Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 04-04-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coleman is basically here to help Cam and Akiem adjust, especially since he knows Ryans system hands down. And McCown was a training camp guy last year iirc, so he knows the play book.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if you guys have twitter or follow me on it but I'm participating in Mock Five, a twitter community mock draft where some of the best draft analysts go head-to-head to have the best draft for their team. Well, I'm the Saints (obviously) and this is my draft so far:

1.15 - WR Tavon Austin, WVU
3.13 - OLB Jamie Collins, Southern Miss

I'll keep y'all posted as to how the other picks go

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Our defense was so bad it is hard to see us taking Austin. BUT man , he, Graham, Sproles and Colston together I don't know how any other teams could stop them and if they did cover them somebody is wide open somewhere. Only way we could be stopped is if the O-line can't give Brees 2 seconds. Maybe with the new D coach , scheme and other new adds they might go for Austin. I read a blurb that this is a potential hot spot trade for Austin as well.
aregand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of the best DEs and OLBs, outside of Jarvis Jones, were taken and Austin was on the board. I debated for a minute since no one was willing to trade up and decided to take a game changer in Austin rather than a DE like Jones. It paid off since I was able to get Collins in the 3rd.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-07-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'm also the GM of the Saints in the 5 Rounds in 5 Days draft that broth is sponsoring on blogtalkradio.

So far in that draft here's what I've done:

Trade: Traded Mark Ingram to the Steelers for a 3rd round pick

Round 1 - DE Bjoern Werner, FSU
Round 3 - WR Quinton Patton, La Tech
Round 3 - NT Montori Hughes, Tennessee-Martin
Round 4 - OT Jordan Mills, La Tech

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-07-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm also the GM of the Saints in the 5 Rounds in 5 Days draft that broth is sponsoring on blogtalkradio.

I love getting a 3rd for ingram and i like Mills in the fourth, im okay with werner and pretty much hate the patton and hughes pick. Dont think Hughes is as good as he is ranked at all and I dont think a generic posession receiver like patton merits a third rounder tbqh. The only reason people like him as much as they do is because he played in the most ridiculously pass heavy offense ever.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Update on who all I've drafted so far in the twitter Mock Five draft:

Rd 1 - WR Tavon Austin, WVU
Rd 3 - LB Jamie Collins, Southern Miss
Rd 5 - OT Reid Fragel, Ohio State
Rd 5 - WR Tavarres King, Georgia
Rd 5 - CB Brandon McGee, Miami
Rd 6 - [yet to be picked]

I traded my 4th rounder for two early 5th rounders, btw. Yeah, I know, two wide receivers but I like both Austin and King and think they are more talented than anyone not named Lance Moore or Marques Colston that we have on the roster.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-07-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be the Saints GM for the last forum mock this year. I will be attempting to trade down in the first and to trade Ingram for the right price.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Update on who all I've drafted so far in the twitter Mock Five draft:

Rd 1 - WR Tavon Austin, WVU
Rd 3 - LB Jamie Collins, Southern Miss
Rd 5 - OT Reid Fragel, Ohio State
Rd 5 - WR Tavarres King, Georgia
Rd 5 - CB Brandon McGee, Miami
Rd 6 - [yet to be picked]

I traded my 4th rounder for two early 5th rounders, btw. Yeah, I know, two wide receivers but I like both Austin and King and think they are more talented than anyone not named Lance Moore or Marques Colston that we have on the roster.
i dont have a draftworthy grade on king, like absolutely nothing about his game so that pick i absolutely hate. I like your trade and i like colllins in the third. Not nuts about austin but i guess if we get collins in the third it does make up for some of it. I love the fragel pick though.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-08-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

Curious where Tavon Austin went in this draft.
aregand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...3-fbe5a246a8d8

I'd rather make sure Devery Henderson was under contract first.

Last edited by CJSchneider : 04-08-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Here's the finished product lf both dradts:

5 Rounds in 5 Days
1. Bjoern Werner
3. Quinton Patton
3. Montori Hughes
4. Jordan Mills
5. Quanterrus Smith

Mock Five:
1. Tavon Austin
3. Jamie Collins
5. Reid Fragel
5. Tavarres King
5. Brandon McGee
6. Ryan Griffin

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-11-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...9-e1a2b5634b79

We just signed Jason Smith. I think this is an excellent signing.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...9-e1a2b5634b79

We just signed Jason Smith. I think this is an excellent signing.
a bit of a gamble but a damn good one iyam

also heard that Hicks was going to split time between end and nose which suprised me a great deal. Would mean that Smith is starting as of right now.

Always assumed wed just go Jordan-Bunkley-Hicks, really dont know why the hll youd even want to do somethin else

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-14-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
a bit of a gamble but a damn good one iyam

also heard that Hicks was going to split time between end and nose which suprised me a great deal. Would mean that Smith is starting as of right now.

Always assumed wed just go Jordan-Bunkley-Hicks, really dont know why the hll
youd even want to do somethin else
I think you might be confusing which Jason Smith this is. This is the former second-overall pick from the 2009 NFL Draft from Baylor. He's an offensive tackle who never quite lived up to his expectations with the Rams and was shipped off to the Jets last season.

Hopefully, he can resurrect his career here in New Orleans and live up to his lofty draft status.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do y'all think of this? The Jets might be wanting to trade with the Saints for restricted free agent running back Chris Ivory.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-ivory-sources

Here's a link from NOLA.com about the same story.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ory_visit.html

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Last edited by Saints Dome Patrol : 04-14-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Added more information to post
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
I think you might be confusing which Jason Smith this is. This is the former second-overall pick from the 2009 NFL Draft from Baylor. He's an offensive tackle who never quite lived up to his expectations with the Rams and was shipped off to the Jets last season.

Hopefully, he can resurrect his career here in New Orleans and live up to his lofty draft status.
not confused, just spend most of my post on the hicks "news", the smith i refer to in my post is will, not jason

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get a 4th or a 5th and 7th for Ivory, I say do it in a heartbeat.

Im still not on the Werner bandwagon.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
If we get a 4th or a 5th and 7th for Ivory, I say do it in a heartbeat.

Im still not on the Werner bandwagon.
I say we hold to our 2nd round tender and if we get that i would be a great place for a pick or if we could somehow work out a contract deal with what we have i say we trade that 2nd for Albert from the Chiefs.

I agree with you on Werner. I would much rather have someone else. And what's with all this lets take Patterson or Austin all of a sudden? I would much rather trade down or take the best defensive player at 15 than take a receiver.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

saffold wants to be traded as well, wouldnt be a bad pickup

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The Saints signed Seneca Wallace! He spend all of last year out of football! Rejoice!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...orleans-saints

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
The Saints signed Seneca Wallace! He spend all of last year out of football! Rejoice!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...orleans-saints
He was staying active though. I even have some of his workout tape.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Saints schedule:

9/8 vs. Falcons noon
9/15 at Bucs 3:05pm
9/22 vs. Cardinals noon
9/30 (MNF) vs. Dolphins 7:40pm
10/6 at Bears noon
10/13 at Patriots 3:25pm
BYE
10/27 vs. Bills noon
11/3 at Jets noon
11/10 vs. Cowboys 7:30pm (Sunday night game)
11/17 vs. 49ers 3:25pm
11/21 at Falcons 7:25pm
12/2 at Seahawks 7:40pm
12/8 vs. Panthers noon
12/15 at Rams noon
12/22 at Panthers noon
12/29 vs. Bucs noon

Not too bad. Could conceivably get out to a 6-0 start before the bye. Hate the brutal stretch of SF, @ATL, @SEA.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-19-2013, 05:45 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I'm predicting a 11-5 /10-6 at this point.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'm predicting a 11-5 /10-6 at this point.
i feel like that's extremely optimistic considering the Saints offensive line changes and terrible defense.