Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-03-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think Baas has 2 years left and Kiwi is in his final year? Those contracts can come off the books after this year.

I don't know about Snee.

2 years isn't good because now that money gets pushed back. SK meanwhile he gets older and this season coming back from surgery according to TC. So cutting him makes it harder. Its not like David D who took a pay cut. If he didn't he would get cut. Restructuring s are hard in that regard. you are hoping the player can have a consistent level of play through out the life of the contract. if not, you have an over priced guy who can't be cut.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We should cut him now. 9 million for Chris Snee is absolutely ridiculous. That's the worst contract on our team. We've cut better players who made less or asked them to take pay cuts.

I know it won't happen bc it's Snee, but it should. Think about what we could have done with 9 million dollars of salary.
checked with http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/chris-snee/

Snee has a base salary is $6.7m, if we cut him now, we get hit with the 2014 portion of his SB ($4.25m), so we would only save $2.5m against the cap and have to find a starter from somewhere.

there is a player option for 2014

If we cut Snee after this season (or he doesn't exercise his player option), we save $6.7m against the 2014 cap
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the Cruz situation, there is a very big deadline looming for Cruz on April 19.

If he doesn't sign a deal before then, he is going to have to play for a little under $3m and hit unrestricted free agency in 2014. Considering we have a decent deal in the table (rumoured to average over $7m/year), it doesn't bode well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he planned on holding out at that point.

I know we ideally want Cruz back, but should we consider trade options at that point? While teams don't want to give a first round pick, I could see a team willing to give maybe a 2nd and 4th for him.

If we hit April 19 without a deal for Cruz it gets messy, an amicable resolution would not seem likely.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then, we need a slot WR. Once again, the search would start for America's Top slot Wr.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Looking at the Cruz situation, there is a very big deadline looming for Cruz on April 19.

If he doesn't sign a deal before then, he is going to have to play for a little under $3m and hit unrestricted free agency in 2014. Considering we have a decent deal in the table (rumoured to average over $7m/year), it doesn't bode well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he planned on holding out at that point.

I know we ideally want Cruz back, but should we consider trade options at that point? While teams don't want to give a first round pick, I could see a team willing to give maybe a 2nd and 4th for him.

If we hit April 19 without a deal for Cruz it gets messy, an amicable resolution would not seem likely.
We could still extend him beyond that date.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

BBI insider thinks Cruz will be signing on the last day. So far that poster is batting 1.000
Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Wow, we have a big time DT haul now. We just signed Mike Patterson. So add another DT to our rotation.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
BBI insider thinks Cruz will be signing on the last day. So far that poster is batting 1.000
I expect that will be the case as well, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't look great for Cruz as a long term giant.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hixon signed with the Panthers today and Edelman was brought in today and will be back tomorrow

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I hope JE signs with us. I think he can be gold in our system and worst fill Devin Thomas role as a WR if needed but special teamer.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be serviceable. NE runs a very similar system to us so I expect him to be a reliable backup option as our slot.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'll be serviceable. NE runs a very similar system to us so I expect him to be a reliable backup option as our slot.
I'd let him return all kicks as well. Wilson and Randle are due to see more playing time, more than Edelman. At least I hope.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'd let him return all kicks as well. Wilson and Randle are due to see more playing time, more than Edelman. At least I hope.
I rather keep Randle and Wilson in their ST role while taking up more snaps on offense. I mean why not? It's not like they can't do it. The coaching staff just gets scared of injuries for no reason. There's no greater chance they get hurt on a kickoff vs an extra hand off or pass. I would keep them in their roles on special teams even with the increased workload on offense, but I know it won't happen.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson needs to continue to do kickoffs. The field position he gave us last year is integral to the offense. I don't care if Randle continues to do punts though. He wasn't all that impressive in that role.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 04-04-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah Randle was mediocre there, so I don't mind, but Wilson definitely needs to stay on kickoffs. Although I wonder why he can't do punts as well?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Tyson Clabo was cut. Him or Eric Winston could be nice additions to RT for us. I wouldn't mind that.

Of course, that would mean cutting Diehl's dead weight. Which I would assume would be a given if we sign a FA RT.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah Randle was mediocre there, so I don't mind, but Wilson definitely needs to stay on kickoffs. Although I wonder why he can't do punts as well?
Fielding punts requires a very different skill set than returning kicks. More of a premium is placed on hands and 1 cut agility. Edelman's best role is as a punt returned, but I think he could be an average slot WR if given enough meaningful snaps. His athleticism is really underrated. He is more of a less polished Amendola than a less polished Welker.

I still suspect his best NFL position is 3rd down RB or nickel CB/ safety hybrid though.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tyson Clabo was cut. Him or Eric Winston could be nice additions to RT for us. I wouldn't mind that.

Of course, that would mean cutting Diehl's dead weight. Which I would assume would be a given if we sign a FA RT.
I don't know if Diehl would be cut. Even though he did lower his salary to whatever figure it is now, some of the money was given as a bonus. Which we could not get back now.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't know if Diehl would be cut. Even though he did lower his salary to whatever figure it is now, some of the money was given as a bonus. Which we could not get back now.
We never should have restructured him. He should have been an immediate cut.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Fielding punts requires a very different skill set than returning kicks. More of a premium is placed on hands and 1 cut agility. Edelman's best role is as a punt returned, but I think he could be an average slot WR if given enough meaningful snaps. His athleticism is really underrated. He is more of a less polished Amendola than a less polished Welker.

I still suspect his best NFL position is 3rd down RB or nickel CB/ safety hybrid though.
I don't see why Wilson can't do it though. He has incredible agility and he has good hands.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
We never should have restructured him. He should have been an immediate cut.
We didn't restructure him really though. He took a massive pay cut.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-04-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We didn't restructure him really though. He took a massive pay cut.
We should have just cut him though. He just doesn't have it anymore. Unless he's making like 1 mill a season we should have just cut him.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

They like him as a backup. He can play anywhere on the line. We'd have no money for Winston or Clabo even if Diehl was cut.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-04-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Can he though? They tried him at Guard and he was a massive fail. Then RT and he was a massive fail. The guy just doesn't have it anymore.

I rather get a cheap backup from somewhere else honestly. I bet you if Diehl got cut today, he'd be just like OHara and Petitgout and be forced into retirement.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You're probably right. I was the one banging the drum last year to get Diehl out of the starting OL as he was terrible. The coaching staff and FO obviously love him and want him around though.

sig by BoneKrusher