Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to get back to the DYNASTY talk we heard thru most of 2011
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I just want to get back to the DYNASTY talk we heard thru most of 2011
Feels like we're a far cry from that just two years later.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...tthews-sources

we're close with clay

Old 04-03-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Feels like we're a far cry from that just two years later.
True.
But do you still have total confidence in our offense? I do, regardless of who we add at RB.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Since entering the NFL in 2009, Clay Matthews is the only linebacker with 40 sacks, 20 stuffs and 20 passes defensed. He was the top-ranked 3-4 outside linebacker in the league last season in ProFootballFocus.com's ratings.

PlayerTeamRating
Clay Matthews Packers 15.1
Aldon Smith 49ers 13.5
DeMarcus Ware Cowboys 12.1
Paul Kruger Ravens 11.0
Anthony Spencer Cowboys 7.2
Source: ProFootballFocus.com
Old 04-03-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
True.
But do you still have total confidence in our offense? I do, regardless of who we add at RB.
I have confidence in our offense as long as we have guys capable of protecting Aaron.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zombo is gone-zo.....to Kansas City!!!!

I am okay with both he and Walden being gone.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Zombo is gone-zo.....to Kansas City!!!!

I am okay with both he and Walden being gone.
Me too, if Perry & Moses are healthy.
I love those 2 guys, and Clay is the best.
But we need some good health there and with our luck, that's axing a lot.
I do think, however, that Brad Jones could move there if Bish & Hawk are healthy.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Preseason games

vs Arizona
@ St. Louis
vs Seattle
@ Kansas City

Old 04-05-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Preseason games

vs Arizona
@ St. Louis
vs Seattle
@ Kansas City
Not really sure it makes that big of a difference, but seems like a decent pre-season schedule. Should get a variety of looks from defenses. Too bad that Seattle is the 3rd game since that's the one the starters typically play least in, correct?

Glad that SF is the NFC West team that we're skipping since I feel like it'd be a waste to play them in a situation where they won't show anything except vanilla stuff.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Not really sure it makes that big of a difference, but seems like a decent pre-season schedule. Should get a variety of looks from defenses. Too bad that Seattle is the 3rd game since that's the one the starters typically play least in, correct?

Glad that SF is the NFC West team that we're skipping since I feel like it'd be a waste to play them in a situation where they won't show anything except vanilla stuff.
Nope 3rd game starters play the most so this is a good team to play to get us ready for the season.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Ive been looking at alot of mock drafts to get a idea of who were gonna pick up this year and it seems like there is no unanimous pick. I think we should grab the best RB avaliable in the draft. I think RB is our weakest position on the entire team, Our Offence is one of the best in the league with virtually no running game. If we had a good RB it can to our offence to another level. With a good RB teams wont be playing two high safetys all the time like they did last year trying to stop Rodgers from hitting the big plays. It would also help out our PA game alot and thats where A Rod like to take his shots Deep. If not in the 1st round the deffinetly the 2nd.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Nope 3rd game starters play the most so this is a good team to play to get us ready for the season.
Ah ha, that actually makes more sense...I must have been tired this morning. Well, good then. We'll get a pretty good test against Russell Wilson and their defense.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Ive been looking at alot of mock drafts to get a idea of who were gonna pick up this year and it seems like there is no unanimous pick. I think we should grab the best RB avaliable in the draft. I think RB is our weakest position on the entire team, Our Offence is one of the best in the league with virtually no running game. If we had a good RB it can to our offence to another level. With a good RB teams wont be playing two high safetys all the time like they did last year trying to stop Rodgers from hitting the big plays. It would also help out our PA game alot and thats where A Rod like to take his shots Deep. If not in the 1st round the deffinetly the 2nd.
Running back is a decent idea except I think we'd be reaching for one in the first. Ted's philosophy has always been to take the top rated player left on his board and I think that will continue.

With that said, I feel like this draft has an unusually small gap in the talent between the mid-1st round prospects through even the 3rd round. Because of that, I'm really hoping we can trade down out of the first round to pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd or even 4th round pick.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Running back is a decent idea except I think we'd be reaching for one in the first. Ted's philosophy has always been to take the top rated player left on his board and I think that will continue.

With that said, I feel like this draft has an unusually small gap in the talent between the mid-1st round prospects through even the 3rd round. Because of that, I'm really hoping we can trade down out of the first round to pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd or even 4th round pick.
I wouldent mind tradeing back, but the position needs to be addressed. The guys we had on the opeaning day roster last year are all not that good. Benson was ok but nothing special. Its really sad that the best RB we have on our roster is a street free agent pick up mid way through the season. Harris is the best we have, he is exploiseve and adds sonething to the offence that we didn't have but I don't think he is the answer.Pft says we r still interested in Bradshaw I wouldnet mind him at the right price. If we don't address the rb position in the draft I think Bradshaw is a good guy to have.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

How good is Eddie Lacy really?
Was he a good guy who looked great behind the nation's best/most dominant offensive line?

Or is he a modern, fresher version of Steven Jackson/Cedric Benson, a bull?

I just think RB's get hurt too often, especially for us, to invest a #1 pick on.

However, our #1 & #2 picks last year also got hurt so for us, I guess the position relating to injury risk, does not make a difference.

We all agree that having a great RB would do wonders for this offense and take pressure (hits) off of Rodgers.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lacy will probably be a good player in the right situation, but I don't like his fit in our offense. I think if you take a guy like him you should give him 20 touches a game and let him wear down a defense. Doug Martin would have been such a perfect fit. When Ted passed on him it pretty much sealed it for me that a 1st round RB wasn't happening any time soon.

I like Eifert but I think we could get just as much production out of Escobar and he'll be available later.

.... more thoughts coming later.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Lacy's hamstring issues make me scared of investing a selection in him. I like his game and physical style, but it lends itself to plenty of injuries just like we've seen during his time at Alabama. Johnathan Franklin is my favorite back in this class, and I'd have no issues with selecting him at 26 if TT feels it's necessary.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers sign Matthew Mulligan. Who says Ted isn't active in free agency?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...new-tight-end/
Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Packers sign Matthew Mulligan. Who says Ted isn't active in free agency?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...new-tight-end/
I like the addition.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Free Mulligans are always a good thing.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

We continually see tight ends mocked to Green Bay, even in round one, but I don't think we'll invest one selection in the position.

Jermciael Finley
DJ Williams
Andrew Quarless
Ryan Taylor
Brandon Bostick
Mitch Mulligan

With those six heading into camp I think we have plenty of competition, and I expect five of these players to make the squad.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, I'm not seeing it. More and more I'm thinking they take a DLineman(Jesse Williams is what I'm thinking)

I'm looking for them to get some big boys up front on both sides early, then go skill position in the mid rounds
Old 04-08-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see us go with big guys as well, unless a top WR talent falls to us at any pick.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I know this isn't the draft thread for us, but what big guys do you want to see in the first two rounds then?

I'd love to get Justin Pugh in the first (if we hold off on LT till later I'm looking at Nick Becton)

I think Jesse Williams could be a possibility in round two.