Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-09-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I wouldn't give them anything. Just send the prof the presentation materials ahead of time, explain that you tried to work with the others but no one would respond, and present the stuff yourself. If they have no proof that they contributed to the presentation they won't be able to argue that they should get a good grade.
This would work in any other class, but not in this situation which makes it that much more frustrating. Everyone gets the same grade, and since its a management course, part of the grade is how well you managed the group when **** went wrong. If someone doesn't want to do their part, you should punish them in your way. The prof wont give them a bad grade. So pretty much, anyone can do nothing, not ever present, and they'll get the same grade as everyone else. The people in my group know that, so they dont want o do anything, and are just expecting someone to care and do it. They'll reap benefit.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
You should do all the work for everyone, and then give them their "parts" they have to present but make sure you go first. In each of their parts, you should throw in random facts/comments that are completely irrelevant and if you have the cajones, borderline insulting to the class/teacher. Only give it to them the morning of the presentation because you were up late finishing so they have no time to review/practice.

Basically, go first and look like you have your **** together and then set them up to look like assholes.
I like this idea.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
no, i would've brighted you to get the **** out of the passing lane if you had no intention of passing anyone.

though, if it was on i-5, i would've quickly realized that no one passes anyone in seattle, because you're all stuck in perpetual traffic.
that's because they're all trying to work the speaker button on their phone because of the whole no talking and driving thing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
no, i would've brighted you to get the **** out of the passing lane if you had no intention of passing anyone.

though, if it was on i-5, i would've quickly realized that no one passes anyone in seattle, because you're all stuck in perpetual traffic.
I thought you were in the L.A. area so not sure that your traffic is any better than ours. Around here freeway traffic has about doubled over the last 20 years.

I could see you giving me some **** from behind, that's when the 425 hp comes in handy.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
that's because they're all trying to work the speaker button on their phone because of the whole no talking and driving thing.
No. They just talk on the cell phone anyway. And text. And drink their lattes. Not to be sexist but it's usually females. Hopefully they aren't having to shift too.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who listen to music on their phones without headphones, but out loud for all to hear.

Kindly turn that **** off.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who listen to music in their cars real loud with the windows down.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-09-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
People who listen to music in their cars real loud with the windows down.
What?! That's boss. I want everyone to know I'm rocking out to some gangsta jams in the burbs.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, njx in LA? He's only allowed to visit. Him and SARF living there at the same time would be far too much emo for 1 city.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
What?! That's boss. I want everyone to know I'm rocking out to some gangsta jams in the burbs.
I will throw a rock at your head if I see you do that.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-09-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
This is the best course of action you can take in a situation like this. I had a similar experience in a stats class (had to ingest a **** ton of adderrall to teach myself a bunch of stuff) then stayed up for almost 2 days straight building the material for the presentation.

A poster on here was actually generous enough to help me with it. That was a low point in my life since i was snorting adderrall in the library bathroom to stay awake and focused :/
If I knew you were snorting adderrall in a bathroom.....
Old 04-09-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giant spiders. **** that.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-10-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When on the way to work in the morning and encounter something/someone that really pisses you off routinely, and want to share it with this thread.

Then you get to work, and morning work BS makes you forget said annoyance.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I will throw a rock at your head if I see you do that.
Throwing a rock at my head while I'm driving my car is not an advisable action, I'd happily plow right into anyone who tried to hit me with a rock, and wouldn't adjust my volume down one bit.

The world needs to listen to some better ******* music anyway...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Throwing a rock at my head while I'm driving my car is not an advisable action, I'd happily plow right into anyone who tried to hit me with a rock, and wouldn't adjust my volume down one bit.

The world needs to listen to some better ******* music anyway...
This is undeniably true.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-21-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really grinds my gears when I'm reading an article by a professional writer and they use "affect" when they actually mean "effect" or vice versa.

I sometimes make mistakes like that, but nobody is paying me to write.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It really grinds my gears when I'm reading an article by a professional writer and they use "affect" when they actually mean "effect" or vice versa.

I sometimes make mistakes like that, but nobody is paying me to write.
That falls on the editor, tbh.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well thats even worse then. Two people who are paid to get it right ****** up.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-22-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So on Chicago buses the seating is set up so that there are pairs of seats facing forward with an aisle down the middle, one random "bench" of 3 seats facing the side, and then the very last row is either 3 or 5 seats across depending on the model.

My preference, as I'm sure most of yours is/would be, is to look for an open 2 seats or go to the 3/5 seats where you can sit comfortably with a space in between you and someone. Basically, if you can help it, don't sit next to anyone because everyone loves their space.

I get on the bus this morning, and it's semi-crowded where all the pairs of seats have at least one person. So I head towards the back and look at the 3 seater. There's one asshole sitting in the middle seat. Even if it was crowded and emptied before I got on, you don't stay in the middle seat. Slide your ass to one of the end seats so that someone else can enjoy not having to sit all up in your business. I don't mind having to sit next to people if it's crowded, but when you're a jackass and eliminate the possibility you should be punched in the throat.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its like taking the middle urinal.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Its like taking the middle urinal.
I hate THAT guy...****** meat gazers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else tired of "Rise of..." or "Rises" or "Rising" in the titles of so many movies, shows, games, etc.? I'd like to see a little more rise in the creativity of people making these titles.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to not like how many things on eBay are "buy it now" instead of auction style but I can see why people have been doing that. I have been selling my 360 games to start saving up for one of the new systems and no one pays. 5 games and only 1 has paid so far. Now I have to wait 4 days before opening a "bidder did not pay" report and then have to wait another 3-4 days before getting close the account and not get charged the fee.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people who want there lunchmeat chipped
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who assume their perception must be reality and there is no way they can be wrong.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote