Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meyers Leonard will be/is decent on offense.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I wasn't a big Meyers Leonard fan coming out, but I'd take him over Steven Adams in a heartbeat.
Who do you want for the Wolves this year?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Who do you want for the Wolves this year?
He wants Oladipo, I am speaking for him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He wants Oladipo, I am speaking for him.
And who does Detroit want?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And who does Detroit want?
I want Oladipo, Burke or Noel. I want no part of Marcus Smart or Shabazz.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Noel becomes Larry Sanders, how high of a pick is he worth in this draft?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Oladipo, but I also don't think it's out of the question that he ends up like Corey Brewer with his lack of ball handling so that scares me a little.

Other than him I like Mclemore, Shabazz, and Glenn Robinson III although I think he probably stays in school. I wouldn't hate taking Otto Porter but I think his upside is kinda limited.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I want Oladipo, Burke or Noel. I want no part of Marcus Smart or Shabazz.
Burke to the Magic for me.

I love Bennett but Magic don't have a spot for him.

Everyone else scares me.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
If Noel becomes Larry Sanders, how high of a pick is he worth in this draft?
Very high, and I think he's more of a Ben Wallace type than Larry Sanders. Noel/Dre in the post for the next several years on defense would be pure domination, and I want it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Don't think I see the Derozan comparison to be honest. I'd say Shabazz is a lot better spot up shooter than Demar coming out (Shabazz is very good in this regard), but Demar has more of a mid range game and is a better shooter off the dribble. Shabazz doesn't have much of a mid range game. If he's dribbling, he's trying to get to the basket. Demar is also probably a better athlete, although Shabazz is no slouch. Shabazz is a bull though. He's way stronger than Derozan.

My main concern for Shabazz is that he isn't a creative scorer or facilitator in the half court. He's very good in transition and shooting in spot up situations as well as off screens. Outside of that he pretty solely relies on his ability to overpower and out jump his competition. When he drives he pretty much just tries to go through his opponents. He also gets quite a few points on putbacks.

One thing I will give him, the guy is relentless, plays really ******* hard, and has a great work ethic. At times that ferociousness works against him and he will bark at his teammates if he doesn't get the ball when he feels like he should.

To be honest, his game just lacks a lot of polish, which is actually pretty understandable when you remember that he's a freshman. The tools are all there. Good athlete, great strength, good shooter, strong in transition, and the tenacity and work ethic to really improve his game. He's not quite the elite prospect that he was made out to be coming out of school, but he's still a good player and should continue to improve.

Whats your opinion on Shabazz character? He may very well be at Washingtons pick depending on how the lottery works out. A guy who is a good spot up shooter and runs in transition is perfect for Wall. But do you think he could handle being the #2 or maybe even #3 option?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very high, and I think he's more of a Ben Wallace type than Larry Sanders. Noel/Dre in the post for the next several years on defense would be pure domination, and I want it.
Planning on winning a lot of game 65-64?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Planning on winning a lot of game 65-64?
Yes, yes I am. Ugly games are the goddamn best.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really like Burke, but that's pretty bold to take him that high. Love the confidence. I couldn't take him at 6.
Change of heart?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noel is a mess offensively.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oladipo is very talented and has made major improvements in his college career, but he is still pretty raw in some areas.

- He is good at creating his own shot, but won't create much for teammates.

- If he is squaring up to drive to the basket, you can feel safe collapsing on him, as he'll never pass to the perimeter. He just lowers his head and drives forward.

- His 3pt jumper has certainly improved significantly, but he is still pretty streaky.

- His movement without the ball is kinda 'meh' right now also. Most of his points come when he creates for himself.

- On D, he gambles going for steals way too much, losing his assignments at times.

- He is also no stranger to bad, unnecessary fouls. But that's a product of his aggressive game.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Change of heart?
If the Kings don't get Trey Burke, they might as well quit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Kings don't get Trey Burke, they might as well quit.
If you could, please ask Stern to stop reaming us in the ass in the lottery, and we might get him.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Change of heart?
I was always a fan but I didn't recognize his proper draft value. Even now you would find people who would think 6 is too high for Burke, but I have definitely had a change of heart. Even if the Magic had the #1 overall pick I would want them to take Burke. Everyone has warts in this draft class, but Burke's are much smaller than everyone else's imo.

Ideally you want to get him in a trade down, but I don't really remember seeing trade downs in the NBA happen like they do in the NFL.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Noel is a mess offensively.
That's fine; I feel it's rare that 19 year old freakishly athletic bigs aren't raw offensively. I'm not not drafting him for the player he'll be in 2013 I'm drafting him for what he can be a few years from now: a potential perennial all-star rim protector with hopefully competent offense.

He was on pace for a Davis-esque defensive season, and his value became even more clear when Kentucky folded like a lawn chair.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Whats your opinion on Shabazz character? He may very well be at Washingtons pick depending on how the lottery works out. A guy who is a good spot up shooter and runs in transition is perfect for Wall. But do you think he could handle being the #2 or maybe even #3 option?
That's definitely a valid question on him and something that will be hard to know until he is actually in the league. At UCLA he was still the #1 guy and had moments of visible frustration when he wasn't getting his normal looks. Part of that is attitude and part of it is his ferocity, which are probably pretty closely related. It's hard to judge him based on this year in that regard because he was surrounded largely by players his age and he was kind of given that top scoring role by default. It will certainly be a different situation in the NBA when he clearly won't be the #1 guy right off the bat and will also be around veteran guys who won't put up with ****. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts.

But like I said in my previous post on him, he is a really hard worker and he shows a lot of effort on the court. That should gain him some respect with his teammates. His game is pretty limited/raw right now in the half court, but he is an extremely determined scorer so that should serve him well. He also really needs to improve defensively. As you can tell I'm pretty up and down on him as a prospect.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
That's fine; I feel it's rare that 19 year old freakishly athletic bigs aren't raw offensively. I'm not not drafting him for the player he'll be in 2013 I'm drafting him for what he can be a few years from now: a potential perennial all-star rim protector with hopefully competent offense.

He was on pace for a Davis-esque defensive season, and his value became even more clear when Kentucky folded like a lawn chair.
Lamarcus Aldridge was an offensive stud coming out. :D
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was always a fan but I didn't recognize his proper draft value. Even now you would find people who would think 6 is too high for Burke, but I have definitely had a change of heart. Even if the Magic had the #1 overall pick I would want them to take Burke. Everyone has warts in this draft class, but Burke's are much smaller than everyone else's imo.

Ideally you want to get him in a trade down, but I don't really remember seeing trade downs in the NBA happen like they do in the NFL.
I have had the same opinion shift on Burke that D Unit does. I used to think he was an NBA starter but no star potential. This tournament has changed my mind. If I needed his skillset I'd take him and think that I'd have a starter and a decent chance of him being an all star.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Bulls it really will depend on who they resign and how the organization views a couple players.

A couple questions need to be answered:
Is Jimmy Butler a 2 or a 3? Is he starter material at whatever position they decide for him?

Can Malcolm Thomas be a rotational big man or do they need to keep looking?

Can Marquis Teague become a solid backup PG or is he just all potential?

My personal view: Jimmy is a starting caliber two and the team should try to bring back Marco Belinelli, Nate Robinson, and Nazr Mohammad. This would leave the team needing a backup 3. A high potential option would be Giannis Adetekoubo. More will be known about him the closer the draft gets, but the Bulls could use a high talent guy like him and grab a guy like Rodney Williams in the second for an immediate body. Or a guy like Tony Mitchell. Another option would be Doug McDermott, but I dont think Thibs would like him since he is not good defensively.

Another option would be to deal for a guy like Chris Singleton from Washington. He is not receiving a lot of time there.

Oh and I expect Thibs to bring Aaron Craft from OSU onto the summer league team.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3

Last edited by Bearsfan123 : 04-03-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Why should they try to bring back Bellinelli?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-03-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why should they try to bring back Bellinelli?
His shooting and handling abilities. He's a terrible defender, but he has solid offensive abilities.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote