Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-04-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well generally speaking youve enjoyed the directions theyve gone with on the show so that makes sense. However, it would be one of the worst, laziest things I have ever seen if they decide to just do literally the same exact plot they just spent an entire season on. Thatd be like having Gus survive the end of S4 of BB and going through another season of Walt trying to beat Gus (I mean at least thatd be entertaining because both characters are actually interesting), it'd be lazy and progress the story nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that zombies are the big draw, but this show really needs to work on some character development. Yeah, it'll mean slower episodes, but they need to find intelligent writers who know how to make a character feel unique or special. Right now they're all basically cartoon versions of what they should be, and that's my biggest complaint.

In a show about a group of people trying to survive the end of the world (as it were), I don't really care if any of them live or die. That is the #1 problem here. You should care about the survivors of a zombie apocalypse you know, surviving.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they are smart, they will do the right thing and start S4 off with a bang which means the Governor dying and introducing a new villain.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I would have loved a spin off set in an alternate universe where Gus doesn't die and is revealed to be a cyborg. That would be great television.

I wonder if at any point will they begin to work towards finding a cure or if they whole show will be about surviving. I understand at this point that the show really isn't about zombies but they are failing hard at using zombies as a metaphor for different things so I am thinking they should at least make an effort to find a large group of soldiers who posses the weaponry possible to destroy all zombies.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no reason Ed Red and Martinez didn't kill the Governor. That is just dumb.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
There is no reason Ed Red and Martinez didn't kill the Governor. That is just dumb.
Thats what me and my friend were saying as we watched it. There is just no way they dont kill him....and they just got in the truck.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-04-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we can all agree Ed Reed needs to be the villain of the show next season. Ed Reed as the zombie whisperer. Or maybe like Willard but instead of rats he controls zombies.
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
If they are smart, they will do the right thing and start S4 off with a bang which means the Governor dying and introducing a new villain.
Well weve already seen that that isnt the case (about being smart), but that would be better than having another half a season treading along the same path they just got off of. Or didn't really get off of, I should say copped out of.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I think we can all agree Ed Reed needs to be the villain of the show next season. Ed Reed as the zombie whisperer. Or maybe like Willard but instead of rats he controls zombies.
It'd be cool if the virus started to mutate to where some walkers were runners, and the disease started spreading to animals. Maybe even explore the origin of the virus. Idk something other than just sitting around in the prison ala the farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I know that zombies are the big draw, but this show really needs to work on some character development. Yeah, it'll mean slower episodes, but they need to find intelligent writers who know how to make a character feel unique or special. Right now they're all basically cartoon versions of what they should be, and that's my biggest complaint.

In a show about a group of people trying to survive the end of the world (as it were), I don't really care if any of them live or die. That is the #1 problem here. You should care about the survivors of a zombie apocalypse you know, surviving.
I actually think theyve started down the right path there, which is just start killing off all these awful characters. There really is no saving grace for any of these ******* morons, if they can survive in that world, I'm pretty positive I would rule over every country at this point. They just should continue killing everyone off and get a whole new cast of characters. The actors themselves outside of Carl are fine, but the characters themselves are awful

Make it like American horror story at this point and have every new season focus on a new group of people. Idk.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 04-04-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Well generally speaking youve enjoyed the directions theyve gone with on the show so that makes sense. However, it would be one of the worst, laziest things I have ever seen if they decide to just do literally the same exact plot they just spent an entire season on. Thatd be like having Gus survive the end of S4 of BB and going through another season of Walt trying to beat Gus (I mean at least thatd be entertaining because both characters are actually interesting), it'd be lazy and progress the story nowhere.
I'm not saying I didn't have a problem with the finale as a whole though. The Governor just driving off, never to be seen again, was a terrible way to end things. Simply showing the Governor at the end of the episode doing anything would have made that a good finale. And yes, for the most part, I've enjoyed the general direction of the show, but not at this point. I wanted the Governor to die last night after destroying the prison. I don't want to see a bunch of old diabetics walking around a prison for 16 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

At least Breaking Bad is coming??

And TWD writers have 6 months to get their **** right.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
It'd be cool if the virus started to mutate to where some walkers were runners, and the disease started spreading to animals. Maybe even explore the origin of the virus. Idk something other than just sitting around in the prison ala the farm.
I am a damn zombie purist so **** running zombies! But yes, something needs to happen with the zombies I think. They are just there to kill at this point which is fine if the show had good characters and a clear direction.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
I am a damn zombie purist so **** running zombies! But yes, something needs to happen with the zombies I think. They are just there to kill at this point which is fine if the show had good characters and a clear direction.
So I'm guessing you were not a fan of the movie 28 Days Later

All the Zombies ran 4.3's

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
So I'm guessing you were not a fan of the movie 28 Days Later

All the Zombies ran 4.3's
I actually really enjoyed that movie but they weren't zombies. Also really liked the remake of Dawn of the Dead but felt the weak point was the fast zombies. I am just such a big fan of the classic Romero slow zombies and I feel they make the most sense.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Eh I never understood the disdain towards runners. It just made them more terrifying to me. Idk I'm just spit balling here on how to take whats been done and rectify something out of it.

I also want to add that Carl has just become one of the most ridiculous characters of all time to me. Everytime he does something more ridiculous I'm always just like...wut?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His facial expressions are the best. They're all so forced. He looks like an acting robot. Everything looks like it takes a ton of strain to do, and his lines are so monotonous and boring.

I can't really fault him, cuz he's a kid, and this is some heavy material (for a kid) to work with, I blame the casting directors for picking him.

Also the writers for making Carl such a ridiculously stupid character, but that is a different thing all together.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Eh I never understood the disdain towards runners. It just made them more terrifying to me. Idk I'm just spit balling here on how to take whats been done and rectify something out of it.

I also want to add that Carl has just become one of the most ridiculous characters of all time to me. Everytime he does something more ridiculous I'm always just like...wut?
Runners are certainly more terrifying but I love the false sense of security people have around walkers. They figure they can out run them and next thing they know, the walkers have surrounded them. I just find runners cheap and too unstoppable. Plus no way would a dead and decaying body be able to run.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

They literally don't give two shits about the walkers now. That is why they always have them in the distant background in almost every scene.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still can't get over the fact that the silly ************ wanted to pet a buck. Not only that, but that his father watched him while he was doing it.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This show does a few things well, but so many things poorly. It really is a shame too.

I do like Glen and Maggie, I sort of like Herschel, I like Daryl but he's getting worse, and the rest are meh. I won't stop watching it, but season 1 was a show I had to watch night of, and I took a week in between viewing some episodes this season.

It sucks because nothing will change. Their ratings are higher than ever. It's a juggernaut, and for all the bitching people are doing, it isn't hurting the ratings at all.
Yeah, maybe my 2 and a Half Men audience snark should have been saved for TWD.

I really think that writers must pass some sort of basic logic and causality testing in order to work on a show.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Runners are certainly more terrifying but I love the false sense of security people have around walkers. They figure they can out run them and next thing they know, the walkers have surrounded them. I just find runners cheap and too unstoppable. Plus no way would a dead and decaying body be able to run.
But if a dead and decaying body can't run, then why should it be strong enough to overpower a grown man? Zombies generally don't make sense. Unless the virus makes their muscles more powerful while everything else just rots, in which case they should be able to run, jump, climb...etc.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We haven't even touched on the worst part about this show: The Talking Dead. For every show on TV right now, this show makes the least amount of sense to have a talk show for it on the air. Why not Mad Men or Breaking Bad, which are 10x the shows with 10x the writing and character development?

The Talking Dead is awful.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
We haven't even touched on the worst part about this show: The Talking Dead. For every show on TV right now, this show makes the least amount of sense to have a talk show for it on the air. Why not Mad Men or Breaking Bad, which are 10x the shows with 10x the writing and character development?

I have not watched The Talking Dead but do you see how much **** we are able to talk about in regards to TWD every week? There is a lot to talk about. Mad Men and Breaking Bad don't have the audience TWD does either. Again, haven't seen the show, but I imagine The Talking Dead brings up character motivations, themes, and possibly story arcs down the line so the crazies who think TWD is a good show can regurgitate that nonsense to their friends the next day and feel smart.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See this is what I think should and will happen. Right now the governor is lost alone with only two flunkies with him.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is something we can agree on. Talking Dead is just not watchable. "Hey [insert random celeb here] if you were [insert character's name here] what would you do."

"Well I would do go with [insert popular character here]"

clap clap clap clap WOO

Quote:
I have not watched The Talking Dead but do you see how much **** we are able to talk about in regards to TWD every week? There is a lot to talk about. Mad Men and Breaking Bad don't have the audience TWD does either. Again, haven't seen the show, but I imagine The Talking Dead brings up character motivations, themes, and possibly story arcs down the line so the crazies who think TWD is a good show can regurgitate that nonsense to their friends the next day and feel smart.
They did a little more of this now that they have a full hour devoted to it. But I no longer watch it. I thought there would be conversations about the other media that TWD is involved in (Video Games or comics) and do more of a compare contrast something like that but they never did (unless they started after a quarter of the way through the season.) To how you ended the post if anyone feels smart after watching TWD or any episodic drama you should redefine your definition of the term.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote