Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
I was listening to the media defending Geno Smith and Nawrocki's credibility seems to be in trouble, but then former GM Charley Casserly (16 years in the NFL) also had negative things to say about Smith. Here is what Casserly said:

"I've been told he is a quiet individual and leadership may take a little time especially with a veteran player... As far as his work habits go, I'm told early in his career he did not work in the weight room as hard as he should, that he is improved now, but clearly when you look at his body it still needs development... As far as the learning ability goes, academically he was an underachiever, he struggled... I'm told leaning-system-wise it was a very simple system, that he should be able to learn an NFL system, but don't expect him to play right away..."

This draft will be fun. If Geno Smith becomes a top 8 pick, as expected, he will probably start right away. His QB coach said Smith is more ready for the NFL than Brandon Weeden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batsandgats View Post
He is a good qb but you can't deny that the system he plays in will lead to a high completion percentage.

Brian Billick on Geno Smith's leadership, says he has a casual demeanor and it is a legitimate concern, so more than one person saying something about his leadership, although I am not a fan of Billick
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...-casual-leader
I too question his style of leadership and those questions are nothing new. Nor is the fact that he came out of a QB friendly system. So did Kyle Boller, but he didn't fair nearly as well. But this whole deal about a lack of work ethic and comparisons to Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks has come out of left field and no one is corroborating these claims. It's a hit piece, period.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 04-03-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote