Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 04-09-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
After offering a trade that I accepted... Asking D-Unit for a ruling on that, I'm already in trade talks for that pick
Never made it official. Decided to go in another direction.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After offering a trade that I accepted... Asking D-Unit for a ruling on that, I'm already in trade talks for that pick
Hey Robcards,
I totally understand the frustration you feel cause I've been there before. But for all trade agreements, I have to receive a PM from both parties saying that they agree to the trade. I didn't get anything. If you guys discussed it amongst yourselves and it flamed out, then I can't do anything about that.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, so when is the cut-off for FREE Agents to sign in real life where it effects what happens here?

At some point we have to look at this is fantasy and not accept whatever is happening in the real world...

Personally, I think it should retro-act from midnight last night. So all of the signings coming out today should not count...
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hey Robcards,
I totally understand the frustration you feel cause I've been there before. But for all trade agreements, I have to receive a PM from both parties saying that they agree to the trade. I didn't get anything. If you guys discussed it amongst yourselves and it flamed out, then I can't do anything about that.
Ok just seems odd to offer a trade and then back out when it's accepted.

Revis back on the block, trade offer must include a 1st rounder or my fictional jets will simply re-sign him.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
OK, so when is the cut-off for FREE Agents to sign in real life where it effects what happens here?

At some point we have to look at this is fantasy and not accept whatever is happening in the real world...

Personally, I think it should retro-act from midnight last night. So all of the signings coming out today should not count...
Good question. Hard for me to say. I wanted to keep it as realistic as possible for the draft portion of this mock, so I was going to allow FA signings that happen in real life, to happen here.

But I think it would be wrong to play FA and make FA announcements and take that away.

So I will set the deadline to Midnight EST tonight. Since that is the deadline to send in Day 1 FA offers, I think that is the fairest way to go.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Ok just seems odd to offer a trade and then back out when it's accepted.

Revis back on the block, trade offer must include a 1st rounder or my fictional jets will simply re-sign him.
Play these things often enough and you'll realize it happens all the time.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Good question. Hard for me to say. I wanted to keep it as realistic as possible for the draft portion of this mock, so I was going to allow FA signings that happen in real life, to happen here.

But I think it would be wrong to play FA and make FA announcements and take that away.

So I will set the deadline to Midnight EST tonight. Since that is the deadline to send in Day 1 FA offers, I think that is the fairest way to go.

So, is this for contracts that are signed in real life or just "come to an agreement" like everything nowadays is...per Adam Shefter of course...
Old 04-09-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is the 2013 Cap Savings the only number we need to use?
Yes, because it factors in the dead money.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danny Watkins is on the trading block.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
So, is this for contracts that are signed in real life or just "come to an agreement" like everything nowadays is...per Adam Shefter of course...
Umm... I guess come to an agreement would be considered official.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, carolina's cap situation is dire.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got offered,

he was being serious...

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-09-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Cam Newton otb
You said this. There was no 'lol' or smiley face, so I assumed you were serious. Just to clarify.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You said this. There was no 'lol' or smiley face, so I assumed you were serious. Just to clarify.
Exactly, you thought I was serious. And then you offered me Darrelle Revis...for Cam Newton. Lolololol.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-09-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Exactly, you thought I was serious. And then you offered me Darrelle Revis...for Cam Newton. Lolololol.
Which is funny why? If you had newton on the block what's wrong with that trade offer? You wouldn't put him on the block if you saw him as a franchise qb so you're geting the best corner in the league for a qb you don't even want.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think the jokes on you. Real douchey laugh.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Which is funny why? If you had newton on the block what's wrong with that trade offer? You wouldn't put him on the block if you saw him as a franchise qb so you're geting the best corner in the league for a qb you don't even want.
He never had Newton on the block. He was being funny in a way that wouldn't be clear to people like you who don't know him. It's not your fault.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Free Agency should be fun tomorrow! Charge your phones tonight!

Only a few players with multiple offers. Not all players will sign on Day 1, just FYI.

Get your offers out people!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Yeah I don't get the joke it's not like I offered Vladimir Ducasse and a 6th rojnd pick for Newton or something. Personally I'd rather have a 1st round and day 3 pick for Revis, not a qb who celebrates first downs when losing 21-0 to the worst team in the league.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

*sigh*

It's not about him thinking I was serious, it's about him thinking Darrelle Revis for Cam Newton was a fair trade...

Here, i'll give you my QB and face of my franchise and you give me a cornerback that'll be gone in a year. Sounds good!

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-09-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
*sigh*

It's not about him thinking I was serious, it's about him thinking Darrelle Revis for Cam Newton was a fair trade...

Here, i'll give you my QB and face of my franchise and you give me a cornerback that'll be gone in a year. Sounds good!
If he's the qb and face of your franchise then why would you put him on the block? Do you not realize the contradictory logic you're using?

Also the Revis end would imply you'd extend his contract
Old 04-09-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The Forum Mock Madness is starting to heat up! Me likey!

...just don't get carried away, k? There should be close to a million perceived bad offers before this mock is done. LOL.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

QUESTION.... If we make a trade offer for a RFA and it is accepted, who will determine their future contact? Would that be you, D?
- Atlanta Falcons GM
Old 04-09-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm willing to trade the face of my franchise, brandon weeden, for darrelle revis

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
i'm willing to trade the face of my franchise, brandon weeden, for darrelle revis
#6 pick or 2014 1st please