Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Measurables v. Production?

Just had a debate with a couple co-workers about this topic in regards to evaluating prospects.

I took the position of having the production but also having measurables that show the potential. But taking in account that many positions require different skillsets its not so clear cut.

But what happens in turn with the workout warriors, or the guys that produced against top level talent but had a bad workout?

I think ideally you would want the production with the measurables, but at what point do you value one over the other?

I feel that a football player that has always produced is typically going to be able to continue, there are some players that do not light it up off the field but when you put a gamer on the field he will stand out. what comes to mind is someon like Jerry Rice, that didnt jump off the page with his workout numbers but you cant deny what he did on the field.

I feel like so many people today are like OMG dude is 6'4" and ran a 4.3.... but what good is that if he just doesnt bring it on the field. Somone like a Steve Smith comes to mind someone that just has it, doesnt have the size that you look for but get it done on a regular basis.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote