Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if it's a shoe in that he stays in Miami. Wade is breaking down. He probably has a better sidekick in Cleveland if he goes back.

He won't go to a city that demands a lot from it's players. He won't go to a NY, Brooklyn, LA, or Chicago. He doesn't want that pressure. I don't think Cleveland is completely out of the picture.

Then again Cleveland's owner pretty much burned that bridge. He burned it, pissed on it, and then took a dump on it. So probably not.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Lebron's not going to come back here
Thank you. It is a nice media story and all, but Lebron isn't leaving Miami or Dwade.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I know it has no effect on the game itself. It's just hilarious that their fans can't even fill up their stadium vs one of their rivals.

Those Miami Heat fans. A prideful bunch. They'll forget the Heat exist once LeBron goes back to Cleveland btw.
This I agree with, that Miami pro fans (for lack of a better description) are hilariously pathetic in their support of their teams.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, pro and college fans alike down here are horribly pathetic for the most part.

Thankfully I only deal with it with the Heat...and the marlins (buts lets pretend I didn't say that).

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Yes, pro and college fans alike down here are horribly pathetic for the most part.

Thankfully I only deal with it with the Heat...and the marlins (buts lets pretend I didn't say that).
Hey, you have more NBA and MLB championships in the last 15 years than I do! But then I have the 90s, so it does make up for it...

So there are a few fans here in Chicago that are getting upset that the Bulls aren't signing/trading for a Dwight Howard or someone, and think that Rose is going to get pissed if they don't (especially after his moron brother made his comments). There are some (not many) that are seriously worried he is going to leave for Miami when his contract is up...
Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rose won't leave. He IS Chicago right now.

And Chicago won't get him any help either. They'll try to build through the draft.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I just don't see that myself. You guys actually have done a really good job of supporting him with players his whole career despite his dumbass brother saying otherwise. I mean look at this team right now. It is a 4/5 seed without him, and number of other injuries during the year. I think Chicago missed the boat on bringing Dwade home a few years back, but then again it was going to be impossible pulling Wade away from Riley.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rose won't leave. He IS Chicago right now.

And Chicago won't get him any help either. They'll try to build through the draft.
I don't see it either, but with his brother's dumbass comments and the media I think just making up reasons why he hasn't come back, they want you to believe one of the reasons is because the Bulls didn't trade for a big name this season.

I really like the make up of the Bulls with a few exceptions. It's pretty much assumed that unless he takes a slight pay cut, Deng will be gone when his contract is up if he doesn't get traded. Boozer will be gone at some point. We will have Rose, Noah, and Taj locked up which is a great core, but no real secondary scorer. Lots of irrational fans and the media think we need to sign a big name SG to be a championship caliber team.

I think we definitely need to address our secondary scoring option, but hoping we can address it through a lucky bounce in the draft or maybe trading Deng or something. We should have just shut Deng down this season, tanked, and hoped for a lottery pick.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD is LITERALLY the ESPN of this board.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need more Gallo talk in this thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
BBD is LITERALLY the ESPN of this board.
When we beat the Heat in the ECF, I'll make sure to do a sportscenter on it.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I really want Brittany Griner to tryout for the Mavs so bad, and I want it recorded. Every single minute of every play. Cuban's not an idiot, he's doing this for publicity. But if this happened, I think it would be the most entertaining event in the NBA for years.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
We need more Gallo talk in this thread

That Italian can play....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Gallo is a solid #3 option. Above average #3 option. Nothing more, nothing less. He can be your #2 option on offense, but I wouldn't consider him an All Star caliber #2.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

The Denver bench celebration is the best part.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scrolling through Rotoworld NBA player news and one name caught me off guard...

Quote:
Gary Payton has been elected to The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, according to multiple media reports.
Payton, a first timer on the ballot, was one of 12 finalists announced in February. The official announcement won't be until Monday, but it wouldn't be all that surprising if he made it through on the first try. The Glove was one of the greatest point guards ever, with nine All-Star appearances, an NBA title and a reputation as one of the toughest defenders ever.
Source: ProBasketballTalk Apr 4 - 6:11 PM
Greatest athlete of all time!
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I liked him as a Sonic and Buck. He talked a ton of trash, but he always backed it up night in and night out. Most of all, he had one of the biggest shots in the series vs. Mavs to get the Heat their first championship.

No doubter 1st Ballot worthy.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two gigantic clutch shots for Miami. Not just one.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice win by Chitown. Boozer was beasting it.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lmfao I love interviews with Pop so much

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gallinari injured :(
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Lorenzo Wright's widow spends $1 million insurance check in just about 10 months. Was intended to care for his 6 children. Solid parenting...

http://www.blackenterprise.com/money...obref=obinsite

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-05-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only justifiable expense there happens to be the largest one, the home, but c'mon, you can do without the Escalade and Lexus. And what the **** kind of furniture do you have that you dropped 70k on it? *****, go to Ikea or something.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** kind of furniture cost more than an Escalade and Lexus combined?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Lorenzo Wright's widow spends $1 million insurance check in just about 10 months. Was intended to care for his 6 children. Solid parenting...

http://www.blackenterprise.com/money...obref=obinsite
Birds will be birds.