Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-04-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Has O'Byrne been THAT bad this year? Honestly have not watched ANY Av's games. Actively avoided them, in fact.
He's been redonkubad. He's always handled the puck like a grenade but this year he's also been a complete pylon and doesn't even clear the crease. Add that to Sacco playing him and Hunwick crazy big minutes together and it was a complete disaster. Did really well last year as a bottom pairing shutdown guy and pker though.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
He's been redonkubad. He's always handled the puck like a grenade but this year he's also been a complete pylon and doesn't even clear the crease. Add that to Sacco playing him and Hunwick crazy big minutes together and it was a complete disaster. Did really well last year as a bottom pairing shutdown guy and pker though.
I am guessing we want him to pair with Liles again (or Gardiner if we call him up) so he will be 2nd pairing at best (Phaneuf/Gunnshow, Liles/O'Byrne, Fraser/Franson).

I would be more upset by this trade, but it's next years fourth, and he really can't be any worse than Kostka. So whatever. If it results in Kostka being sent down, I will give it a chance.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Half of the top 12 scorers in the league were #1 picks. That's every forward taken first overall from 2004-2010.

Half of the top 50 scorers in the league were top-10 picks.

The Sabres have had one top-10 pick in the last 17 years, and that was Vanek.

I won't root against us, but, well, you know.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What you're saying is that Avs are going to look so damn sexy with one of Jones, Drouin or MacKinnon?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I didn't want to trade Tatar or Mrazek or Nyqvist, but there had to be other guys we could have given up.

I'm just tired of wasting cap space. $12 million has gone unused over the past 2 years.
perhaps the GM did not have permission from the owner to spend to the cap limit

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jagr already
Old 04-04-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
Not a chance in hell with Mike Ilitch.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how long it is until we actually have a captain, again. Who on this team would be one? Vanek's future is starting to seem iffy and Ott, while awesome and recently made an alternate, would be a strange sight.

Seriously though, I love Ott. I love his game and I love his personality. Such a refreshing interviewee.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my. Nik Kronwall just STEAMROLLED Jamie McGinn with like 2 seconds left in regulation.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Oh my. Nik Kronwall just STEAMROLLED Jamie McGinn with like 2 seconds left in regulation.
How was that DeKeyser kid?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
How was that DeKeyser kid?
Solid. 22:21 of ice time. Credited with 3 takeaways, 2 giveaways and no other stats. Made a couple nice defensive plays from what I saw.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

#Kronwalled
Old 04-05-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Stupid Red Wings can't even beat us in regulation. Sacco did what he could to ensure the tank prevailed in the end and kept us from getting the full points by sending out HunnyBunny and Barrie with 30 seconds left, but we're 1 point further away from locking up Seth Jones.

EDIT: It's always nice to see Quincey in a Dead Things sweater.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Half of the top 12 scorers in the league were #1 picks. That's every forward taken first overall from 2004-2010.

Half of the top 50 scorers in the league were top-10 picks.

The Sabres have had one top-10 pick in the last 17 years, and that was Vanek.

I won't root against us, but, well, you know.
NHL draft = easiest to project?

I would rank them this way (easiest to hardest):

1. NHL
2. NBA
3. NFL
4. MLB
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Granlund with a sweet pass to Coyle and the Wild are up 2-0...looks like they'll break their losing streak

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Assuming we can't make up the ground, I really hope the Islanders can get that 8 seed. Jersey sucks, Winnipeg sucks, and we definitely suck. I really have no idea how we've picked up these last three wins without Vanek, Leino, and Pominville. The energy has been pretty good but the talent is in way over their heads. Brian Flynn probably had the most ice time of all our forwards today, besides Ott, and John Scott played career-high minutes. Miller has been great, lately, which is certainly helping.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pominville looked real solid last night.. had a real tasty pass to Suter for an assist and also scored later in the game.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as much as it pains me to say it, i didn't hate raffi torres yesterday.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season has been incredibly frustrating. I just can't understand why Cleary and Abdelkader receive so much ice time with top players. I like the effort and intensity they bring, but they're both offensively incompetent at this point.

If Babcock wants a big body with Datsyuk then why not try Andersson? He can at least stay on his feet, unlike Abby. And where is hell is Tatar? I know he needs to develop his defensive game, but I don't see how he's going to do that while tearing up the AHL. I thought he provided the Wings with a spark when he was in the lineup.

The next two games (Sharks & Hawks) are huge.

Last edited by TimD : 04-08-2013 at 09:42 AM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

There are a lot of deep, systematic teams in the West, so trying to spread talent and ensure defensive responsibility doesn't seem like the worst idea, if you can do it efficiently. I haven't watched them enough but I'm guessing it's not the case. Not too surprising given the roster.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Go Flames Go!

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I have pretty much accepted that Colorado desperately needs and will likely be rewarded with Seth Jones. Florida, meanwhile, will find themselves out of a top-3 pick, which everybody will probably be okay with.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I have pretty much accepted that Colorado desperately needs and will likely be rewarded with Seth Jones. Florida, meanwhile, will find themselves out of a top-3 pick, which everybody will probably be okay with.
Jones would be awesome, but I'd be just as psyched with Drouin. We'd still need an EJ partner and a real coach, but otherwise our core would be set for years. He'll I'd then even use our 2014 first round pick to try and get a partner for EJ that could play with him for years.

Drouin-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Downie
McGinn-Stastny-Jones/Sgarbossa
Bordeleau-Mitchell-McCleod/Olver

XX - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
O'Brien - Wilson/Elliott

Varly

and we'd be back in the playoffs.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

And I still won't care you ***** ass red wings fan.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: