Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-29-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My two dream scenarios:

1) We do an Atlanta Falcons and make a trade with the Bills for the 8th pick and draft Eric Fisher/Lane Johnson

2) We trade back for the Bills 2nd rounder and draft BPA, and with our 2nd round pick we draft Schwenke out of Cal.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posted this over in the Mock Draft forum in response to Robcards 7 rounder. I'd be pretty happy with this result:

Quote:
Rd1 Jesse Williams
Rd2 Gavin Escobar
Rd3 Terrence Williams
Rd4 Chase Thomas
Rd5a Brennan Williams
Rd5b Zac Stacy
Rd6 Micah Hyde
Rd7 Quanterus Smith

I think Williams/Escobar helps the team more than Eifert/Hunt. Just not a believer in Hunt.

Terrence Williams definitely needs some refinement but has the ability to make plays on the ball downfield. Rodgers has shown he wil give his outside receivers chances even if covered and Terrence can make those plays. He wouldn't have to contribute right away but could soften the blow of likely losing Jones after next season.

Chase Thomas provides needed depth at OLB and maybe even ILB.

Brennan Williams is a value pick here. Starter upside and lots of questions at LT.

Zac Stacy is a good fit in the zone scheme. Could be a steal.

Micah Hyde as developmental FS.

Quanterus Smith has too much potential to pass on in favor of a kicker. I think the competition talk for Crosby is more lip service/motivational tactics than actually interest in replacing him
Old 04-07-2013, 04:51 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that would be pretty awesome. Only other thing I could possibly see is a QB late. I would also be a fan of trading down out of the first to acquire an additional 2nd-4th selection.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I did in the "5 rounds in 5 days" forum mock. Personally, i'm not a huge fan and think I could've done better. I went in focusing too much on getting help on defense instead of just going BPA like I would normally do.

1. Johnathan Cyprien, FS, Florida International
2. John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
3. Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn
4. Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
5. Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
5. Nick Becton, OT, Virginia Tech
5. Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State

My favorite picks were Christine Michael and Nick Becton. Both have potential to be very good players and they both fill needs, with Michael probably being able to start from day 1.

It was only 5 rounds, but if it had gone on longer I would've looked to add Mario Benavides and Dustin Hopkins/Caleb Sturgis with our last two picks.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-07-2013 at 04:11 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't beat yourself up, SP. Cyprien and Becton are my favorite selections and overall you did well.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's with the Jesse Williams love all of a sudden? I don't think he's anything special. I get that he's got versatility in a 3-4 scheme to play end or NT, which is an especially valuable trait in our brand of 3-4, but he also brings absolutely nothing as a pass rusher and is essentially a two-down player. You can get a 2 down NT/run-stuffed 3-4 DE in the 4th round. What's the point of his versatility position wise when all he brings is run stuffing?

I would like him in the 4th, I'd probably cry if we took him in the first or second.

I'm also wondering if we don't take a swing at Ogletree if he drops to us. I get that character concerns aren't TT's thing but there have been a couple times he's looked past it when talent is there in spades. I know we think ILB won't happen now that Jones was resigned.. which is exactly why I think it might. And Ogletree is a special talent that would be a lock for the top 15 if not for said character concerns.

It will definitely be an interesting draft.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ogletree has zero chance of happening. We already pay Bishop, Hawk and Jones a good deal of money, and all three won't see the field at the same time; much less add a first round pick to the mix.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Ogletree has zero chance of happening. We already pay Bishop, Hawk and Jones a good deal of money, and all three won't see the field at the same time; much less add a first round pick to the mix.
I agree it wouldn't make sense.. but I always fear we'll do the senseless. Then again, that all really stems from the Harrell first round pick. Do we want Joe Staley? Nah, let's draft an injured DT from Tennessee. Argh! (Granted the Staley pick only makes sense in hindsight.) Since then it's been pretty logical, though.

Regardless, I don't get the love for NTs this year in the first. Unless Star dropped to us, which would be so, so awesome, any NT in the first would disappoint me. I don't want to draft a d-lineman with only one sack (Hankins and Jesse) or with a lackluster motor (Sylvester.)

Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Regardless, I don't get the love for NTs this year in the first. Unless Star dropped to us, which would be so, so awesome, any NT in the first would disappoint me. I don't want to draft a d-lineman with only one sack (Hankins and Jesse) or with a lackluster motor (Sylvester.)
I don't love many of the nose tackle options either. Brandon Williams in the 2nd round is probably my favorite.

Sylvester Williams would be more of a five technique for us, and I wouldn't say he has a questionable motor because he is one of the hardest working players in this entire draft; he struggled this past season making the "statistical play". He often disrupted plays but didn't make the tackle as much as he probably should've.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell me what you think about this scenario...

I think Geno Smith will still be available around our 1st round pick and I think Buffalo might be willing to trade up to get him at that point... so if we could land that by them trading us their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

2a. Menelik Watson, OT
2b. Le'Veon Bell, RB
3a. Brian Schwenke, OC
3b. Kiko Alonso, ILB
4. Vance McDonald, TE
5a. Aaron Mellette, WR
5b. Quinton Dial, DE
6. Earl Wolff, S
7. Dan Buckner, WR

Just let me know what you think about the players I picked.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
Tell me what you think about this scenario...

I think Geno Smith will still be available around our 1st round pick and I think Buffalo might be willing to trade up to get him at that point... so if we could land that by them trading us their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

2a. Menelik Watson, OT
2b. Le'Veon Bell, RB
3a. Brian Schwenke, OC
3b. Kiko Alonso, ILB
4. Vance McDonald, TE
5a. Aaron Mellette, WR
5b. Quinton Dial, DE
6. Earl Wolff, S
7. Dan Buckner, WR

Just let me know what you think about the players I picked.
I don't see the value in Watson, who is solely a RT imo. Bell reminds me of James Starks, albeit not as upright of a runner, and I'm not sure why we'd go for another player of that type.

Alonso is a guy I like talent wise but he has major red flags character and health wise.

I like McDonald in the 4th a LOT.

The later guys are always a crapshoot, so won't judge them too much.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The Packers have scheduled a visit with Princeton DE Mike Catapano in the near future.

Packers beat writer Bob McGinn notes that the Packers visits have focused on likely undrafted free agents or players with medical questions. We don't know of any red flags in Catapano's injury history, but there is a chance he is not selected in the sixth- or seventh-round. His hips are a bit tight for an edge rusher, but Catapano has a very strong upper body.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Catapano has been compared to Aaron Kampman by some.
Not sure if that's a good thing or bad because A) Kampman was great.
B) In a 4-3 defense.

Prince not only do we pay Bishop, Hawk, and Brad Jones at ILB, we also like DJ Smith... if he can come back this year from his injury.

I do really think we could upgrade EACH of those guys, a lot though, starting with the dude from K-State.... Arthur Brown.

But they have enough ILB's they apparently liked.... I don't know what they thought they saw versus Kaepernick. I feel we got no better vs him as the game went on. Was it all scheme?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I think Rashaan Melvin (CB, Northern Illinois) is a name we're going to have to remember as a late round draft pick or undrafted free agent for this team.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:55 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I REALLY hope TT doesn't fall in love with Teo. We know Ted's obsession for linebackers and linebackers like Teo
Old 04-11-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I REALLY hope TT doesn't fall in love with Teo. We know Ted's obsession for linebackers and linebackers like Teo
AGREE 100%, plus remember there are those rumors of Manti's sexuality, and there are more than "rumors" about Teddy.

I'd puke in my mouth if we took him, although I firmly believe our ILBs (without Bishop) are so subpar, a lot of college guys could upgrade it. But they are playing Hawk, Bish, and Brad Jones already.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
AGREE 100%, plus remember there are those rumors of Manti's sexuality, and there are more than "rumors" about Teddy.
Lolwat??? I love you J-Mike, but one of your stranger posts.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Lolwat??? I love you J-Mike, but one of your stranger posts.
He's referring to the speculation in the past that TT is homosexual.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
He's referring to the speculation in the past that TT is homosexual.
Right thanks.... but I don't think it's really even "speculation" anymore compared to "assumed".... regardless, ironic that we heard about questions about Manti's sexuality.....

486, Have I not had other stranger posts? lol
Old 04-15-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Here's what I've manage to do in the final forum mock so far

26 (26). DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
25 (55). Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
26 (88). Phillip Thomas, Safety, Fresno State
25 (122). Ryan Jensen, T/G/C, Colorado State-Pueblo

26 (159). Green Bay Packers
34 (167). Green Bay Packers (compensatory selection)
25 (193). Green Bay Packers
26 (232). Green Bay Packers

Old 04-15-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

Were/Are our problems mostly on offense or defense?
I thought our offense was still pretty damn good.

But if those guys are the clear BPA, we'll take it... only time will tell though as always.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Were/Are our problems mostly on offense or defense?
I thought our offense was still pretty damn good.

But if those guys are the clear BPA, we'll take it... only time will tell though as always.
Our offense was pretty good, but looking to this next season and beyond, we'll have to replenish our receiving corp, try to get a guy we can rely on as a #1 back and depth along the offensive line is always a must.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Teddy almost always drafts 1-3 guys who WE have never heard of, or imagined.

PF, throw out some of the many no-names who could possibly be that guy this time.

James Jones and Mike Neal were nowhere in anyone's mind when they were chosen, and high.

Then some later guys as well.

I'm tired now, need sleep.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:00 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

First I'd look at the official visits

DE/OLB Andy Mulumba, Eastern Michigan

WR Eric Rogers, Cal Lutheran

FB Kyle Juszczyk, Harvard

CB Rashaan Melvin, Northern Illinois

WR Charles Johnson, Grand Valley State

FB Ina Liaina, San Jose State

S Don Jones, Arkansas State

WR Kevin Dorsey, Maryland

G Lane Taylor, Oklahoma State

DE/OLB Nate Palmer, Illinois State

CB Jumal Rolle, Catawba

DE Mike Catapano, Princeton

RB Michael Hill, Missouri Western

C Patrick Lewis, Texas A&M

S Jakar Hamilton, South Carolina State

Players I like

Other names I would add:

QB Ryan Griffin, Tulane
FB Zach Line, Southern Methodist
TE Josh Hill, Idaho State
OL Ryan Jensen, Colorado State-Pueblo
OG Edmund Kugbila, Valdosta State
C Lamar Mady, Youngstown State
DT Nicholas Williams, Samford
DT Jared Smith, New Hampshire
LB Jayson DiManche, Southern Illinois
LB Brandon Hepburn, Florida A&M
CB Dax Swanson, Sam Houston State

Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

26 (159). Green Bay Packers
34 (167). Green Bay Packers (compensatory selection)
25 (193). Green Bay Packers
26 (232). Green Bay Packers
DeAndre Hopkins doesn't really light my world on fire, but I get the pick. Didn't really analyze how the forum draft went down, but I will pretty much stand by the Ted Thompson philosophy of taking the top player available or trading down. I'd probably prefer a trade out of the 1st in this draft unless somebody unexpectedly falls, but I wouldn't be upset with Hopkins as I think he'd benefit us now and even more so in the future.

I'm with you with on Johnathan Franklin. I think he's a great all around back who can be the main guy leaving Harris as a change of pace.

Thomas is obviously a risk given the injury, but he seemed to come back strong and could be a steal...love the pick.

I'll admit I don't know much about Jensen, but if he can play every spot on the line that would add some great depth and Ted definitely likes versatile guys.

Overall a good job. Probably grade it at B or B+ without looking at who else was available at those picks. Hopefully you can grab a pass rusher and developmental QB later.