Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-07-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Green Bay Packers
Surprise: The Packers allowed Greg Jennings to walk in free agency, and following the 2013 season they may be without James Jones and Jermichael Finley as those two head to free agency. One of the positives throughout Aaron's career is that Ted Thompson has always provided him with plenty of weapons to throw to and a receiver may be the direction the team goes in round one. Quinton Patton possesses the skill set Thompson targets in his receivers given his good size, hands, and route running.
I see it too, except probably not in round 1 based on Teddy's history.
He got Jennings in Rd 2, Jordy Rd 2, Jones Rd 3, Finley Rd 3.... of course Driver was a 7th, (before he was GM)... I just doubt he uses his 1st pick on a WR.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Want:

Cordarelle Patterson

I think hes a player that will put points on the board as a rookie, would probably be #3 or #4 as a rookie, but would see the field and scored TDs

Do not Want:

Any NT...steelers will find a NT between Woods, Mcclendon, Hood, Tammu, and Fangupu. Williams, Hankins, and Jenkins are not worth a first round pick

Surprise:

Taking another guard after spending a 1 on pouncey, a 1 on decastro, a 2 on mike adams and a 2 on marcus gilbert. Warmack or Cooper would be the final piece to a potentially dominant line
Old 04-07-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Want: Sheldon Richardson/Ezekial Ansah

Don't Want: Barkevious Mingo/Kenny Vaccaro

Surprise: Chance Warmack/Jonathan Cooper

The Titans going OG in the 1st should come as a surprise.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Want: Ezekiel Ansah

Don't want: Sharrif Floyd/Geno Smith/Jarvis Jones/David Amerson/any OT at #2

Surprise: Dee Milliner
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams

(16) Want: Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson. Austin is my #1 choice, with Patterson a close 2nd. I would be happy with either, and I think that either would immediately become the most productive receiver on our team. I would also be happy with Warmack or Cooper, though I don't see Fisher drafting a lineman in the first round.

Don't want: Kenny Vaccaro or Keenan Allen. I don't see Allen being special at the next level. I like Vaccaro more as a prospect, but I don't think he is special enough at the safety position to be taken this high.

Surprise: Trade down. It won't surprise me at all if we do trade down with one of our picks, and possibly even out of the 1st round, I think it would be much more likely that we trade down with #22 than #16.

(22) Want: Alec Ogletree. While Ogletree has been criticized for not taking on blockers, I think he is very coachable and his athleticism makes him the BPA at this spot. I would also be plenty happy with Cooper or Warmack (though I doubt they fall this far), Brown or Fluker.

Don't want: Keenan Allen. As I stated above, Allen is the player most often associated with our drafts that I want the least.

Surprise: Xavier Rhodes or Desmond Trufant. While our team is pretty well set at corner, Jeff Fisher's teams have drafted corner more often than any other position, and if they could pick up a stud at this spot, that would allow Finnegan to cover the slot exclusively, where he shines.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Ugh. EVERYBODY hates Margus Hunt but me. And whoever takes him in the 20s because it's going to happen. His tape isn't bad at all WTF AM I MISSING!?!?!?

And it's funny about Te'o. No one wants him either but he's going semi-high (I still don't buy it that he's a lock for the first though). Yikes I just had the thought he might fall to Seattle in the 2nd...
I have watched a lot of Hunt's games. For three years now they have been talking about how he has the great skillset and freakish athleticism, but is new to the sport. But he hasn't really gotten any better over that time, so why should we think that he will suddenly "get it" and become a star at the next level? Occasionally he makes a fabulous play that makes a coach's mouth water, but more often than not he gets washed out of plays, plays out of position, etc. This suggests to me that when he does make the fabulous play it is because he guessed right, but for the most part he is really confused about what is going on and what his assignment and responsibility is. He is very good on special teams, and will block a couple of kicks every year at the next level.

Also, he will be 26 at the start of next season. While I am not usually against the older player, this does concern me with him because I think his project time is longer than most, and I'm not really sure that he will ever get it. Athletically he is a 1st rounder, but as a football player he probably deserves to go very late. I personally value him in the 5th/6th round.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I have watched a lot of Hunt's games. For three years now they have been talking about how he has the great skillset and freakish athleticism, but is new to the sport. But he hasn't really gotten any better over that time, so why should we think that he will suddenly "get it" and become a star at the next level? Occasionally he makes a fabulous play that makes a coach's mouth water, but more often than not he gets washed out of plays, plays out of position, etc. This suggests to me that when he does make the fabulous play it is because he guessed right, but for the most part he is really confused about what is going on and what his assignment and responsibility is. He is very good on special teams, and will block a couple of kicks every year at the next level.

Also, he will be 26 at the start of next season. While I am not usually against the older player, this does concern me with him because I think his project time is longer than most, and I'm not really sure that he will ever get it. Athletically he is a 1st rounder, but as a football player he probably deserves to go very late. I personally value him in the 5th/6th round.
Yes, because I am sure SMU has one of the best coaching staffs that knows how to get the most out of a freakish athlete that never played the game before almost on the level of an NFL team that can turn basketball players with 17 catches into superstars (which btw, took 1 year?). /end sarcasm. Smu hasn't had the best defensive coaching in the past few years, BYU has better coaches on that side of the ball and they didn't even know what to do with Ansah for a while.

I don't see how he hasn't improved, he almost matched the amount of sacks he had the previous 3 years his senior year, off by .5 with 8. His tackles for loss also went up. His first few years he was mainly known as a guy who blocked kicks, he also had his first interception and the highest amount of pass deflections in his career with 3, and also had 2 forced fumbles, something which he didn't do the first 3 years. He looked good in the bowl game and seems to have always stepped it up in bowl games except for one year, I think he put up 6 career sacks in bowl games and he sacked Manziel which isn't easy to do.'

There have been conflicting reports on Ansah's actual age as well, and its not like defensive linemen only play for 3 or 4 years, there are many who play well into their 30's. I mean Casey Hampton is like 35, Justin Smith is 33 and still playing at a high level, I mean it seems like he just hit his peak in the 30's, before that he was doing slightly above average as a LDE in the 4-3.

Last edited by batsandgats : 04-08-2013 at 08:34 AM.
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Cowboys

Want: OL & DL! Trade down if Cooper, Warmack & Richardson are gone. Pugh, Long, Armstead, Sylvester, Logan, Frederick, (long list of players)

Don't want: Safety in first round.

Surprise: Drafting a WR early (2nd rd. pick)

Last edited by DallCowby1 : 04-08-2013 at 08:57 AM.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England Patriots:

Who I do want: My preference right now would be either one of the two FSU DEs, Werner or Carradine. Or Keenan Allen or DeAndre Hopkins at WR.

Who I do not want: Margus Hunt, Jesse Williams or David Amerson

Surprise pick: It's Bill Belichick so there are very few picks which could be considered a surprise, but it wouldn't shock me to see him get someone like Kelce or Escobar in the second round.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle Seahawks

Want:

Ryan Swope. This guy is special. Strong suspicion he will be the best WR in this class by a very wide margin even though he's not typically listed in the top 10 prospects at the position. Most of all, his ad lib instincts might be the best I've ever seen in a WR for all time, which pairs perfectly with Russell Wilson's ability to extend plays via scrambling. I can see 4-7 TDs per season being the result of his and Wilson's ability to make something out of what should be less than nothing.

Watching him reminds me of a comment Wayne Gretzky once made. He said he always skated to where the puck was going to be. Swope has that innate ability to identify where the wide open zone is going to be and can get there before anyone else even recognizes it.

I see no receiver prospect in the last 5 years to be such a perfect match for Wilson's talent to extend plays. And that includes AJ Green. Green is great at running the routes as drawn and is an elite WR. Swope isn't better than Green in that regard at all.

But like most WRs, Green tends to be slow to recognize what to do when the QB still has the ball 8 seconds into a play designed to be done in 4. Some WRs just work their way to the QB or just run a cross 'shadowing' the QB's scramble. Swope attacks a defense in an almost unrecognizably sophisticated fashion. He can attack vertically or adjust to the correct depth horizontally. He just has that gift of vision that is rare.

He is the PB to Wilson's Jelly.

Don't want:

Kyle Long. I just don't see a Tom Cable style player when I watch his tape. He's a pattycake tackle. I see Cable having a problem with that.

Surprise(s):

Bennie Logan DT
Armonty Bryant DE
John Simon DE
Tyrann Mathieu FS

I don't think much of Mathieu's man coverage skills. I think he's a pretty subpar CB to be honest. I really don't relish the idea of taking such a patently ******** individual and giving him money to get into trouble with either. And he doesn't possess any of the qualities Seattle looks for in our CBs. He's Kelly Jennings who can occasionally cheat on plays and have it pay off.

He is however very good at reading plays in front of him and has a real instinct to read where plays are going *if they unfold in front of him*. Make him backpedal, and he looks pretty awful. But have him close on plays in front of him and he possesses a 'ludicrous speed' gear that pops on tape.

I can see him being picked up as a backup to Earl Thomas at FS. Both are similar in size and speed and share a similar physical brand of play. We like to run 3 safeties out there situationally, and Mathieu would certainly free up Kam to be an interchangeable cog in those set ups. Plus, I have a high regard for Carroll's ability to mend broken players. Tyrann couldn't land in a better environment.

Seattle grades players based on what they can do, not what they can't. Mathieu can make plays when they are in front of him. At a high level too.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsandgats View Post
Yes, because I am sure SMU has one of the best coaching staffs that knows how to get the most out of a freakish athlete that never played the game before almost on the level of an NFL team that can turn basketball players with 17 catches into superstars (which btw, took 1 year?). /end sarcasm. Smu hasn't had the best defensive coaching in the past few years, BYU has better coaches on that side of the ball and they didn't even know what to do with Ansah for a while.

I don't see how he hasn't improved, he almost matched the amount of sacks he had the previous 3 years his senior year, off by .5 with 8. His tackles for loss also went up. His first few years he was mainly known as a guy who blocked kicks, he also had his first interception and the highest amount of pass deflections in his career with 3, and also had 2 forced fumbles, something which he didn't do the first 3 years. He looked good in the bowl game and seems to have always stepped it up in bowl games except for one year, I think he put up 6 career sacks in bowl games and he sacked Manziel which isn't easy to do.'

There have been conflicting reports on Ansah's actual age as well, and its not like defensive linemen only play for 3 or 4 years, there are many who play well into their 30's. I mean Casey Hampton is like 35, Justin Smith is 33 and still playing at a high level, I mean it seems like he just hit his peak in the 30's, before that he was doing slightly above average as a LDE in the 4-3.
You're right, Hunt has had the occasional big game. Key word being occasional. His lack of consistency is what kills me more than anything. And, while SMU is not a defensive powerhouse, the team as a whole has gotten better during his time there. His first year there they were 1-11 and their opponents could score touchdowns even if they all decided to stop and tie their shoes during the middle of every play. So while the rest of the defense got better, Hunt's progress was marginal at best.

Let me make myself clear...I am an SMU fan and want very much to see him do well, but my objective side just doesn't see it happening. I don't see much similarity at all between him and Ansah.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're right, Hunt has had the occasional big game. Key word being occasional. His lack of consistency is what kills me more than anything. And, while SMU is not a defensive powerhouse, the team as a whole has gotten better during his time there. His first year there they were 1-11 and their opponents could score touchdowns even if they all decided to stop and tie their shoes during the middle of every play. So while the rest of the defense got better, Hunt's progress was marginal at best.

Let me make myself clear...I am an SMU fan and want very much to see him do well, but my objective side just doesn't see it happening. I don't see much similarity at all between him and Ansah.
We could say that about most DEs though.

Ansah was horribly inconsistent. Logging sacks in only 4 of his 13 games. His hurries was equally poor (4 games with a one or more hurries).

Bjorn Werner played in 14 games. He didn't record a sack in 8 of them despite logging 13 on the year.

DE's are very much feast/famine types of players for the most part. Hunt isn't dissimilar from others in his class.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunt also finished his career off with his best game.

I'll admit, I did not see any of him at the Sr. Bowl and everyone said he looked horrible there.

But from the tapes on youtube... the guy looks like a potential beast (and in the Fresno game for example, a current beast).

He's better on tape than Poe was (just opened up a can of worms, uh-oh).

And I don't buy that when he made an impact "he guess right".

My question with him has always been where to play him. I don't like him as a 5-technique but that's where his size suggests he'll play. I think a team like Minnesota takes him to play LE in a 4-3. And I could see him playing the elephant or predator role for a team like Philly, Arizona, or Cleveland. And he's got the athleticism to play the 3-4 rush LB role (blitzing 80+% of the time).

I like him. And I don't care if a player is 26. This is a week-to-week league. You can't make decisions based on the idea that 5 years down the road a guy might start to see his skills diminish as opposed to 7 or 8. If he's still on the team in 5 years it was a good pick...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Ugh. EVERYBODY hates Margus Hunt but me. And whoever takes him in the 20s because it's going to happen. His tape isn't bad at all WTF AM I MISSING!?!?!?

And it's funny about Te'o. No one wants him either but he's going semi-high (I still don't buy it that he's a lock for the first though). Yikes I just had the thought he might fall to Seattle in the 2nd...
I love Hunt, and Teo lol

Hunt would be a perfect replacement for Keisel. One thing about keisel is he was always a ST player until Kemon VonOlehoffen left and then he beefed up to play DE, but hes always had the versatility to stand up and play OLB too....I see hunt as a player in the same mold

Teo is the most overanalyzed prospect ever, but his mental toughness is a legit concern with the abuse hes going to take in the locker room....is he going to cry about it or is he going to go out there and make plays?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do: Jesse Williams. Give us a lot of talent if Chapman ever plays

Don't: Mingo. Just don't see it. Great athleticism but I don't think he cares enough

Surprise: Tank Carradine. The more I read about him the more I like. If he checks out medically could be a great pickup

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HOUSTON TEXANS

Want: BPA at WR, ILB, RT, NT, or OG. Someone at one of those positions will slip and be a great value and fit our needs.

Don't want: Tavon Austin. If we take a WR in round 1, that means we plan for him to be an immediate starter and the eventual successor to Andre Johnson. I am completely turned off by his lack of size. If the WR we really want is gone at #27, then the Texans could still get a quality WR to be our #2 in the 2nd or possibly even 3rd round, while investing our 1st rounder in a player who will make a bigger impact at another of our need positions.

Surprise: Tyler Eifert. With Owen Daniels on the roster, TE doesn't seem to be an immediate need for Houston. However, he has been constantly injured while Garrett Graham has failed to impress. In the last two offseasons, Houston has lost two quality backup TEs in Joel Dreesen and James Casey. I could see Houston falling in love with a prospect and pre-emptively solving next year's big need.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftin View Post
HOUSTON TEXANS

Surprise: Tyler Eifert. With Owen Daniels on the roster, TE doesn't seem to be an immediate need for Houston. However, he has been constantly injured while Garrett Graham has failed to impress. In the last two offseasons, Houston has lost two quality backup TEs in Joel Dreesen and James Casey. I could see Houston falling in love with a prospect and pre-emptively solving next year's big need.
Have seen the Eifert-Texans connection quite a bit lately, but havent heard any Texans fans view on it.. Do you like it or hate it?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

Panthers

do want:
a 1st or 2nd round WR. this team has tried to throw scrub FAs and late round picks at the position, but it has not worked. most team surround their QB with weapons and this team needs to.

do not want:
Sheldon Richardson or any OG in the 1st. 24 yo, and have yet to be brought in for a private workout. gets pushed around in the run game, but is a decent pass rusher. OG just does not impact an offense enough to warrant a 14th pick, plus you can find talent in the later rounds.

Xavier Rhodes. like him as a prospect but thinks he is better in a press man scheme which the panthers do not run.same as Tavon Austin i think he will be better in a WCO where you can get the ball out quick and not a scheme that likes to get vertical up the field

surprise:
Jon Cyprein, Ansah, Mingo. all have been brought in and fits the giants mo(Gettleman spent 13 years with this organization). they stacked DEs and Hardy is coming into a contract year with so much tied into Johnson, so Hardy may need to be replaced. panthers also like Cyprien have worked him out, spent time with him at the senior bowl. last year after the draft, it came out that they where big on Barron but TB got him before the 8th pick.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints:

Want: Mingo/Jarvis Jones. Im assuming the three top tackles are gone, in which case i want one of the best pass rushers, a huge issue for the saints. Both can be long term impact players in the saints new 34

dont want: Kenny Vaccaro, Cordarelle Patterson & Sheldon Richardson. I really dont know why people like Vaccaro as much as they do. think he is a mid rounder at best. Patterson is physically really talented but would be beyond terrible for the saints as he is a bad route runner and struggles with playbook comprehension

Suprise: Tavon Austin. I would dislike it but ive grown from hating it due to the saints being able to do more in FA than i ever thought possible. He would add something to the team and could help brees in the last few great years he has left in him, which should be the first thought with every saints pick at this moment.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Have seen the Eifert-Texans connection quite a bit lately, but havent heard any Texans fans view on it.. Do you like it or hate it?
It depends on who is there at #27. If filling a need means reaching, then I'm ok with taking a player who is arguably the best in the draft at his position.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftin View Post
It depends on who is there at #27. If filling a need means reaching, then I'm ok with taking a player who is arguably the best in the draft at his position.
Makes sense. Even if there is some good value to be found on the need positions you listed in a previous post (Which I certainly expect there will), I wouldnt be shocked to see the Texans pull the trigger on Eifert in the first. Schaub loves his TEs, and a healthy Owen Daniels and Eifert would certainly make a very intriguing duo in the middle of the field.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So you attribute the turnaround to the defense just as equally as the offense? They turned around after June Jones came there installed the run and shoot and had a great back for the system that could move the chains and sustain long drives keeping the defense off the field in Zach Line who is 2nd in SMU history in rushing behind Eric Dickerson. Their passing game was equally as great (of course it is what June Jones is known for)
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:07 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsandgats View Post
So you attribute the turnaround to the defense just as equally as the offense? They turned around after June Jones came there installed the run and shoot and had a great back for the system that could move the chains and sustain long drives keeping the defense off the field in Zach Line who is 2nd in SMU history in rushing behind Eric Dickerson. Their passing game was equally as great (of course it is what June Jones is known for)
When Jones got there they had next to nothing. Several of the new recruits from Dallas even admitted that they didn't know SMU had a football program. They had a few players, mainly Emmanuel Sanders and Aldrick Robinson. But they were awful all the way around. The offense has definitely had more to do with the turnaround, but that defense has come a long way from where it was.

Maybe I am just biased in a backwards way, because he was supposed to develop into this man-beast and I never saw much of that other than on occasion. Or maybe it's just a hunch (a tactic by which many crimes outside of Beverly Hills are solved). I just don't see him becoming the player that everyone says he "could be." When I watch him I see a fantastic physical specimen and a gifted athlete, but not a very good football player.