Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which Teams Make Sense for JaMarcus Russell?

It seems clear that he'll be brought into camp, and if gets himself focused and into shape, the physical tools were never the problem in Oakland. Personally, if he gets back into football shape after years away from the game, that alone is an accomplishment worthy of attributing to a newfound drive and commitment. But what teams would want him? It actually kind of scares me to think Arizona might sign him, because if he does turn it around, and say they let him sit behind Carson Palmer for a year to get re-acclimated, Russell throwing deep to Larry Fitzgerald and Malcolm Floyd is a pretty impressive trio of athletic upside. I also think it would make sense for the Browns to bring him in to push Weeden; neither Palmer nor Weeden are scramblers, but have good downfield throwing ability, like Russell, so those offenses should already be schematic fits, not to mention the fact that their quarterback situations are less than ideal.

I think Baltimore, Houston and Tampa Bay also make some sense for him, schematically, although those teams aren't intently looking for a quarterback right now. (Houston and Tampa Bay could have an eye on the future, though.) If JaMarcus isn't necessarily looking to compete for a starting job, I think those would be good places for him to get back (back might be a stretch) into the NFL mindset. It easy to make the jokes, but it sure looks like he's making a real attempt at taking his opportunity seriously and putting his athletic talents to use, and those talents are immense. So if he can get his head in it, he's worth a shot. So kind of in a best-case scenario, meaning we're taking it for granted that he's legitimately focused and taking his task seriously, what places might be a good landing spot? Or even better, is there anyone out there who's willing to openly say that they want their team to bring in JaMarcus? Like I said, if I was a Cardinals fan I think I'd approve of them bringing him into camp to see how he looks. He's not a fit for the Seahawks, though.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-04-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote