Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-04-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet Auburn throws the book at them. And by the book I mean the Bible, the only book you're allowed to read at Auburn.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll probably still have a verdict before Miami...

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, but I just don't believe that someone like Selena Roberts is out to get Auburn. What's more believable: Former Auburn players regret telling her what they did and are trying to save face or that Selena Roberts made the whole thing up for some website views?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
They'll probably still have a verdict before Miami...
Go take some more players/recruits out on the yacht : )

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Sorry, but I just don't believe that someone like Selena Roberts is out to get Auburn. What's more believable: Former Auburn players regret telling her what they did and are trying to save face or that Selena Roberts made the whole thing up for some website views?
I believe it's a mix. She's pulled some nasty bs before by leading the media witch hunt at duke over the made up lacrosse rape.

She has very questionable integrity after that.

I'm not one to defend the extremely corrupt SEC, but there are lots of accusations in that story that have no way of being proven. Lots of weak sauce stuff as far as evidence goes. All very plausible and believable. But most of it is not provable which makes for a better story but that's about it.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I believe it's a mix. She's pulled some nasty bs before by leading the media witch hunt at duke over the made up lacrosse rape
One of the worst "epic fails" by media and police officials ever.

They were ready to lynch those duke guys in the 1st minute.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
she can easily put the rumors to rest if she releases the interviews she has with the former players. but she wont. (???) pretty simple if you ask me. til she does that its he said - she said and wont go anywhere.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be shocked that this actually happened. I'd be more surprised if anything actually comes of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:54 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I wouldn't be shocked that this actually happened. I'd be more surprised if anything actually comes of this.
Exactly my sentiments. We all know about the corruption in college sports and SEC football is the worst offender. I think they said it pretty well on PTI today. This SHOULD be a big deal, but in reality it isn't because realistically we know nothing of significance will come of it and we know Auburn isn't even the only or the worst offender.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:19 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
- http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1491490 heres a free story with mike blanc, on what happened
"HAVE YOU TALKED TO DARVIN, OR OTHER PLAYERS QUOTED IN THE STORY? "I haven't spoken to Darvin. The only one I've talked to is Antoine Carter. Antoine Carter basically told me, what he was basically saying, was that she basically was trying to get us to agree on stuff that other people told her, what Mike told her. All those quotes in there are not true. I've seen that other players have come forward saying their quotes aren't true, too.
"

Basically, what basically happened is basic.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:57 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
No recruiting ethics and non-existent academic standards in SEC football. Color me shocked. But as someone else mentioned, the NCAA is as corrupt as anyone, so what can you do.

North Carolina is in the SEC?

The only reason things like that don't get attention is because they don't win.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Selena Roberts career has been at a free-fall after the Duke lacrosse BS and A-Rod stories. She went from writing for SI and the New York Times to essentially blogging. I'd also like to remind you all that a few years ago she accused Auburn of funneling money to players through Chette Williams, the team's chaplain. Nothing materialized there either.

Do you want to know why this entire story is BS? The whole thing started as a story about Mike McNeil, one of the 4 who has convicted of armed robbery a few years back. McNeil is scheduled to go on trial in a weeks time and faces up to 15 years in prison. You dont think that it is coincidence that this story drops (painting Auburn as a place where racism, police brutality, lack of institutional control, etc. are all rampant) a week before this kid is set to go on trial is a coincidence? McNeil is eager to help his case in any way...they are trying to play it off as Auburn's "cancerous environment" helped lead him to commit the crimes he eventually committed. No different than a murderer or serial killer trying to plea insanity.

The players interviewed were all told they were being interviewed about Mike McNeil. So somehow along the way, a story about whether McNeil was a good guy or not turned into all sorts of accusations involving cheating, grade changing, racism, police profiling, etc? Most of the players quoted have already claimed that their quotes were misplaced or worded in a way to make it appear like they were agreeing to something. The rest is accusations by McNeil himself.

This isn't new. A former player who's life/career went the wrong way making accusations either for payment, or vengeance, or whatever. Do you guys remember the HBO "Pay to Play" special from 2011 which featured a bunch of failed ex-Auburn players making similar claims? That story featured credible individuals such as:

Stanley McClover - productive DE who entered the draft early after everyone at Auburn told him not to, ended up a late 7th round pick and washing out of the NFL quickly. Blew what little money he made on strippers and other stupid ****. Former teammates claimed that he was a habitual liar.

Chaz Ramsey: promising lineman who suffered a career ending back injury at Auburn and then proceeded to try and sue the OL coach, the S&T coach, the trainers, the school, and pretty much anyone he could think of because he felt that someone else was at fault for his injury. Nothing has come from any of these legal battles.

Nothing will come from these latest accusations because they are the words of a writer with little credibility and a former player who has the credibility of a man facing 15 years in prison for armed robbery.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
North Carolina is in the SEC?

The only reason things like that don't get attention is because they don't win.
When did I ever say that it was exclusively limited to the SEC?