Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-07-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGary is a good college player, but I don't see him being a good pro. He's 6'10", overweight, and not a good athlete. He's undersized to play center, and he's too slow to play power forward.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
McGary is a good college player, but I don't see him being a good pro. He's 6'10", overweight, and not a good athlete. He's undersized to play center, and he's too slow to play power forward.

Worked out just fine for this guy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Works out for a lot of different body types. Not sure why McGary wouldn't be considered a good athlete, just the opposite.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Kevin Love is much more athletic than McGary. Also, he's much more skilled. Comparing Kevin Love to Mitch McGary has no basis in reality.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not trying to say that McGary is as good as Kevin Love yet but to say Love is a better athlete might be the craziest thing I've seen in a while.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Love actually tested out very well athletically during the pre-draft process. The most important factor is that Love's skill level is worlds ahead of McGary's, though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGary is nothing like Love at all. Kerr's David Lee comparison was actually pretty good, although Lee is a better athlete.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Not trying to say that McGary is as good as Kevin Love yet but to say Love is a better athlete might be the craziest thing I've seen in a while.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l_5Nz0Tg-E

Kevin Love has more vertical explosiveness.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
McGary is nothing like Love at all. Kerr's David Lee comparison was actually pretty good, although Lee is a better athlete.
I never said he was, I was just making a point of alleged unathletic bigger guys not being successful. I do think McGary is a better defender than Lee, not that it takes much.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Love also had to lose weight to take his game to the next level. That being said, McGary will never be close to good as Love (who is one of the most skilled 4's I've ever seen).
Old 04-07-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mitch mcgary's FT % is baffling considering he shows nice form on his foul line jumpers

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Lee is a much better athlete. I just think that the team who drafts McGary will be sorry. His athleticism is well below average for an NBA power forward. He has some skill on offense, but he still has a ways to go.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...power-forwards

Of the top 20 scoring power forwards, I think you can make the case that he isn't more athletic than any of them.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Lee is a much better athlete. I just think that the team who drafts McGary will be sorry. His athleticism is well below average for an NBA power forward. He has some skill on offense, but he still has a ways to go.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...power-forwards

Of the top 20 scoring power forwards, I think you can make the case that he isn't more athletic than any of them.
I guess it all depends on how you measure athleticism for a basketball player. I'd give Lee an advantage getting off the floor and maybe end to end but I'd go with McGary as far as having better hands and lateral quickness.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I guess it all depends on how you measure athleticism for a basketball player. I'd give Lee an advantage getting off the floor and maybe end to end but I'd go with McGary as far as having better hands and lateral quickness.
I just can't see him matching up with guys like LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Chris Bosh, etc.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
mitch mcgary's FT % is baffling considering he shows nice form on his foul line jumpers
Yeah I was pretty surprised to see that too. He is probably doing something different but really subtle at the line for him to have that poor of a % despite good form. It is all about routine so if he doesn't take the same bounces or holds it differently everytime, it could be a problem.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
That is what you call: court vision.
My favorite was his steal and lay up in the same jump off the inbounds pass. Think it was against Florida.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is definitely going to be a good game.

Trey needs to take care of the ball vs. that L'ville press though. That is where it all begins. If he handles the ball well, and gets the ball moving in their offense to get the 3's going, then they can easily play with them.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-08-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Is the Fab5 reuniting tonite?? Or C-Webb refusing.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Is the Fab5 reuniting tonite?? Or C-Webb refusing.
I heard Webber was dragging his feet.

How ironic if this bunch could do something the famous 5 couldn't do. That would be kind of sweet.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's fairly obvious that Webber gives approximately zero ***** about the school. I think that if he shows up, it'll be because Jalen talked him into it.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I don't know why we should even expect it, C-Webb never shows up in big games.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know why we should even expect it, C-Webb never shows up in big games.
Wait, timeout.....

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Wait, timeout.....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Michigan fans are pretty split on Webber coming back, but I'd really like to see him there tonight. I don't expect him to show, but it'd be awesome seeing the five of them cheering on this team.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGary will be a solid big off the bench. Not a world beater or full-time starter.