Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-09-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I don't know if that's the case. The showed film of this guy getting walked down several times. He looked plain slow.
Well Boldin isn't a burner either. Both of these guys' games are in short to intermediate routes....though I don't expect Allen to be the physical manbeast that is Anquan Boldin after the catch.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd argue that he'd have been better off skipping the 40 than running 4.7s if he isn't 100%...

We still don't know what Crabtree would have run.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'd argue that he'd have been better off skipping the 40 than running 4.7s if he isn't 100%...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'd be interested to know what he says (if anything) afterwards.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

I agree. It's easy for scouts/media/fans to get frustrated by a guy who doesn't run his 40 but to me it's the same line of thinking for players who opt out of the Senior Bowl - if you have more to lose than to gain, why risk it.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Well Boldin isn't a burner either. Both of these guys' games are in short to intermediate routes....though I don't expect Allen to be the physical manbeast that is Anquan Boldin after the catch.
This is truly what made him special and I said it prior to his draft. When he catches the ball and faces up with a defender, < Boldin. Too quick, too decisive, too strong, too beast for him not to gain yards. I only loosely compare Allen to Boldin. I think a better comparison is Crabtree.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Usually they run to show scouts and GM's that they are getting healthy even if they aren't all the wasy back.
Bolden ran at the combine with a notacible limp after recovering somewhat from his leg injury, nobody believed he was a 4.7's runner, they all believed he was a lot faster than that. He only ran to show he was recovering nicely. He likely was a 4.50-4.55 type runner.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Alabama RB Eddie Lacy clocked forty times of 4.57 and 4.60 at his personal Pro Day on Thursday.

Another set of times had Lacy at 4.58 and 4.62. The straight-line speed is as expected. More concerning was Lacy's inability to complete position drills because he was so out of shape, per NFL Network's Bucky Brooks. Lacy also tallied a 9-foot-7 broad jump and 32.5-inch vertical. Brooks deemed the workout "disappointing" and expects NFL teams to "question (Lacy's) work ethic" based on his conditioning. Keep in mind Lacy has been nursing a partial hamstring tear for months. It's not shocking that he wasn't at peak physical fitness.
He's been sliding in my rankings, but more because of concerns about being able to stay healthy throughout his career.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Alabama developing into a similar situation to what we've seen at Wisconsin for so many years, where any decent RB is going to look all-world running behind one of the best Olines in college football??

Lacey doesn't seem much different than Ingram or Richardson IMO, although I still think Richardson has a chance to show something in the pros.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 40 times are a little disappointing.

But I don't understand. Why are they questioning his stamina? He can't do anything with a torn hamstring... He probably just started running again like a week ago...
Old 04-11-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Is Alabama developing into a similar situation to what we've seen at Wisconsin for so many years, where any decent RB is going to look all-world running behind one of the best Olines in college football??

Lacey doesn't seem much different than Ingram or Richardson IMO, although I still think Richardson has a chance to show something in the pros.
you dont think richardson showed something? he was dinged up but i think hes a badass talent in both the run game and passing game
Old 04-11-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weren't people on here expecting in the 4.4 range. That time is very disappointing, especially for a proday time.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Weren't people on here expecting in the 4.4 range. That time is very disappointing, especially for a proday time.
People were expecting him to run 4.4? I was not aware of that. I thought 4.55-4.60 is exactly what most people were expecting. I'm not quite sure why people are surprised/disappointing. *shrug*
Old 04-11-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

4.40 to 4.49 is a HUGE difference for a 230 pounder.

No, I didn't expect him to be near 4.40. But I did think he might be closer to 4.50 than he was. I wish we had his 10...

It doesn't change much for me though. I am usually wary of RBs who don't run well, there simply aren't that many successful RBs who ran 4.5 or higher... there are a few exceptions obviously.

But I love Lacy's game. He's a bruiser, some beast flashes, he's quick enough, he can break tackles, and he's can play third downs.

I just don't understand why Bucky Brooks is questioning his work ethic. If he had a partially torn hamstring, how could he get himself into top shape endurance-wise prior to his workout? There are no ways to improve cardio endurance without using your legs... He probably felt good enough to prepare a week or two ago... of course he'd be winded after doing a series of drills...

It doesn't make sense to me.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

slower backs that have success tend to have good shuttle and 3 cone times. Stevan Ridley ran like a 4.65 but a 20 yard shuttle in the 4.2 range. Lacy ran a 4.44. Ingram has looked really stiff and doesn't hit the hole as fast as Pierre Thomas, Ingram's shuttle was 4.62, Pierre's was 4.3something. There are quite a few backs with slower 40 times that have had success, the only one that i can think of that has had success with a slower 40 and a slower shuttle is Benjarvus Green Ellis (I think 4.65 40 and a 4.5 shuttle), and he went undrafted, and he doesn't wow you in any area.

I think Funbuncher is on to something about Alabama backs. Richardson being the best, but he still didn't look like a 1st round, especially top 5 pick imo. 3.6 just doesn't cut it, but shows great power, a knack for finding the endzone when close to the goal line and good hands out of the backfield. I think he will have a decent career but can't live up to being picked number 3 overall.
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 angles of 2 runs, but only 1 I can work with:

Eddie Lacy:

1.70 10-yard
2.76 20-yard
4.70 40-yard

Here's a tip if you're a scout: Ditch the stopwatch.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With better angles:

3-Cone: 7.14
Old 04-12-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

Oh no, don't question the fact that because the talent at Alabama is so great that it makes players that aren't so great look better than they are. People around here can't accept that. They definitely couldn't accept the fact that Nick Saban is merely a pretty good coach (and not a God) that just so happens to be surrounded with a ton of talent.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Demetrius Harris, TE Wisconsin-Milwaukee (converted basketball player)

6'5-1/2" 237 lbs
4.52 40
36.5" Vertical
10'2" Broad Jump

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/uwmil...202876291.html

From the video above, I get these splits:

1.63 10-yard
4.50 40-yard

1.63 10-yard
4.59 40-yard
Old 04-16-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Michael Hill, RB Missouri Western State

5'10-1/8" 209
4.60 40
37.5" Vertical
10'4" Broad Jump
4.08 Shuttle
6.78 3-Cone
23 Reps

Very good explosion and agility numbers. Tackle breaking machine! Reminds me of Chris Polk and Ryan Mathews.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Tank Carradine just ran a 4.75...four and a half months off knee surgery.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh. My. God.

Dear Jeff Ireland,

Take him at 12 please.

kthxbye

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Oh. My. God.

Dear Jeff Ireland,

Take him at 12 please.

kthxbye
Apparently the 40 time have been corrected to 4.93. Not that it matters a whole lot under these circumstances.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8429/tank-carradine

I dont think he slips out of the Top 20.