Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-08-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My ratings!

Miz/Wade- *
Shield vs Orton/Sheamus/Beeg- **3/4
Henry/Ryback- 1/2*
Tag titles- **3/4
Jericho/Fandango- **3/4
ADR/Swagger- **1/2
Taker/Punk- ****1/2
Brock/HHH- **
Cena/Rock- **

Changed two from previous grade that I gave it, but bah. The last two matches were such a goddamn mess, and Henry/Ryback was sooooooo disappointing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
So many reasons NOT to do this.

1) Cena does all of their make-a-wish stuff, a ton of their stuff with the troops, most of the work with their sponsors, etc. Wouldnt be able to if he turned heel.

2) He's already the top heel. Match him up against any face, that face is going to get more support going against Cena than they would against any heel. He turned Punk into the top babyface he was for almost a year with the feud they had. Yea, Punk being awesome helped, but Punk being anti-Cena made it 100x more effective.

3) All turning him would do is get the people that are booing him to cheer him, and get the kids/women that are cheering him to boo him. Would get CM Punk reactions, which does absolutely nothing.

Tweak his character? Sure. Thats fine. But just turning him into a villain because we're bored of him would be catastrophic, and would only result in assholes like us cheering him instead, completely killing the entire point of it.
This is all fine and good, but I just want his character to be interesting, and Cena has proven to be a much more interesting heel. The rest is a business decision, and as I don't own WWE stock I don't really care about that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
......How? That match was a piece of ****.
I would watch twenty minutes of Brock growling at people.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Also, the big problem with face Cena is that there's nothing left for him to do. Who do you put him into a program with now that would even be remotely new or interesting? Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX would be great, but what fills the time?

Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was the first time I've watched a Wrestlemania live, and this was also the first time I've watched non-youtube wrestling since like, 2002. Came in halfway through Jericho/Fandingo, so thoughts from a noob:

- Jericho/Fandingo was confusing. Why do we care about the lame Dancing With the Stars wrestler? Jericho used to be awesome. Is he no longer that way?

- Del Rio/Swagger was, boring? I don't know anything about these two guys. I felt like Swagger should have been more racist. Just own that ****. But instead the lame guy from Jumanji did all of the talking. Sweet stache, though.

- Undertaker/Punk was the best match of the night for me. Even though it was predictable, Punk made a pretty stale night interesting with all of the mocking and Macho Man references. CM Punk needs to do something about that swamp ass.

- Brock/HHH was... a thing I guess. I found it interesting how the match was sponsored by Jimmy John's and maybe Jack Link's Beef Jerky? All I could really focus on was how ridiculous Brock looked wearing the MMA gear and how he has ridiculously tiny chicken legs. He has hipster/skinny jeans legs.

- Rock/Cena: My goodness was this whole match boring. From the entrances to the butt slapping afterwards. The entire match was just finishing moves getting reversed and finishing moves getting kicked out of. I was at a small party and basically everyone there was on their phones the whole match. That guy that walked out under the name "Rock" seemed more like Dewayne Johnson to me. Where's the attitude?

- The announcing was uninteresting. Where is Jim Ross these days?

- The fans were stale, but I can't say I blame them.

- Diddy was Diddy. Wait, why was Diddy there? Why didn't Mase and hologram Biggie join him?

Anyways, these are just the 2 cents of a noob watching wrestling for the first time in a decade.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My new background on my computer (Although, we didn't get to see it on live on the broadcast)
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brock has a deal with Jimmy John's, Drew. So it gets awkward at times.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Also, the big problem with face Cena is that there's nothing left for him to do. Who do you put him into a program with now that would even be remotely new or interesting? Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX would be great, but what fills the time?
I think we'll get something to the effect of Cena/Rock/Orton vs. The Shield at Extreme Rules. Orton turns heel on Cena giving The Shield the win, and setting up Cena vs. Orton (cough cough) for the Summer.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

loving Cena's new shirt...not
http://shop.wwe.com/John-Cena-%22The...rrent-johncena

seriously, RTIME=NOW? The **** is that

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all in all that wasn't worth 70 bucks. glad shield and taker won.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
My ratings!

Miz/Wade- *
Shield vs Orton/Sheamus/Beeg- **3/4
Henry/Ryback- 1/2*
Tag titles- **3/4
Jericho/Fandango- **3/4
ADR/Swagger- **1/2
Taker/Punk- ****1/2
Brock/HHH- **
Cena/Rock- **

Changed two from previous grade that I gave it, but bah. The last two matches were such a goddamn mess, and Henry/Ryback was sooooooo disappointing.
Figured id do mine too, ill add small explanations though, just to overshadow yours because im better than you!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as the predictability, I really don't mind that. Predictable isn't bad to me. But the execution was pretty horrendous outside of the Punk/Taker match.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, pretty sure we all knew Trips would get his payback, Cena would win, Taker will win etc etc...I was just hoping for some excellent matches

IDK, it was alright. The set and everything was great but it didn't really feel like a WM to me. Nothing stood out much to me in this
Old 04-08-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of hte biggest problems I felt, as someone in the crowd was that it was way too long. People were tired by the main event and just burnt out.

The other issue I had was that there was no wildcard moment. There is usually at least one, and we got nothing.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rocky ******* over Vince.

Quote:
- There is said to be absolute panic at RAW this afternoon. Tonight's show was scheduled to build to a segment where Brock Lesnar beat up The Rock to set up a WrestleMania XXX main event.

The Rock is not at RAW and word going around is he went home. Vince McMahon and WWE writers and producers are busy re-doing the show and apparently the angle has been nixed.

Nobody knows any details as to what happened past that. The belief now is that Rock won't be appearing tonight.

- There is another major angle planned for tonight to set up John Cena's next title defense at Extreme Rules. it was something that has been planned for some time and was actually scheduled for WrestleMania last night.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with Cena turning heel is that some of the sick kids he sees are too young to know that matches and stories aren't real. If John tuns bad, it would have to be for a real short time.

A feud between Damian Sandow and Cody Rhodes would work for me. Sandow could say "Cody's IQ is only 130, so why did I befriend him anyway? That may be a high IQ compared to these common people in the WWE Universe, but compared to me, he's an ignoramous!"

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 04-08-2013 at 04:56 PM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
One of hte biggest problems I felt, as someone in the crowd was that it was way too long. People were tired by the main event and just burnt out.

The other issue I had was that there was no wildcard moment. There is usually at least one, and we got nothing.
I started tailgating early @ 11:30, so yeah, it was tough to not be burnt out. Seeing Taker-Punk live was worth every penny though. It was absolutely incredible.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I started tailgating early @ 11:30, so yeah, it was tough to not be burnt out. Seeing Taker-Punk live was worth every penny though. It was absolutely incredible.
how much you end up dropping total? I need a figure to start saving for next year.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
how much you end up dropping total? I need a figure to start saving for next year.
My tickets were $150 for decent seats. I think the cheapest available were $50ish. My tailgate & beer was $25 and I refuse to pay over $30 for a t shirt, so no additional expenses on merchandise.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
My tickets were $150 for decent seats. I think the cheapest available were $50ish. My tailgate & beer was $25 and I refuse to pay over $30 for a t shirt, so no additional expenses on merchandise.
waaaaaaay less than expected. who'd you buy tickets through?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
waaaaaaay less than expected. who'd you buy tickets through?
ticketmaster.....I bought them during the presale. If you wait until after it sells out and try stubhub, you will be completely ******.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
The problem with Cena turning heel is that some of the sick kids he sees are too young to know that matches and stories aren't real. If John tuns bad, it would have to be for a real short time.

A feud between Damian Sandow and Cody Rhodes would work for me. Sandow could say "Cody's IQ is only 130, so why did I befriend him anyway? That may be a high IQ compared to these common people in the WWE Universe, but compared to me, he's an ignoramous!"
Thats why he will be super Cena forever.
Doesnt matter if he is Heel or Face. He is horrible.
Same Sh*t every match.
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm going to watch the Mania broadcast now. Just watched the Hurricane Sandy intro....it's a shame they didn't have the crowd noise in the background....there was a pretty awesome "Sandy Sucks" chant.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob got any pics from last night?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Rob got any pics from last night?
Yeah, I'll upload them sometime this week. Just from my iphone though so nothing too great.