Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-04-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really dislike the Joeckel pick in the 1st even though it makes sense, but I love the Tyler Wilson pick in the 3rd, so yay.

ps why no comp picks?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
two OLBs for the saints might be a bit much, certainly after they also signed victor butler. I think werner is the right pick in that situation in the first but in the third id think the saints would go brandon williams
I forgot about Butler signing there actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Really dislike the Joeckel pick in the 1st even though it makes sense, but I love the Tyler Wilson pick in the 3rd, so yay.

ps why no comp picks?

I started this a few weeks ago, i copied someone elses draft order before comps were released.

Who would you take at 1? Star? Geno? Milliner?

I would take star, but id probably sign Albert long term too

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.

Last edited by K Train : 04-04-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not big on Manuel in the second for the Jets. Think Idzik realizes the team is in for a rough 2013, he's going to be firing Rex at the end of the season, and it makes more sense to bring in the QB of the future in the first round of 2014 along with the new coach than burn a valuable pick on a roll of the dice on a day 2 QB in 2013 who probably won't pan out and the new coach may not even like.

Bell doesn't make a ton of sense to me either. I know he's got good hands but I would imagine in Mornhinwig's WCO they're going to look for a quicker back and not a bell cow. Could be wrong, but they historically haven't had big guys like Bell in that system.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started out good for the Titans.

We didn't "lose" any players at DT, just SenDerrick Marks and he was terrible.. replaced him with Sammie Lee Hill. If Floyd fell to us @ #10, i'd gobble him up. However, I don't think we could pass on Tank Carradine in the 2nd, we need edge rushers still and I think he's getting looks at Late 1st. I'd be happy with Robert Woods however. Disagree with our 3rd, Knile Davis, seriously? For starters, we just invested $10mil in Shonn Greene to compliment CJ, another 3rd round RB ins't needed. We have much biggers needs like RG, CB, or OT depth. Replace with Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Brian Schwenke, Darius Clay, or Barrett Jones and i'd give this draft an A+.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am just not sold on Werner being able to switch to the OLB in the 3-4. If this was up to me, Id go with Jesse Williams in the first for a legit 3-4 NT and Zavier Gooden for OLB, who has amazing athletic ability.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I am just not sold on Werner being able to switch to the OLB in the 3-4. If this was up to me, Id go with Jesse Williams in the first for a legit 3-4 NT and Zavier Gooden for OLB, who has amazing athletic ability.
Taking Jesse Williams @ 15 would really be reaching for your man.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good first rounder for the Jets. Not sure why you have Manuel in the 2nd over Barkley. Barkley would make more sense, Manuel isn't worth a 2nd rounder. Personally I hope they don't take a qb at all and just wait for Bridgewater next year but if they do spend a 2nd on one it should be Barkley, Manuel would be a reach there. I'm ok with Bell in the 3rd, but would prefer to get him in the 4th round. Your mock doesn't have the jets taking a TE or S which are our 2 biggest needs along with OLB and G, which would suck.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent first two rounds for Dallas. No way would I pass on a premiere center prospect in the third in order to take a prospect that has so many red flags he's an ace at minesweeper. Doesn't mesh with Garrett's team culture and honestly Hughes isn't a good fit for the incoming Tampa-2 scheme.

Schwenke at 80 would be a huge value selection at a position of need :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Not big on Manuel in the second for the Jets. Think Idzik realizes the team is in for a rough 2013, he's going to be firing Rex at the end of the season, and it makes more sense to bring in the QB of the future in the first round of 2014 along with the new coach than burn a valuable pick on a roll of the dice on a day 2 QB in 2013 who probably won't pan out and the new coach may not even like.

Bell doesn't make a ton of sense to me either. I know he's got good hands but I would imagine in Mornhinwig's WCO they're going to look for a quicker back and not a bell cow. Could be wrong, but they historically haven't had big guys like Bell in that system.
I guess i didnt really think about the fact that rex may be on the way out, its a shame because i think hes a really good coach, the Sanchez Experiment just didnt pan out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x View Post
Started out good for the Titans.

We didn't "lose" any players at DT, just SenDerrick Marks and he was terrible.. replaced him with Sammie Lee Hill. If Floyd fell to us @ #10, i'd gobble him up. However, I don't think we could pass on Tank Carradine in the 2nd, we need edge rushers still and I think he's getting looks at Late 1st. I'd be happy with Robert Woods however. Disagree with our 3rd, Knile Davis, seriously? For starters, we just invested $10mil in Shonn Greene to compliment CJ, another 3rd round RB ins't needed. We have much biggers needs like RG, CB, or OT depth. Replace with Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Brian Schwenke, Darius Clay, or Barrett Jones and i'd give this draft an A+.
for whatever reason i thought Jurell Casey left too, and i didnt know about SLH...thats a good pickup for them. Even in that case though with SLH at NT Floyd makes perfect sense at UT

I did mention earlier that i forgot about Greene, mostly because i paid no attention to him because hes terrible, but your right...davis doesnt make sense there.

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I thought about NT for them but i think Williams, Jenkins, Hankins are all big reaches there. Werner will be fine as a primary rusher in the 34, they are going to tell him to go chase the QB most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Good first rounder for the Jets. Not sure why you have Manuel in the 2nd over Barkley. Barkley would make more sense, Manuel isn't worth a 2nd rounder. Personally I hope they don't take a qb at all and just wait for Bridgewater next year but if they do spend a 2nd on one it should be Barkley, Manuel would be a reach there. I'm ok with Bell in the 3rd, but would prefer to get him in the 4th round. Your mock doesn't have the jets taking a TE or S which are our 2 biggest needs along with OLB and G, which would suck.
I really imagined a lot of backlash from taking Barkley as an Heir to sanchez....i think they are completely different and i like barkley a lot more than i ever liked sanchize but the whole "USC QB" thing would scare them away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Excellent first two rounds for Dallas. No way would I pass on a premiere center prospect in the third in order to take a prospect that has so many red flags he's an ace at minesweeper. Doesn't mesh with Garrett's team culture and honestly Hughes isn't a good fit for the incoming Tampa-2 scheme.

Schwenke at 80 would be a huge value selection at a position of need :)
I toyed with the idea of Schwenke there too. I really hate the Tampa 2 and how it effects my DT selection lol, i got that from dallas fans on another board too. I guess im assuming Rat still has a future there, which past this season he probably doesnt so any penetrating DT would make sense too.

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post

I started this a few weeks ago, i copied someone elses draft order before comps were released.

Who would you take at 1? Star? Geno? Milliner?

I would take star, but id probably sign Albert long term too
I hate the Joeckel pick but like I said it makes sense. I have no illusions about it, the pick will prob be Joeckel or Fisher, so it's whatevs.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I toyed with the idea of Schwenke there too. I really hate the Tampa 2 and how it effects my DT selection lol, i got that from dallas fans on another board too. I guess im assuming Rat still has a future there, which past this season he probably doesnt so any penetrating DT would make sense too.
Yeah Ratliff will most likely be manning the NT spot which should work fine. Hatcher has been our most dynamic defensive lineman recently and I would expect him to be the 3-tech barring someone like Richardson (1st round) or Short (2nd round) being taken.

Depth on the defensive line isn't too terrible either. The situation behind Ware, Spencer, and Crawford at end is atrocious though. We definitely need to draft someone to eventually replace and perhaps spell Ware as the weak-side DE.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Yeah Ratliff will most likely be manning the NT spot which should work fine. Hatcher has been our most dynamic defensive lineman recently and I would expect him to be the 3-tech barring someone like Richardson (1st round) or Short (2nd round) being taken.

Depth on the defensive line isn't too terrible either. The situation behind Ware, Spencer, and Crawford at end is atrocious though. We definitely need to draft someone to eventually replace and perhaps spell Ware as the weak-side DE.
do you think they close the door on brent? im assuming he'll probably be suspended for the year

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
for whatever reason i thought Jurell Casey left too, and i didnt know about SLH...thats a good pickup for them. Even in that case though with SLH at NT Floyd makes perfect sense at UT

I did mention earlier that i forgot about Greene, mostly because i paid no attention to him because hes terrible, but your right...davis doesnt make sense there.
Yeah, we're really high on Casey & Martin... they both played really well. Hopefully SLH can be that NT we need to help free them and Wimbley up. He's an upgrade to Marks, that's for sure. If Floyd is there at #10, he's too good to pass up. Even though another 3-tech isn't what we need, Titans are big on BPA this year.

My bad, didn't see you mention forgetting about Greene. Yes, he is terrible... and we gave him $10m, D'oh! Hopefully splitting carries will get some fire under him again.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOVE the Bjoern Werner pick for the Saints in the first round but in the 3rd I'd rather Brandon Williams than Travardo Williams. The Saints needs a back-up NT and heir to Broderick Bunkley at NT and Brandon Williams would be perfect in that role.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be a real kick in the balls to see them pass on Warmack and then they could grab Tank in round two.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this for the Eagles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this first round, but I'm not so sure about Monte Ball in the third. I think we have to get some kind of rush linebacker. I like the value of both picks though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

K Train, you must have the most disturbing avatar out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sickwithit has a great avatar...polar opposites......creepiness and hottness

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:12 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Not a great effort with your Bengals picks. Andre Smith is very likely to resign. And your comment that they could still take an OT in the first even if he does sign an extension makes zero sense.

As for the 2nd round, Ogletree makes a lot of sense. I can't really see a DE though. The Bengals have a ton of cap space and have made keeping the D Line together their top priority, so they are very likely to extend Michael Johnson and Carlos Dunlap at DE. They just signed their 2 other DEs, Robert Geathers and Wallace Gilberry to 3 year extensions. And they have a 5th guy, Jamaal Anderson, under contract as well.

They have almost nothing at SS and have not even tried to hide the fact they plan on taking one early. A Safety is way more likely than a DE early.

Lastly, they need a RB, but it isn't likely to be a power guy like Michael. Marvin Lewis said the only outside FA he wanted this year was Reggie Bush and the OC Gruden has been talking regularly about the need to add a pass catching RB to pair with BJGE. Michael had something like 8 receptions total the past 2 seasons. They are going to take a RB early, but it will be a guy like Gio Bernard or Jonathan Franklin.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
LOVE the Bjoern Werner pick for the Saints in the first round but in the 3rd I'd rather Brandon Williams than Travardo Williams. The Saints needs a back-up NT and heir to Broderick Bunkley at NT and Brandon Williams would be perfect in that role.
Yeah i forgot about Victor Butler signing so NT makes more sense. Can you lay out their front seven for me if werner is the pick?

Jordan, Bunkley, ?
Butler, Vilma?, Lofton? Werner?

Does Vilma have a home in a 34? didnt work out with the jets. Does martez wilson have a place? Who is going to play the other DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbuck View Post
Not a great effort with your Bengals picks. Andre Smith is very likely to resign. And your comment that they could still take an OT in the first even if he does sign an extension makes zero sense.

As for the 2nd round, Ogletree makes a lot of sense. I can't really see a DE though. The Bengals have a ton of cap space and have made keeping the D Line together their top priority, so they are very likely to extend Michael Johnson and Carlos Dunlap at DE. They just signed their 2 other DEs, Robert Geathers and Wallace Gilberry to 3 year extensions. And they have a 5th guy, Jamaal Anderson, under contract as well.

They have almost nothing at SS and have not even tried to hide the fact they plan on taking one early. A Safety is way more likely than a DE early.

Lastly, they need a RB, but it isn't likely to be a power guy like Michael. Marvin Lewis said the only outside FA he wanted this year was Reggie Bush and the OC Gruden has been talking regularly about the need to add a pass catching RB to pair with BJGE. Michael had something like 8 receptions total the past 2 seasons. They are going to take a RB early, but it will be a guy like Gio Bernard or Jonathan Franklin.
i was thinking maybe if they sign andre to the contract he wants they will possibly look to him as the future at LT, not sure what whitworths contract status. But i also wasnt thinking Andre was a definite lock to resign, but i liked the idea of Fluker playing guard just as much as RT...i know they just drafted zeitler, but fluke could be the another guy they could use to handle the ngatas and phil taylors of the division on the inside. You are right about SS, i overlooked that but there really wasnt many glaring holes on the team

I did have them taking cyprien for a little bit, what do you think of him?

I may give them Knile Davis since i overlooked the shonn greene signing in tennessee....thoughts? big and fast runner

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You dont feel DT is a need at all but you desperately need a DT?

I forgot about Shonn Greene.
Sorry that was supposed to say DE.

We don't really need a DT. We have Jurrell Casey, who's one of the best young DTs in the game. We have Mike Martin, who everyone loved coming out last year and he played very well as a rookie. We have Karl Klug who played very well his rookie year and played well last year when given the chance. We just signed Sammie Lee Hill @ 3.5m a year, so he'll likely be a starter but even if he's the backup to Martin we are still 4 deep and use a rotation.

We've got a couple other guys on the roster than the coaches like, although they haven't really done much yet.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think the only reason people bash Greene so much is because they took him on their fantasy teams too high.

He's a solid back, the guys gotten 1000 yards the past two seasons on a team with a poor passing game. He only got 4.5m guaranteed and is making $3.165m this season.

There's a lot of similar RBs in the league that are getting paid more. The only thing you can really argue is paying for a #2 back instead of drafting a compliment like Le'Veon Bell or someone. But we've tried that and failed in the past few years
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote