Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-07-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You guys have some great discussion going on in this thread. Been reading a few pages and I'm getting stuff out of it.

But damn man, can one of you take your team in the Forum mock??? One of the last 2 teams remaining w/out an owner. I'd hate giving them to a fan from another team.
Give them to me! I've never been Tampa before haha

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Give them to me! I've never been Tampa before haha
Already took em bud.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:41 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStriff27 View Post
Do none of you realize we currently have 1 QB on our roster?

Whether you like it or not, Tampa will be drafting a QB this year. Where in the draft remains to be seen, but it will happen. They arent going to pick up TWO slobs in FA. (Leinart, Clemens, etc.)

I have a feeling EJ Manuel might be headed to Tampa.
I do think we end up with a QB in the draft. Just don't see one before the 4th round. EJ I think will go top 10 of the second round.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also guys I'm starting to think that our 3rd round pick is for tyrann mathieu if he is still there.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I do think we end up with a QB in the draft. Just don't see one before the 4th round. EJ I think will go top 10 of the second round.
Don't be surprised if we take 1 earlier.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Orlovsky re-signed.

That puts the drafting a QB early debate to rest.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Orlovsky re-signed.

That puts the drafting a QB early debate to rest.
Not necessarily. I thought the release of Orlovsky showed that a QB signing or drafting was made obvious. But now that the QB that we picked up was Orlovsky, they obviously don't value him very much, if at all.

As I stated before, the 2009 Bucs signed Byron Leftwich partially as a smokescreen before they selected Josh Freeman... I hardly think re-siging a backup QB that they just cut proves anything.

I would prefer that the team stay away from all QBs from this class... rounds 1-4 anyways... and instead focus on improving the team on the field this season.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

I didn't think they were taking a QB early regardless of Orlovsky, definitely don't see them taking one early now. If you think thats a smokescreen I'd say you are overthinking it.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Thing is I think schiano is looking at a qb possibly in rounds 2 to 4. Someone who has upside that can come in and start. Someone like Tyler Wilson Tyler bray two guys both interviewed with schiano and staff.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't think they were taking a QB early regardless of Orlovsky, definitely don't see them taking one early now. If you think thats a smokescreen I'd say you are overthinking it.
I'm just saying is that I doubt it means anything.

Last edited by brasho : 04-09-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Thing is I think schiano is looking at a qb possibly in rounds 2 to 4. Someone who has upside that can come in and start. Someone like Tyler Wilson Tyler bray two guys both interviewed with schiano and staff.
I can't imagine that Tyler Bray will get a second look. If they think Freeman is inaccurate, aloof, and whatever else... they'll surely hate the inaccuracy, aloofness, and character of Bray.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I can't imagine that Tyler Bray will get a second look. If they think Freeman is inaccurate, aloof, and whatever else... they'll surely hate the inaccuracy, aloofness, and character of Bray.
I'm not saying I like bray. But in rounds 2 and 3 those two fit our offense and likely be there at that spot. Plus we interviewed Wilson both at the comine and senior bowl. Have to think there's some interest.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rick Stroud is reporting that Eric Wright has restructured his contract and will remain a Buccaneer.

Shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Looking like the 13th pick will go to the Jets. Which I don't mind if we do some things. In the second round draft Datone Jones can play inside and out. In the 3rd draft Tyrann Mathieu. In the 4th Marcus Lattimore and Kenny Stills.

Also sign John Abraham to a 1 year 4.5 million deal.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Looking like the 13th pick will go to the Jets. Which I don't mind if we do some things. In the second round draft Datone Jones can play inside and out. In the 3rd draft Tyrann Mathieu. In the 4th Marcus Lattimore and Kenny Stills.

Also sign John Abraham to a 1 year 4.5 million deal.
What makes the 13th pick going to the Jets any more likely today than in others?

With Wright back on board, trading for Revis becomes less of a priority.

I like Jones if he is there.

Abraham....why?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
What makes the 13th pick going to the Jets any more likely today than in others?

With Wright back on board, trading for Revis becomes less of a priority.

I like Jones if he is there.

Abraham....why?
In in agreement with you on Revis. Too much of a headache. However I think Dom does this trade. It pains me to see it happen but I think this move lands us a new gm next year.

I think we should focus o more zone coverage and get someone like Poyer and mathieu in the 2nd/3rd round.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
In in agreement with you on Revis. Too much of a headache. However I think Dom does this trade. It pains me to see it happen but I think this move lands us a new gm next year.

I think we should focus o more zone coverage and get someone like Poyer and mathieu in the 2nd/3rd round.
We'll see if we actually run more zone. It is definitely far easier to find players to play zone than man and if it is done well you get a lot more turnovers. For either defense to be done well, you need a pass rush. The smart coach runs more zone than man but is likely to do both.

Draft Rhodes... re-sign Barber. Draft another CB in rounds 3 or 4 (Mathieu, Hayden, Slay, Webb, Hawthorne). Take a one gapping DT in rounds 2 or 3 (Short, Sly Williams, Datone Jones)...and this D is looking much better than last season.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Doing the forum mock. So far we got:
1st rd: Xavier Rhodes
2nd round : Kawan short DT.

Anyone else high on Corey lemonier or Jaimie Collins in round 3?
Old 04-13-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Doing the forum mock. So far we got:
1st rd: Xavier Rhodes
2nd round : Kawan short DT.

Anyone else high on Corey lemonier or Jaimie Collins in round 3?
Nice first two rounds, not to familiar with Lemonier or Collins. Just don't draft Tyler Wilson and we will be good.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nice first two rounds, not to familiar with Lemonier or Collins. Just don't draft Tyler Wilson and we will be good.
Hah. Don't worry I got a different plan for qb.

Lemonier is a quality pass rusher that can put his hand in te dīrt or stand up. Good blend of speed and strength.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Forum Mock So far for the Bucs:
1st: Rhodes
2nd: Short
3rd: Lemoneir

Got ourselves a physical lock down CB that can match up with any WR on the field.

Short is disruptive in both the run defense and pass defense.

Lemonier gives us that outside speed rush with a good blend of strength as well. I think he can be a steal and can rush the passer in our 3 man line and stand him up on the outside.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Forum Mock So far for the Bucs:
1st: Rhodes
2nd: Short
3rd: Lemoneir

Got ourselves a physical lock down CB that can match up with any WR on the field.

Short is disruptive in both the run defense and pass defense.

Lemonier gives us that outside speed rush with a good blend of strength as well. I think he can be a steal and can rush the passer in our 3 man line and stand him up on the outside.
Good so far. Probably would have taken Collins if I had to pick between him and Lemonier. I like Lemonier's physical skillset, but something about him screams "Quin Groves" to me.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

impactplayerx47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Jarvis Jones!

Am I the ONLY Buccaneers fan on PLANET EARTH that dreams about Jarvis Jones taking over for Quincy Black at SLB? I just can't get over his pass rushing ability and how much of a force he would be on 3rd downs.

While I understand the measurables aren't there this guy DOMINATED the SEC and he LED THE CONFERENCE in sacks. He is STOUT against the run and would give us such a sick trio of linebackers with Mason and Lavonte. I think almost every Buc fan thinks we need to address the pass rush at SOME point this off season and a lot of folks think going with a DE is a poor investment with Adrian & Bowers set to start. Why not plug in a starting linebacker who is a pass rushing specialist but also is a flat out PLAY-M-A-K-E-R.

......with that being said, I don't think it'll happen. But PLEASE, SOMEBODY, hell, ANYBODY tell me they're also going to be a little sad if he's on the board at 13 and we pass? haha

PS - 13 is TOOOO HHIIIGGGHHH for Rhodes. If Dee is gone (which I expect obv.) we shouldn't reach for a corner.....I think that's too high for him. I'd MUCH rather go with Star Louteleli, or Tavon Austin there.

Last edited by impactplayerx47 : 04-16-2013 at 11:42 PM.
impactplayerx47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I would do back flips if star was available at 13. Jarvis jones? Hm not sure I'm sold on him 100%. Is he a good fit in the 4-3. ?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

impactplayerx47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Is he a good fit in the 4-3. ?
I watched quite a bit of JJ this last season, Georgia runs a 3-4 hybrid and he lined up as a pass rusher quite often, but if you watched the Florida game ...he DOMINATED, a HUGE game and he wasn't just pinning his ears back and rushing the passer.

I don't know that his coverage skills are "there" so to speak, but at 6'2 I'm not sure that his best position is as a 3-4 rush OLB, I think he'd be a better fit at SLB. Just a personal opinion, but we'll see. I see us using him kind of the way Denver uses Von Miller (although Miller would probably be a better fit as a rush OLB in a 3-4)
impactplayerx47 is offline   Reply With Quote