Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Rams have re-signed O-lineman Chris Williams to a one year 2.75 million dollar contract. Gives the Rams depth and can play multiple positions.

Also the Rams are bringing in LB Daryl Smith from the Jaguars for a visit.

With the Williams signing and if Smith gets a deal. The Rams are definitely going to have to restructure contracts. Finnegan, Bradford, Laurinitias, or anyone else.

Any thoughts on where the money is going to come from?

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
Old 04-01-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's important to note that Williams' contract is "up to" 2.75 million. It's probably filled with incentives. Doubt he ever reaches that number.

Would LOVE to sign Smith. I imagine someone is restructuring their contract, JL comes to mind. Hey maybe even Sam.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the signing of Williams it's more and more likely the Rams are going to go skill or defensive player early in the draft. Unless they trade back and get two or three picks in the 2nd or 3rd round, I don't see them taking a O-lineman til the 4th or beyond.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
With the signing of Williams it's more and more likely the Rams are going to go skill or defensive player early in the draft. Unless they trade back and get two or three picks in the 2nd or 3rd round, I don't see them taking a O-lineman til the 4th or beyond.
I agree with you on when I think they'll look at offensive lineman in this draft, but it has nothing to do with the Williams signing. Chris Williams shouldn't change any teams draft plans.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I agree with you on when I think they'll look at offensive lineman in this draft, but it has nothing to do with the Williams signing. Chris Williams shouldn't change any teams draft plans.
I agree. However, I think that this could be the kind of "no pressure" situation that could help a guy like this turn his career around.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

So, the Rams held a private workout with Quinton Patton. Really seems like the Rams are targeting a receiver early in the draft. They've had/will have visits with Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen, Quinton Patton and Justin Hunter. And have met with DeAndre Hopkins and Cordarrelle Patterson.

Other visits:

Eddie Lacy, Marcus Lattimore, Kyle Long, Khaseem Greene, Terron Armstead, Alec Ogletree

Last year Janoris Jenkins, Chris Givens, Isiah Pead, and Michael Brockers all made pre-draft visits. And we had a private workout with Quick.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 04-03-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Quote:
So, the Rams held a private workout with Quinton Patton. Really seems like the Rams are targeting a receiver early in the draft. They've had/will have visits with Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen, Quinton Patton and Justin Hunter. And have met with DeAndre Hopkins and Cordarrelle Patterson.

Other visits:

Eddie Lacy, Marcus Lattimore, Kyle Long, Khaseem Greene, Terron Armstead, Alec Ogletree

Last year Janoris Jenkins, Chris Givens, Isiah Pead, and Michael Brockers all made pre-draft visits. And we had a private workout with Quick.
Have they brought in any safeties yet?

Old 04-03-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
Have they brought in any safeties yet?
Not that I know of right now, but it's still early. I would imagine they'll bring in a few.

Other guys I know of that have visited....TJ Moe, Sheldon Richardson, David Bass, Brandon Williams, DJ Fluker, Mike Gillislee.

Moe, Richardson, Bass and Williams are in-state guys so they don't count as part of the 30-predraft visits, which is kind of nice.

I'm kinda falling in love with Manti.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not that I know of right now, but it's still early. I would imagine they'll bring in a few.

Other guys I know of that have visited....TJ Moe, Sheldon Richardson, David Bass, Brandon Williams, DJ Fluker, Mike Gillislee.

Moe, Richardson, Bass and Williams are in-state guys so they don't count as part of the 30-predraft visits, which is kind of nice.

I'm kinda falling in love with Manti.

What is it that you see that would attract the Rams? I mean we've already got an excellent MLB in JL that we just extended.

Where would Manti play? SLB? And could he project to WLB? I've got a lot of other candidates that I would like to see the Rams get who have played those positions.

WHAT SAY YE?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were running a 43 defense I'd keep Te'o in the middle and I am in the group that still feels he's worthy of a first round selection.

Gerald Hodges is a player who the Rams could get in the middle rounds and he'd have a legitimate chance at starting or competing for a spot immediately.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 04-04-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

My friend brought up a good point on Lacey. Now I'd just like to say I'm not a fan of selecting Lacey early, but in 2006 Fisher selected Lendale white in the 2nd round. On 2007 Fisher selected Chris Henry in the 2nd round (50th overall) and in 2008 Fisher selected Chris Johnson in the first round. So I don't think Fisher would think twice about taking Lacey if he feels he's an improvement at that position.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My friend brought up a good point on Lacey. Now I'd just like to say I'm not a fan of selecting Lacey early, but in 2006 Fisher selected Lendale white in the 2nd round. On 2007 Fisher selected Chris Henry in the 2nd round (50th overall) and in 2008 Fisher selected Chris Johnson in the first round. So I don't think Fisher would think twice about taking Lacey if he feels he's an improvement at that position.
I agree. And, while Fisher's track record with skill position players isn't fabulous, it isn't horrible, either. He definitely will draft backs and receivers. I believe that during his career WR is the position he has drafted 2nd most, next to corners.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I just got done watching the WR's on Steve Mariucci's "Game Changers." The 5 guys he had on the show were Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, Kenny Stills, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Da'Rick Rogers. A few thoughts on each that I took from the show...

Keenan Allen - Allen said he really liked Anquan Boldin's game. I thought this was very insightful, since Boldin is the guy that he has most been compared to. This tells me that he is paying attention to the draft process and knows his skills and limitations. He said that one of his best assets that he would bring to the NFL was his ability to block downfield. I came away liking him more than I did previously. I'm still not real high on him, but I would not feel horrible if we took him. I would rather have Woods or Stills in the 2nd/3rd than taking Allen in the 1st, though.

Robert Woods - I liked his humble demeanor. He talked about playing against Richard Sherman, and very shyly admitted to putting up 12/250 on him as a freshman. He was easily the quietest of the group. Woods said his best attributes as a player were his hands and route running, and all the other guys made little comments about him being a great route runner. I also liked that he talked about watching several different receivers, both big and small, to see what he could take from their game. I think he will be a very good pro, and I would feel very good about taking him in the 2nd round.

Kenny Stills - I really like Stills. He flashed a bit of cockiness, but not full-blown arrogance. He learned immediately every time Michael Irving gave them a tip on how to do things. He talked about never wanting to embarrass his family again the way he did when he got a DUI. A strong work ethic shone through his demeanor. With his first check from the NFL he said "I'm just gonna look at it in my bank account for a while because I haven't ever had any money." I really like him, especially if he were to fall to the 3rd round (although I think he is a solid 2nd rounder).

Cordarrelle Patterson - This guy is a true Diva. That being said, he was at the epicenter of everything they did. You just get the feeling like he has greatness built in, and that everyone around him knows it. He likes being the center of attention and has the looks, smile, and charisma to go with his ability. My first thought was, "That guy is going to be a star." I have made it well known that Tavon Austin is my guy in this year's draft, and I still feel that way, but Patterson went a long way to closing that gap.

Da'Rick Rogers - I wouldn't have this guy on my team if my best receiver was Mardy Gilyard. He looks like a thug, he talks like a thug, and he acts like a thug. He has bust written all over him. When he talked about how embarrassing his failed drug tests were I didn't believe a word he said, whereas I believed every word Kenny Stills said. He talked about buying expensive cars, wearing the "freshest cleats", etc. He is an attention ***** and I think he will fail miserably. No thanks.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I watched Game Changers as well. I actually thought Da'Rick presented himself well. And actually I didn't care for Stills, He needs to hit the weight room. But hey it's only a 15-20 minute episode so people are gonna see what they want.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that Keenan Allen's pro day was a disaster in the 40.

He supposedly ran a 4.71 and 4.75...ouch!! that is going to hurt his stock big time.

I also read that although his knee joint is healthy the muscles in his leg are only at about 75% or so. Begs the question why he would bother to run if he is not recovered enough to do so.

Also, it has been about 5 months since his PCL knee surgery and with the usual recovery time of a month or so this guy is starting to look like a slow healer.

WHAT SAY YE?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen's times weren't great by any stretch of the imagination, but they certainly support the Anquan Boldin comparisons. Will Allen only further mirror Boldin by falling to the second round?

Mike Mayock made a great comment on NFLN in that, after Patterson and Austin, the receivers probably come off the board with scheme fit as the biggest factor above anything else.

If the Rams are looking for someone with the ideal size/speed combo, Justin Hunter might be the guy. If they're looking for a more reliable, possession type target, maybe they prefer DeAndre Hopkins or Quinton Patton. If they want a physical presence who can operate over the middle, Allen is probably still in play.

Question: If Patterson and Austin are off the board, is there a receiver you guys feel comfortable enough taking in the first round, either @ 16 or 22?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Allen's times weren't great by any stretch of the imagination, but they certainly support the Anquan Boldin comparisons. Will Allen only further mirror Boldin by falling to the second round?

Mike Mayock made a great comment on NFLN in that, after Patterson and Austin, the receivers probably come off the board with scheme fit as the biggest factor above anything else.

If the Rams are looking for someone with the ideal size/speed combo, Justin Hunter might be the guy. If they're looking for a more reliable, possession type target, maybe they prefer DeAndre Hopkins or Quinton Patton. If they want a physical presence who can operate over the middle, Allen is probably still in play.

Question: If Patterson and Austin are off the board, is there a receiver you guys feel comfortable enough taking in the first round, either @ 16 or 22?

To answer your question in a word, no. I could see taking Mr. Austin but I am still not sold on C. Patterson. Not looking forward to anymore WR projects since we are still hoping Mr. Quick develops.

Also, since the Rams already have a possession receiver, Austin Pettis, I am not really interested in Keenan Allen at this point in time. I know many (including myself) went ballistic when we drafted Pettis and his 4.65. I want no part of a guy that is even slower than that.

At any rate that is how I see if for now.....

WHAT SAY YE?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I would feel comfortable taking DeAndre Hopkins at either pick. I'm actually more comfortable taking Hopkins than I am taking Patterson.

And I don't see the Boldin comparison with Allen.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:04 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I think that Patterson and Austin are 1a and 1b, depending on what teams are looking for. They can both do things that the other can't do. Personally I think this team has been looking for one guy to really make things happen in the passing game for several years, and Austin will be a playmaker right away. Patterson has the freakish athleticism to go along with great size and speed, and if he does not bust will likely become the more dominant player. But we need to make something happen now. I also think that Quick has a similar ceiling as Patterson, so I am leaning towards Austin. Also, Patterson was very quiet in big games at Tennessee, whereas Austin was a gamer nearly every week, regardless of who they played.

I have a one-word response for how I feel about Hopkins: Clemson.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Any advice on who I should tqke in our forum mock? Currently in the 3rd round. PM me if you have any advice!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sent you a PM!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Ok guys the draft is going pretty solid so far, right now I got...

1. Tavon Austin WR
2. Matt Elam S
2. Jamie Collins LB
3. Brian Winters OG
4. Marcus Lattimore RB
4. Terrance Williams WR

I traded pick #22 for pick #33, #98 and a 6th rounder. Maybe not great value in the trade but I got a few extra picks and selected a guy I was actually considering at #22. I wanted Cyprien, and I would of taken him at #22. It's my fault he's not a Ram, he was taken at #32, one pick before mine. I had a feeling Baltimore was gonna snag him, should of traded up but didn't.

Wasn't available for the Lattimore pick so it was picked for me, but I don't mind it at all. He probably would of been on my top 5 big board. And Terrance Williams is just to good of a value to pass on in the 4th round IMO.

Thanks NGSeiler for the Advice man!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Guys, you can all breath a sigh of relief: the Rams are bringing back Kellen Clemens.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Guys, you can all breath a sigh of relief: the Rams are bringing back Kellen Clemens.
Phew! I can finally sleep again! Okay, so anyway...
Old 04-17-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

With a little more than a week left thought it might be interesting if we did a mock on the Rams site here to see who might be available at the #16 or #22 spot. We can vote or just post mocks to see if everyone thinks Austin will fall to 16 or a Guard or whatever everyone thinks. If your interested lets see what we come up with.

Kansas City = Joeckel

Closed Thread