Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Probably snowflake.

And then others would hop on the wagon. Trust me, plenty of people said the Knicks suck.
Mostly to spite you. Because you're ******* obnoxious.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Mostly to spite you. Because you're ******* obnoxious.
It's only gonna get worse friend. It's only gonna get worse.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once playoff time comes you will be on my ignore list until the season's conclusion. No offense homie.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Once playoff time comes you will be on my ignore list until the season's conclusion. No offense homie.
But we can still talk football bro!

</3
Old 04-08-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked the Knicks sixth to be fair to myself.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
So we beat the Spurs twice, didn't have Melo vs OKC and lost by 1 point, then beat them the other time, and beat Miami 3 out of 4 times.

Sounds like a contender to me.

#KnicksIn2013
I hope you don't actually believe this or you're setting yourself up for massive disappointment.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Tell us more..

My team in a 8-cat 12-team league (I had 2nd pick):

PG: Stephen Curry
G: Mike Conley
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Elton Brand
F: Derrick Favors
C: Marcin Gortat
C: Brook Lopez
UT: Mo Williams
UT: Omer Asik
BN: Andre Miller
BN: Jonas Vala
BN: Chauncey Billups
BN: D.J. Augistin
BN: Chandler Parsons
BN: A.J. Price

Few things:

1) I think Derrick Favors is going to be monstrous. If they trade Jefferson or Milsap, he could end up as the biggest steal in Fbball this year. Even if they don't, with 28ish mpg he should put up great numbers. No one has hype for him because he's not a starter yet and he plays in Utah.

2) I should've gotten another PG somewhere along the line.

3) My season comes down to two players. If Curry can stay healthy, he's a top-10 fantasy player and a perfect complement to Durant. And if Lopez can grab a few more rebounds, I should have enough big man stats to compete in all 8 categories each week.
Well boys, that team won it all! Just a really fantastic draft. I only missed on one pick before the 10th round (Brand) and besides a couple of FA streamers (Clark, Bledsoe, Bayless), it was the dudes I drafted.

Also, this happened....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So I'm considering taking Damian Lillard in the 4th round in my fantasy basketball draft. Thinking he's gonna be around 18 ppg, 7 apg, 1.5 spg, with good FT% and 3s. I know my projections are a little high but anybody have any insight?
He's 18.8, 6.5, and .9 (ew, how?) with 84% FT and 2.2 3s. I was exactly right. But I took Bropez over him and my team won it all so it's all good!

BTW

When I was looking back for this post, I read a lot of the preseason stuff and it's pretty hilarious.

Brodeur was right about a lot of it - every O/U he commented on he was right about - to the point where I'm going to consult him next year.

He also said Harden is a superstar which some disagreed with.

But he also said Melo isn't. That was bad.

Oh, and the Lakers. Some of us were skeptical... pretty sharp.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh you should have bumped one of those over unders. I've been wondering how we all did.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I hope you don't actually believe this or you're setting yourself up for massive disappointment.
Why not? Ok forget the trolling for just a second, let's be rational about this. Why can't the Knicks be a competitor this year? What are they missing?

We have size, we have versatile defenders, we have a good bench, we have experience, we have an elite scorer, we have a solid secondary scorer, we play good defense when we want to (which is when the games matter), the ball movement has been great ever since the Knicks have turned it up a level as we gear towards the playoffs, we can score with the best of em, what are we missing?

Seriously, why can't this team compete? What's missing?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron James.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
LeBron James.
As a Knicks fan... this....

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Y'all just scared of how much trolling me and BBD are gunna do after the Knicks win it all.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone should read this.

It is a really fantastic article on the evolution of defense in the NBA: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-their-offense

Even gives kudos to #KNICKSin2013 because they are switching more than other teams. I think teams like the Knicks, Pacers, Heat, and Bulls have the personnel to switch on picks that other teams like Memphis can't.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Knicks fan and I've explained this before.

If they get to the conference finals and play the Heat tough, that's a hell of a season.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

LeBron James is beatable. He's not Jordan.

That Heat team has their warts. They're not some unstoppable force. Who's gonna bang dirty inside when the playoffs start? Who's gonna get those hard rebounds in the 4th quarter? Who's their paint presence?

If LeBron isn't hitting his shot, who's gonna prevent teams from packing the paint on them?

They're beatable. Everyone is so enamoured with LeBron (and rightfully so) that they're ignoring the warts on this team.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Everyone should read this.

It is a really fantastic article on the evolution of defense in the NBA: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-their-offense

Even gives kudos to #KNICKSin2013 because they are switching more than other teams. I think teams like the Knicks, Pacers, Heat, and Bulls have the personnel to switch on picks that other teams like Memphis can't.
Good stuff from grantland. I just wonder whether we're not seeing this evolution tactically because the top tier talent in this league is becoming more and more streamlined, with no dominant centers, every team's best players are wing players who are much closer in size and quickness and so is most of the rest of the roster. I think that's why you're seeing teams be more adaptive and versatile, and the smart people in the league have been jumping at this.

It's also why the Knicks will be such a ***** of a matchup for the Heat, we can show them that hyper-switching versatility to counter the misdirection on D and also hit them with size that they can't counter.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I'd love it if the Bulls are the 5 seed and we keep the 2.

This way our route to the Heat would be Boston then Indiana. And we'd have homecourt for both.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I want a Bulls/Indiana first round match up. Would let me root with the locals.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The way it's shaping up, we'll play the Celtics in the 1st round, Pacers in the n2nd, and Heat in the ECF.

I think we should at least make the ECF. I've said all along that the ECF is the goal. After that it's all gravy. But this team should make it to the ECF. Anything less than that is a disappointing season.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that Lowe article is incredible. I love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to leave me alone in defending Reggie Evans the other day scotty, you jerk.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Good stuff from grantland. I just wonder whether we're not seeing this evolution tactically because the top tier talent in this league is becoming more and more streamlined, with no dominant centers, every team's best players are wing players who are much closer in size and quickness and so is most of the rest of the roster. I think that's why you're seeing teams be more adaptive and versatile, and the smart people in the league have been jumping at this.

It's also why the Knicks will be such a ***** of a matchup for the Heat, we can show them that hyper-switching versatility to counter the misdirection on D and also hit them with size that they can't counter.
This strategy would also be effective versus a dominant center. If you have less room you can't really set up on the block. Memphis has its dominant players in the post.

But this defense is actually designed not to help in the post from the ball side. Where you would normally see a post player kick it out for a three. Rather it would require a skip pass across the court past the guy that is helping. It's possible and you can still see players like Duncan get this pass off. However, since the pass is longer there is more chance for defensive rotation to get there in time.

But this defense is also why 3 point shooting teams like Golden State can run their awesome elevator doors play.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I just want to see a big come into the league with a post game and a hook shot. Why is it a crime for modern day bigs to not learn how to play out of the post and work the hook? It's so damn deadly, yet it's practically a dead part of the game now.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo has taken over Lebron for top jersey sales.

Oh you crazy Knicks fans and your dreams of Melo leading you to the championship.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So MWP is coming back from a "6 week injury" in 12 days? WTF?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote