Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-08-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default **** the Olympics...

...in their stupid ass.
http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/...basketball-bmx

Dumping wrestling and adding more ******** sports?

Trying to increase "watchability"? How about you market your athletes?

Know why people watch swimming? Because you market the **** out of Michael Phelps and a few other swimmers. Has very little to do with the sport itself.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While 3 on 3 is a pretty ridiculous thing to add being that it's not even played anywhere in the world other than pickup games, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't watch it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they should add nude modeling
Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
they should add nude modeling
Well pole dancing is coming up on the docket in a couple years... So it would not surprise me.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably in the minority, but I like 3-on-3 more than 5-on-5. It's a silly addition, but I'd watch the hell out of it.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Replacing one silly event with another silly event isn't what makes the Olympics awful.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Replacing one silly event with another silly event isn't what makes the Olympics awful.
I take back the rep I wanted to give you earlier today.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
While 3 on 3 is a pretty ridiculous thing to add being that it's not even played anywhere in the world other than pickup games, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't watch it.
Exactly. As silly as it may be, it would probably be more entertaining than every other event currently in the Summer Olympics.

I'd rather see events that are fun to watch, than see people pretend to care about how fast some dude can swim.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Know why people watch swimming? Because you market the **** out of Michael Phelps and a few other swimmers. Has very little to do with the sport itself.
More like the entire Olympics in general. People don't watch for the actual nuances of the sport. Most Americas just jump on the wagon to hear about the heart warming stories that are drilled into the public by whatever Network has the rights to the air the entire event. I doubt people are still following the American girls gymnastics team now. The Olympics are essentially a fad for most of the "viewers" every four years pretending like they actually give a **** for a few weeks.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wrestling isn't a silly event, it's actually probably one of, if not the greatest sport in Olympic history. It may not be popular with the media, but it is an original sport and has a massive following.

But I guess since it isn't marketable to the mouth breathers, it shouldn't be included anymore. 3v3 basketball is entertaining enough, but to include it in the Olympics is full on ********. It would be like if they did 2v2 volleyball on a court in addition to sand volleyball, or did 3v3 waterpolo. Why don't they just add 1 on 1 and 2v2 basketball as well? That should keep the morons happy for a while.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've never even tried to market it. To say it isn't marketable, you have to have attempted to market it.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still remember being a kid and really loving to watch the actual sports. It was exciting and new. That was back when they didn't have human interest BS for more than half of the time. I miss those Olympics. I actually enjoyed the sport and the competition.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They've never even tried to market it. To say it isn't marketable, you have to have attempted to market it.
Ya, what I should have said was "marketable" with the quotations because in the eyes of the IOC I'm sure that's what they think.

I mean, it is what it is at this point. The IOC is just a bunch of greedy individuals either taking money under the table or filtering money through the sports that they represent. Hopefully wrestling gets voted back in later this year, but I won't hold my breath.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, wait, wait. Did you just say that the people who don't like to watch two guys try and dry hump each other mouth breathers?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait. Did you just say that the people who don't like to watch two guys try and dry hump each other mouth breathers?
Yup.

Basically, 90% of society are mouth breathers that, for example, think wrestling is actually a front for Rudy Cool people to play a sport.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yup.

Basically, 90% of society are mouth breathers that, for example, think wrestling is actually a front for Rudy Cool people to play a sport.
Yeah, this is that type of cynicism that's just so annoying. People don't not like your crappy gayporn because they're mouth breathers, they don't like it cause it's boring to watch.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I still remember being a kid and really loving to watch the actual sports. It was exciting and new. That was back when they didn't have human interest BS for more than half of the time. I miss those Olympics. I actually enjoyed the sport and the competition.
Precisely. The sports are still watchable but it's too much work to actually watch them. Even with a DVR I have to wear out my buttons getting past all the **** the network packs in to "make it interesting" to the viewer.

Also, getting rid of wrestling b/c girls don't participate is about as stupid a thing as I've heard out of the IOC. That's a pretty stellar feat considering they've come out with some tremendously stupid things.

Biking has evolve a long way past a touring sport. I see no reason why it shouldn't be expanded. Though, to be fair, the Olympics have been unwatchable for me for years now so I'm not sure what they've already added (if anything) since I last watched.

3-3 Bball . . . Market properly. Then you won't have to chase fads to make it interesting.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, this is that type of cynicism that's just so annoying. People don't not like your crappy gayporn because they're mouth breathers, they don't like it cause it's boring to watch.
As opposed to what, exactly? Calling something unwatchable because you don't particularly care for it? Pot . . . kettle?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

As opposed to watching to paint dry, that's how boring wrestling is. Hell it's infiltration of MMA has done a good job of killing my interest in that sport to.

Not sure where you're trying to go with the whole pot/kettle thing, I've never called anyone who doesn't like Soccer, Football or hockey mouth breathers just for that. In fact I often ignore people griping about those sports. So no I'm not hypocritizing here.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eh, I don't really want to get into discussions about homophobia so we will just have to agree to disagree. I've never wrestled before in my life, but I appreciate it as a sport because it's probably one of the hardest physically to compete in and the history behind it is great.

But I will question the intelligence of anyone that thinks table tennis or walking are better sports than wrestling.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 04-09-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

That was a subtle south park reference as I recently re-watched the W.T.F. episode about rastlin. My dislike of wrestlin has nothing to do with homophobia, but rather it being a painfully boring sport to watch. Walking and pigpong are terrible sports to, but I've never accused the Olympics of putting on a compelling show.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greco-Roman wrestling isn't nude anymore, so clearly they aren't worried about tradition, even if it is one of the oldest sports in the world.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote