..... and here's why. These are the facts:
- Revis is a free agent in 2014, and can't be franchised per a current contract agreement
- Jets' owner Woody Johnson wants Revis gone
- Jets' GM John Idzik knows he can't let a commodity like Revis get away without some return for the Jets
I believe, given Revis' very fragile mental state about his contracts, that most..... if not ALL..... teams in the NFL, want to stay away from Revis like a milkshake with AIDS. So..... how do you.....as a GM trying to trade a player like this...... drum up some interest? Well kids, you turn to an old friend and ask for help.
Insert: Mark Dominik. More facts, please!
- Jets' GM John Idzik served in the Bucs personnel department in various capacities for over 10 years, from 1991 to 2001
- Current Bucs' GM Mark Dominik was brought on by the Bucs in 1995 as a personnel assistant; the same position Idzik held at the time
- Their offices were next to each others for 2 years at One Buc Place; and down the hall for 6 years
Start doing the math, and realize that the Bucs don't operate publicly.... ever..... and it equals Revis is not going to be a Buc. It was a ruse from the start.
Bottom Line: Idzik likely asked Dominik, his good friend, for a favor to "negotiate" a trade for Revis, hoping to drum up some other teams' anxiety of losing Revis to swoop in and "steal him" from the Bucs grasp. And so far, it's backfired. Hence, the "trade has 'stalled' stories". False!
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!