Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-31-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I still want a defensive and. Wouldn't complain about a corner.
I do as well I just think the value of getting Trufant or Rhodes at 30 is far superior than the caliber of DE we would get at 30.

Wouldnt mind making a play for Werner if he falls. Reminds me alot of Patrick Kerny.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather see the Falcons go offense in the first. I'm ok with most positions as long as they take a good player, but I like seeing a dominant offense. Scoring lots of points is a good way to help the defense. Tavon Austin pls.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:33 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'd rather see the Falcons go offense in the first. I'm ok with most positions as long as they take a good player, but I like seeing a dominant offense. Scoring lots of points is a good way to help the defense. Tavon Austin pls.
So everything that caused us to fail last season you dont want to improve on?
A 17-0 lead due to a dominant offense only to be squandered away by vanilla defense, gets us no where. Yes the offense stalled as well but if we had any defense whatsoever we play in a superbowl.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
So everything that caused us to fail last season you dont want to improve on?
A 17-0 lead due to a dominant offense only to be squandered away by vanilla defense, gets us no where. Yes the offense stalled as well but if we had any defense whatsoever we play in a superbowl.
Austin would potentially make the Falcons better at passing, running and special teams. Drafting him doesn't mean the Falcons couldn't get better on defense. We're only talking about one pick in the Draft.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Austin would potentially make the Falcons better at passing, running and special teams. Drafting him doesn't mean the Falcons couldn't get better on defense. We're only talking about one pick in the Draft.
I love Tavon as a prospect. One of my favorites, but for us to draft him would be a luxury. Esp as he would be a #3 receiver and wouldnt have that playmaker role in our offense. We already have so many weapons to get the ball to. Adding him would be a waste, we simply need a serviceable slot guy and Harry has fine at that role.

Id much rather add to our mediocre defense. Our offense was top 5 in the league and just got better with SJ39. So we need defense, we just lost 2 starting corners and a DE.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We would have to be idiots to take Austin in the first. And I like him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We would have to be idiots to take Austin in the first. And I like him.
I concur to the fullest.

You watched more ACC than I have Bama, whats your take on Rhodes? Any chance he makes it to 30?
Old 04-01-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly doubt it. If he would have progressed some with his ball skills he would be a top 10 lock. Honestly, I think he's far more likely to go top ten than to drop to 30.

I'm hoping for Trufant. There is a cluster of CBs after him who seem to be ranked in that same area between Alford, Hayden, Poyer, Ryan, etc.. I'm just really hoping we don't go TE. I hate planning for the future (if it is sacrificing the present). A first round TE would be lucky to hit 40 receptions as a rookie. Honestly, I would rather have Austin than Eifert.

CB/ DE all the way IMO. Would have LT as a possibility but we have that position locked up. Smh.

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 04-01-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets just improve the offense and draft a QB is the first.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Eddie Lacy to FB IMHO.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Bama were on the same page exactly. I like Eifert as a player and TE just need to win now and really bolster the defense.

My worry is I see 3 elite CBs this year and Im afraid picking at 30 we wont land one. If that happens I feel we miss out on the top DEs as well.

I like Tank, Werner, Okafor for our scheme. Tank I think is the best to take at 30 (Werner should be gone) and a little early for Okafor.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I always heard the name corey lemonier a lot when watching Auburn games, but never thought of him as a first round pick. However, a lot of people apparently like him. I wonder if we do.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I always heard the name corey lemonier a lot when watching Auburn games, but never thought of him as a first round pick. However, a lot of people apparently like him. I wonder if we do.
Hes too small IMO to make an impact at DE. Hed be great in a 3-4 defense as a rush LB. I really wish we ran a 3-4 but I like the 4-2-5 as well.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Nolan likes to switch it up... will be interesting to see what type of players we target in the front 7.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I said before, I don't think Mike Nolan will pay too much attention where a player fits. He'll find a place to play him if he can get to the QB.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-03-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You signed Brian Banks, glad he is getting a shot somewhere.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

If he's in shape, there is a chance he could make the roster as a special teams player. Still, very unlikely but I like that we're giving him a shot. Would be a good story tho.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-04-2013, 05:46 AM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
On board with you Halsey!! The offense was shut out in the 2nd half vs SF. I sustained scoring drive would have turned the game in the Falcons favor.

I would rather see a potential Pro Bowl player added on Offense than a rotational DE.

Now if we can get an elite level CB or DE that would be better, but I doubt the draft falls that way.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

We got shut down because we were playing the best D in the league. Plus a matt ryan fumble. And we still had the game on the ten yard line.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Cant believe we cut clabo. Maybe we can re-sign abtaham now. Do we have faith in holmes?

Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm surprised we cut Clabo as well. If it took this long, then you gotta wonder the FO had a real hard time letting him go. I know 2012 wasn't his best year but damn who plays RT now? Big question.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-04-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Ya pretty shocked about Clabo. That leaves a big hole. Don't really understand the reasoning
Old 04-04-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Supposedly to re-sign Matty Ice.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Who would have thought a year ago that we'd sign Baker to a long contract extension and cut Tyson Clabo. Wow. I guess Garrett Reynolds will get a hard look at RT since that's what he played at college.

The only "tackles" left on the roster are Baker and Holmes.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Who would have thought a year ago that we'd sign Baker to a long contract extension and cut Tyson Clabo. Wow. I guess Garrett Reynolds will get a hard look at RT since that's what he played at college.

The only "tackles" left on the roster are Baker and Holmes.
and Mike Johnson... who played LT in college.,

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote