receiving. Of course you can attribute some of those numbers from playing with a rookie QB, but no way that's 'pretty freaking good'. To each his own I guess....

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-02-2013 at 06:34 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I mean you could look at Rice's stats (especially 100 yard games like that's a great measure of anything) in a run-first offense that wasn't opened up at all until the OC trusted the ROOKIE quarterback...

...and judge his season on that.

Or if you look at it in context and add that he:

avg 15.0 ypr.

Caught game-winning TDs against NE and @CHI.

and had 7 TDs on a run-first team that didn't open it up until later in the season.

annnnnnnnnnnnd the team didn't have to throw much in the end because of all the blowouts...

Rice had a good season in context. Fantasy wise, not so much. But his impact was felt and he was productive with 7 TDs including two that won games...
Old 04-02-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

As for the 49ers pass D... I know you had great season-ending stats. That's fine.

But without a 100% Justin Smith, the pass defense WAS NOT THE SAME. So you can't just judge it completely on the playoffs, but you can't just judge completely on BEFORE the playoffs either.

Plus that was WITH Goldson.

I also think it's relevant that we both played a pretty easy pass defense schedule... 2x against Rams and Cards, Jets, Bills, Phins, and even Bears and Lions aren't bad for your stats...

I don't think our pass D is nearly as good as it's made out to be. But yours is worse...
Old 04-02-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...return-to-nfl/

Quote:
Well, here’s a development that likely won’t be sent via email by the lawyers representing the former players who are suing the NFL for concussions.

According to Nathan Fenno of the Washington Times, Pat White had joined the concussion lawsuit when he was a former player. Now that he’s reportedly poised to become a current player again with the Redskins, he is dropping his claim.

During his one season in the NFL, White apparently suffered only one concussion, in a game against the Steelers. A hit from cornerback Ike Taylor knocked White out, and resulted in him being removed from the field immobilized on a stretcher.

His lawsuit had alleged, per Fenno, that he “continues to suffer from permanent injuries [including] severe headaches, speech issues, memory loss.” If that’s true, then how will he pass a physical?

If that’s not true, it makes us wonder how many of the other allegations made by the former players suing the NFL concussions aren’t true, either.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for the 49ers pass D... I know you had great season-ending stats. That's fine.

But without a 100% Justin Smith, the pass defense WAS NOT THE SAME. So you can't just judge it completely on the playoffs, but you can't just judge completely on BEFORE the playoffs either.

Plus that was WITH Goldson.

I also think it's relevant that we both played a pretty easy pass defense schedule... 2x against Rams and Cards, Jets, Bills, Phins, and even Bears and Lions aren't bad for your stats...

I don't think our pass D is nearly as good as it's made out to be. But yours is worse...
I think both teams better not focus too much on each other and ignore the Rams, who should be much stronger after the draft.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think both teams better not focus too much on each other and ignore the Rams, who should be much stronger after the draft.
If the Rams were in the AFC they would've made the playoffs last year.

Their roster is very good and will be better once they add Lacy.

I don't think they can be week-to-week consistent to battle for the division title and I doubt they can beat us at home, but I do agree both teams should be wary of them.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat White ***** up again. lol

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wondering how long till Kirk Cousins is traded for a draft pick now.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
very interesting case here. If I'm the NFL, I would go out of my way to make sure Pat White doesn't play in the NFL again. I mean, if his damages from his concussion were so serious that he was in a lawsuit against the league he has no business playing football again.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I wondering how long till Kirk Cousins is traded for a draft pick now.
Probably to the Chiefs in a couple years.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Probably to the Chiefs in a couple years.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But our front 7 is better so I can live with that....
Old 04-02-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Probably. I think our defense is better overall though.

Unless you can convince me that J. Smith will revert back to his pre-injury form at age 32.

I'm really interested to see what they do at FS. If Dahl or Spillman is going to start or if they'll add someone.

Because if they add a guy like Cyprien... who i like a lot... that's real interesting because he didn't play much single high - he was an in the box weapon against the run and m2m.

In fact a lot of the S prospects are much better suited as SS and we know Whitner has that locked down.

Even Vaccaro, who they'd have to trade up for, wouldn't be a sure thing as a FS.

So I think it's conceivable that P. Thomas, Swearinger, or Baccari Rambo are starting at FS in Week 1 when we play you on National TV. Those guys could be good but that's still something I'd rather see than Goldson.

Gonna be interesting.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle has the best defense in the league.

I love their defense. All of it. Could use a pass rusher and a 3 tech who can rush, but nobody is perfect.

I love that defense. It's stacked.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Seattle has the best defense in the league.

I love their defense. All of it. Could use a pass rusher and a 3 tech who can rush, but nobody is perfect.

I love that defense. It's stacked.
PR: Cliff Avril
3tech: Michael Bennett

Literally what they did this offseason.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

None of those guys you mentioned outside of Vaccaro and maybe Rambo are cover safeties. It will be a surprise though....that's the way Baalke likes it. And may not necessarily be just one pick we use to address the position.

And correction from a earlier post, Brown was the only one of our CBs in the top 20 according to PFF. Apparently they adjusted the rankings after the regular season to reflect the post-season numbers and Cully fell to 29th.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
PR: Cliff Avril
3tech: Michael Bennett

Literally what they did this offseason.
Bennett IS NOT a 3-Tech though....far from in my estimation. I think you will address that role via the draft maybe but I don't see him as the answer there.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Rams were in the AFC they would've made the playoffs last year.

Their roster is very good and will be better once they add Lacy.
I don't think they can be week-to-week consistent to battle for the division title and I doubt they can beat us at home, but I do agree both teams should be wary of them.
Please Lord, please...I beg you...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I would way rather go with Lattimore/Bell/Michael in the middle rounds.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Bennett IS NOT a 3-Tech though....far from in my estimation. I think you will address that role via the draft maybe but I don't see him as the answer there.
I can't seem to find it but they announced that he'd be playing 3tech.

At the very least on passing downs. He's had plenty of experience rushing from the inside throughout his career.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I can't seem to find it but they announced that he'd be playing 3tech.

At the very least on passing downs. He's had plenty of experience rushing from the inside throughout his career.
Yeah but he was a afterthought inside though. Wasn't until they moved him outside exclusively that he started making noise. But PC's front is unorthodox so I guess its possible.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks defense is good but you're underestimating the 49ers defense based on the playoffs. If Justin Smith never got injured, none of us would even be having this conversation. Haralson being out for the entire season didnt help matters either.

And week 1 on National TV? Correct me if im wrong but I dont remember seeing the schedule being released. Of course, I would love to see my 49ers go to SEA in week 1. Get that damn game out of the way.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote