Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Revis Trade: Bogus from the Beginning

..... and here's why. These are the facts:

• Revis is a free agent in 2014, and can't be franchised per a current contract agreement
  • Jets' owner Woody Johnson wants Revis gone
  • Jets' GM John Idzik knows he can't let a commodity like Revis get away without some return for the Jets

I believe, given Revis' very fragile mental state about his contracts, that most..... if not ALL..... teams in the NFL, want to stay away from Revis like a milkshake with AIDS. So..... how do you.....as a GM trying to trade a player like this...... drum up some interest? Well kids, you turn to an old friend and ask for help.

Insert: Mark Dominik. More facts, please!

• Jets' GM John Idzik served in the Bucs personnel department in various capacities for over 10 years, from 1991 to 2001
  • Current Bucs' GM Mark Dominik was brought on by the Bucs in 1995 as a personnel assistant; the same position Idzik held at the time
  • Their offices were next to each others for 2 years at One Buc Place; and down the hall for 6 years

Start doing the math, and realize that the Bucs don't operate publicly.... ever..... and it equals Revis is not going to be a Buc. It was a ruse from the start.

Bottom Line: Idzik likely asked Dominik, his good friend, for a favor to "negotiate" a trade for Revis, hoping to drum up some other teams' anxiety of losing Revis to swoop in and "steal him" from the Bucs grasp. And so far, it's backfired. Hence, the "trade has 'stalled' stories". False!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, that that's also why the net gain of a first and second round pick to the Jets was reported..... and why it seems insanely high...... is that when <team B> came calling and offered something a little less..... say just ONE first round pick or a couple of second round picks..... it would seem like a bargain..... given what the Bucs were going to give up......
Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope your right bc we have our own guys to keep. Keep building through the draft. If we get consistency from josh were a playoff team.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

It's a good theory. But the fact that we havn't addressed CB this off season makes me believe otherwise.
We would have at least signed a middle tier guy at the prices they were going at if we were not all in on Revis.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the theory and I've had thoughts of the same thing but for different reasons.

I always assumed that Dominik didn't refute rumors because he doesn't want the rest of the league to know what the team is up to. Since Raheem has gone, the Bucs operate under a complete cloak of secrecy ut even before then they often went through a lot to throw other teams off their scent (signing Leftwich before drafting Freeman).
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Jets and Bucs have an agreement in place that will involve you guys trading up to the 9th pick and us trading down to the 13th pick and getting like 4 other picks from you guys....its just a matter of if the Bucs see either Milliner or Rhodes at pick 9 to go and make the jump up past TEN/SD/MIA.

Its not getting leaked because of the fact that if teams know about this, one of those teams might jump up and ruin the whole thing from the start to get their targeted CB.

I think a draft day trade gets done though.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
It's a good theory. But the fact that we havn't addressed CB this off season makes me believe otherwise.
We would have at least signed a middle tier guy at the prices they were going at if we were not all in on Revis.
I disagree with this. Dom has pretty much stated he'll go after guys that can improve the team. Aka top level players at their positions.

I had a feeling he wouldn't go overboard on mid level free agent cbs. Especially after he lucked out with Eric wright screwing up who just agreed to restructure his contract.

I'm not ruling out a trade for Revis. I'd accept it but not happy how much we give up. But I'm more of a fan of building trough the draft and adding players that fit the scheme for the right price. That's what Baltimore did when it added anquan boldin for a 3rd rd pick a few years back.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

@bucfan12 that just proves my point that we are all in on Revis. If Revis wasn't in the picture we would have signed someone, don't care what Dom says in a PC.
The reports of the Glazers wanting Revis should be taken into account also.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 04-03-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
@bucfan12 that just proves my point that we are all in on Revis. If Revis wasn't in the picture we would have signed someone, don't care what Dom says in a PC.
The reports of the Glazers wanting Revis should be taken into account also.
No. It proves that we didn't want to overpay for a CB more than what they were actually worth on the open market. That's what I'm saying.

They've said it before they like the DB in this draft and think it's 3 rounds deep.

Do I think there's still a high chance on Revis being a Buc? Sure. But there are a ton of "What If's" With him as well. How do we know the progress of the ACL injury? Is he going to be the same player? Don't know. What's the deal on the negotiation talks?

Honestly? The best thing we should do, is draft Rhodes at 13 and call Green Bay about CB Tramon Williams. Packers are about to pay Rodgers and Matthews and possibly Raji. They have pretty solid talent at CB, House, Hayward, Shields, and Bush. They could be looking to shed $$$. Giving up a 3rd or 4th for him would be a more solid move.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

How many CBs got overpaid this year?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:03 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
I think a draft day trade gets done though.

Not unless our doctors check out Revis beforehand. And as far as I can tell, that hasn't happenned yet, and the Jets need to approve that before anything is done. That process is a minimum of three days. So...... if three days before the draft..... it doesn't happen..... no trade.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:08 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:

The more I think about what Schiano and Butch Davis are trying to build, the more I am convinced that they both want high level pass rushers to be paired with mid-round CB's and high quality safeties with speedy LB's.

We all point to Schiano's defensive philosophy as evidence of our potential moves, but I think he's defaulting to Davis' at this point.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two high dollar safeties could mean a lot more cover and Tampa 2. Why would we dump so much of our resources (high #1 pick, elite CB money into a safety) if the safeties aren't going to be factored heavily into the coverages.

I'm telling you guys, the only two decent defensive performances in the last half of the season came with the team abandoning their blitz happy ways and playing a ton of cover 2. Why invest heavily in CBs when they might plan on running a lot more of it? If the coaching staff is serious about improving and constantly evaluating itself and the team, a change may very well be in store. Improve the pass rush, get mid round CBs (Tampa 2 style, Abraham, Barber, Dwight Smith, were all 3rd rounders, Brian Kelly was a 2nd) with ball skills and that will tackle, get good coverage LBs, and take your chances by not taking so many chances.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Two high dollar safeties could mean a lot more cover and Tampa 2. Why would we dump so much of our resources (high #1 pick, elite CB money into a safety) if the safeties aren't going to be factored heavily into the coverages.

I'm telling you guys, the only two decent defensive performances in the last half of the season came with the team abandoning their blitz happy ways and playing a ton of cover 2. Why invest heavily in CBs when they might plan on running a lot more of it? If the coaching staff is serious about improving and constantly evaluating itself and the team, a change may very well be in store. Improve the pass rush, get mid round CBs (Tampa 2 style, Abraham, Barber, Dwight Smith, were all 3rd rounders, Brian Kelly was a 2nd) with ball skills and that will tackle, get good coverage LBs, and take your chances by not taking so many chances.
The thing is, that Interview with Ronde Barber, said Schiano's scheme requires a lot of Press Man coverage because they like to blitz. That's why if we take a SLB, it could be someone like Lemonire or Sio Moore, both of whom brought in for visits, to blitz and rush the QB.

I honestly do not see us going back to tampa 2. Playing press man will require our safeties to play a key role over the top and the box guy to handle the TE.

To tell you the truth, I don't know what dom's strategy is. No one saw Barron coming really. I thought either Mo Clay or Richardson was the target last year.

Many think it's Rhodes, Milliner, and some have mocked us Loutelli and Eifert.

I think it's either going to be CB or DT.

I am with you Brasho on one thing, I'd like to see the return of the Tampa 2. Really do. We mixed a lot of that in against Atlanta, however it's tough to go about just that game because in reality, Atlanta had nothing to play for, so it's difficult to see how much effort was in to WINNING that game.

I think it'd be a good idea to look for guys who can play both man and zone. Someone like Trufant and Poyer and Mathieu.

However, I just don't see Sheridan and SChiano scrapping their entire defensive scheme. Barber said himself it was a work in progress through out the season so to transition and scrap it after year one, probably isn't the best idea. There's a reason sheridan was kept. I think he just needs the right players for it. And that inludes man to man CBs
Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me play a little Devil's Advacate and remind everyone of the Defensive Scheme we ran after Dungy was fired, we were primarily a T2 team but we started blitzing a lot more, with Rhonde coming off edge more than ever. I am hoping we go back to something similar

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Let me play a little Devil's Advacate and remind everyone of the Defensive Scheme we ran after Dungy was fired, we were primarily a T2 team but we started blitzing a lot more, with Rhonde coming off edge more than ever. I am hoping we go back to something similar
I don't see us scrapping our current scheme. However we need to get rid of the 3rd down 3 man rush. Doesn't work.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dungy was fired after the 2001 season. Ronde had many years coming off the edge as a blitzer in the nickel package. He was drafted in 97 and started major playing time in 98. The reason it seemed he blitzed more and more was because he was so effective at it, not because of a change in scheme. The same guy ran the defense under Gruden (Kiffin) that ran it under Dungy (Kiffin).
Old 04-05-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Dungy was fired after the 2001 season. Ronde had many years coming off the edge as a blitzer in the nickel package. He was drafted in 97 and started major playing time in 98. The reason it seemed he blitzed more and more was because he was so effective at it, not because of a change in scheme. The same guy ran the defense under Gruden (Kiffin) that ran it under Dungy (Kiffin).
I know Kiffen was still there until Gruden was fired, it just really seemed like after Gruden arrived they were even more aggressive on defense than usual as far as blitzing. If I'm not mistaken Barber finest season, stats wise that is, as a blitzer was with Dungy, when he had 5.5 sacks, in 2000 which was also his 1st pro bowl. Again I am hoping we go more along that line or something similar as far as our defense goes.

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:53 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
..... and here's why. These are the facts:

• Revis is a free agent in 2014, and can't be franchised per a current contract agreement
  • Jets' owner Woody Johnson wants Revis gone
  • Jets' GM John Idzik knows he can't let a commodity like Revis get away without some return for the Jets

I believe, given Revis' very fragile mental state about his contracts, that most..... if not ALL..... teams in the NFL, want to stay away from Revis like a milkshake with AIDS. So..... how do you.....as a GM trying to trade a player like this...... drum up some interest? Well kids, you turn to an old friend and ask for help.

Insert: Mark Dominik. More facts, please!

• Jets' GM John Idzik served in the Bucs personnel department in various capacities for over 10 years, from 1991 to 2001
  • Current Bucs' GM Mark Dominik was brought on by the Bucs in 1995 as a personnel assistant; the same position Idzik held at the time
  • Their offices were next to each others for 2 years at One Buc Place; and down the hall for 6 years

Start doing the math, and realize that the Bucs don't operate publicly.... ever..... and it equals Revis is not going to be a Buc. It was a ruse from the start.

Bottom Line: Idzik likely asked Dominik, his good friend, for a favor to "negotiate" a trade for Revis, hoping to drum up some other teams' anxiety of losing Revis to swoop in and "steal him" from the Bucs grasp. And so far, it's backfired. Hence, the "trade has 'stalled' stories". False!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
Now it is being reported a source who spoke with Revis told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport the cornerback is not optimistic a trade is going to get done.

Quote:
Old 04-06-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Now it is being reported a source who spoke with Revis told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport the cornerback is not optimistic a trade is going to get done.
I hope it's true but don't read into everything. There's still 19 days between now and the draft so something could happen.

I honestly do think it all revolves around yhe 13tj pick. If no one is there we could deal it.

I'm not a fan of the Revis to Tampa deal. If rather sign our own guys and keep our picks in case freeman tanks again and have the ammo to take a guy next year.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Reason Why I hate the idea of trading a 2014 1st round pick for Revis: We don't have a franchise QB in place. Still too many questions surround Freeman, that it's make or break. If he tanks, we have ZERO legit optioons to replace him in next years draft, as the Jets will own that pick.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:

Interesting development.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

The more I ponder the deal, the more I don't mind it all that much. And for two reasons.

A) Look at it like this. We simply traded up in the draft to about the 7th pick to select Darelle Revis, and that's not all that bad a spot to be taking a more known commodity. Plus, he's a better commodity than most of the top end of this past draft. Again, not bad.

B) We didn't part ways with the 2014 First Round pick, but did lose the 2014 Second Round pick, and that makes me happy because it sure looks like the 2014 draft is going to be talent and top heavy, with not nearly the depth of a good draft class. Obviously things change over the course of a year, BUT, we still have that first pick.

If Revis is who we thought he is on the field, the deal we made both with him on his contract and with the Jets to get him, is ok.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post

B) We didn't part ways with the 2014 First Round pick, but did lose the 2014 Second Round pick, and that makes me happy because it sure looks like the 2014 draft is going to be talent and top heavy, with not nearly the depth of a good draft class. Obviously things change over the course of a year, BUT, we still have that first pick.
I think we still have our 2nd rounder next year. It was the 13th pick this year and a 4th rounder that turns into a 3rd rounder if he's still on the team next year.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I think we still have our 2nd rounder next year. It was the 13th pick this year and a 4th rounder that turns into a 3rd rounder if he's still on the team next year.

Today just keeps getting better!