Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only problem is that the Bucs understandably want him to pass a physical.

So they can't make the trade on the clock before their doctors see him.

And where'd you get the Atlanta rumor?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
The only problem is that the Bucs understandably want him to pass a physical.

So they can't make the trade on the clock before their doctors see him.

And where'd you get the Atlanta rumor?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...lcons-interest

It's a stretch. Apparently today Atlanta said they weren't interested.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 04-08-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully he gets traded into our division and eats up someone's cap space like he's a dominant QB, cries for a new contract in 2 years, etc etc.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be wishing Revis into your division....
Old 04-08-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...lcons-interest

It's a stretch. Apparently today Atlanta said they weren't interested.
I think most people could connect the dots and see they weren't doing that move. You can't trade all those picks for Julio, then turn right back around and do it again for Revis and think you're depth won't be destroyed. TB is in a better situation to make that gamble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think most people could connect the dots and see they weren't doing that move. You can't trade all those picks for Julio, then turn right back around and do it again for Revis and think you're depth won't be destroyed. TB is in a better situation to make that gamble.
Absolutely. My main point is that the Jets should wait to trade Revis. They have about 2 weeks. If 1 other team is interested in Revis, the Jets gain a lot of leverage.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would not be wishing Revis into your division....
Why? He's coming off injury and missing 14 games, he'll probably end up missing training camps, and/or starting the season slow because of contract demands every other year. He'll be demanding a ridiculous sum of money for a player that is so far away from the ball.

He's a dominant cover guy. Cool, I'd care if teams had any reason to double our WR's anyway. Revis won't change how the Saints approach to game planning, and he's going to bring a lot of question marks in a time where the cap is pretty flat.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Why? He's coming off injury and missing 14 games, he'll probably end up missing training camps, and/or starting the season slow because of contract demands every other year. He'll be demanding a ridiculous sum of money for a player that is so far away from the ball.

He's a dominant cover guy. Cool, I'd care if teams had any reason to double our WR's anyway. Revis won't change how the Saints approach to game planning, and he's going to bring a lot of question marks in a time where the cap is pretty flat.
The Bucs are going to pay him that huge contract. The extension is probably already done.

The reason he kept demanding a new contract with the Jets is because their owner kept making promises that they'd re-do it...
Old 04-08-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
ESPN New York's Rich Cimini is confident Darrelle Revis will be traded to Tampa Bay before the NFL draft.
Multiple sources confirmed to Cimini that no Revis trade will happen before the week of the draft, but it is going down. Revis' contract is not seen as an obstacle because Bucs GM Mark Dominik is willing to satisfy his price tag, and "there's too much motivation on each side for it not to happen." The Bucs are desperate at cornerback, and the Jets are desperate for draft picks.
Related: Buccaneers
Source: ESPN New York Apr 8 - 9:28 PM
I'm gonna guess No. 13 and a 2014 4th.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be 13 and a 7th rounder that's it. Anything else would be over paying.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis and Goldson in the secondary? Yeah that's an upgrade. They still need to figure out a way to get a better pass rush. Especially now that Bennett, their sack leader from last season is gone.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live in NY and I dont understand why the Jets want a first rounder this year when should want the Buccaneers first rounder next year instead. Chances are, there will be a new HC, Sanchez and others will be gone and the QB class is better next year than it is this year. To me, trading Revis for a first rounder (and whatever else they can get) is good but I would prefer the first rounder to be next year instead of this year but thats just me.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I agree with you but that's a tough sell to the fan base especially as they try to sell PSL's.

It also tells the fan base and current team that they don't care about 2013. Which realistically isn't that bad of an idea for Idzik/Johnson or the fans. But it's the NFL - you can't tank seasons and anything can happen. And in NY there is no rebuilding.

I think they'll get a 2014 pick though. Maybe a 3rd or 4th.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Bucs are going to pay him that huge contract. The extension is probably already done.

The reason he kept demanding a new contract with the Jets is because their owner kept making promises that they'd re-do it...
In two years, he'll no longer be the highest paid defensive player, and he'll want a bigger contract. Never fails.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I live in NY and I dont understand why the Jets want a first rounder this year when should want the Buccaneers first rounder next year instead. Chances are, there will be a new HC, Sanchez and others will be gone and the QB class is better next year than it is this year. To me, trading Revis for a first rounder (and whatever else they can get) is good but I would prefer the first rounder to be next year instead of this year but thats just me.
The Jets would rather have this years pick because the Buc's 1st rounder next year will probably be somewhere in the 20s.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 04-09-2013 at 10:59 AM.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that the Jets and Idzik are keeping everything quiet right now. Let whoever the unnamed sources are (Revis' camp?) for Manish and the NY media wildly speculate while the team sorts this whole situation out.

The new management has been doing very well so far.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the Bucs have a pass rush? I should probably know more with the Falcons in their division, but they lost Bennett and a defense with an All-Pro secondary will still get lit up without a good pass rush.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Do the Bucs have a pass rush? I should probably know more with the Falcons in their division, but they lost Bennett and a defense with an All-Pro secondary will still get lit up without a good pass rush.
I wouldn't say "lit up". The Jets haven't had a pass rush in like, forever and they've still performed pretty well against the pass the last couple of years. Even when Revis went down. Of course Rex Ryan is in charge up there. So I'd say it depends.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Front end and the back end work together. It's cliche but true.

Tampa should look into Dwight Freeney.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
They have Adrian Clayborn who showed some promising signs as a rookie in ´11, but missed almost all of last season with a knee injury.
They also got DaQuan Bowers, but I wouldn´t hold my breath waiting for him to emerge.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I wouldn't say "lit up". The Jets haven't had a pass rush in like, forever and they've still performed pretty well against the pass the last couple of years. Even when Revis went down. Of course Rex Ryan is in charge up there. So I'd say it depends.
Yea I agree. Cromartie played well last year as their #1 cb. I think the Jets should eventually make this deal - move a 28 year old player coming off a knee injury after missing 14 games last season and use the first three picks on an impact WR, OG/RT (thinking Fluker) and use a second rounder on one of the QBs available. I think that would be a considered a successful haul.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Meh I wouldn't say it was terrible. Clayborn got hurt early and he's a beast and handful.

It does need to improve. Another de ANd DT next to mccò should improve it.

I hate the idea trading for Revis.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
They have Adrian Clayborn who showed some promising signs as a rookie in ´11, but missed almost all of last season with a knee injury.
They also got DaQuan Bowers, but I wouldn´t hold my breath waiting for him to emerge.
It's a good point though. They have projected talents. And they'll add some more during the draft without a doubt.

And McCoy can rush the passer from the inside.

There's just no way a secondary that adds Goldson, Revis, and potentially more doesn't improve the pass defense drastically.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't think Revis will ever think he is paid what he is worth. Once the shine wears off of his $16 million per year and other guys get fatter deals, regardless of position, he will start acting like he got the shaft again. The mistake the Jets have made is not in the promises, but in having a low salary in the middle of a contract. This year his salary is $6 million. Never mind the huge signing bonus he got, the huge salary the last two years, or any other bonuses he has picked up along the way. All he sees is the $6 million number and he feels underpaid. And, to his credit, he has been able to consistently get what he wants from the Jets.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You gotta give Revis a ton of credit. In a league where the owners have all the leverage, Revis is able to somehow get every penny he's worth while he can.

Once he's out of his prime he's not gonna make this kind of money and he knows it, so he's squeezing them for every penny while he can.

And to be fair, he's not really a jerk for it. Because once they have no more use for him as a player, they can cut him any time they want. So it goes both ways.