Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only difference is id take hunter at 31 and lattimore at 79

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

conflicting reports from lacy's workout today...

some saying he ran "in the 4.4's" others are clocking him in around 4.6-4.7 and say his conditioning was terrible

dont know what to make of it but if he is there in the 2nd i'd take him with no hesitation

Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

sio moore to visit today... it's pretty clear what our intentions in this draft are with a plethora of CB/LB's coming in

Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

last two years we didnt bring in our two first round picks for workouts... but ended up selecting many players in the 2nd and middle rounds
in 2010 we did bring in pouncey

just interesting to note really.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did we bring in Hood for a workout?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Did we bring in Hood for a workout?
i got the info from steelersdepot.com and he didnt go that far back in the article

having said that what a freaking bum hood has been seeing as he is entering his 4th year

Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
only difference is id take hunter at 31 and lattimore at 79
Agreed.

I think they can survive with Dwyer/Redman or Bradshaw this year and wait for Lattimore to be 100% in 2014. I think looking back on it whomever drafts him could be getting a huge steal.

I'm growing more and more fond of Travis Kelce as a mid round TE that we could plug in. Solid blocker, solid playmaker, something we are definitely going to need at TE with Heath being hurt and no depth at WR. Plus once Heath comes back, you finally have a legit 2nd TE that could probably grow tremendously under Heath.

I think their best bet is to trade back and try to gather as many picks as possible. 31 to 17 is a big jump, I would think they would be able to garner more than just SF's 3rd round pick.

I'm hoping Lacy ran closer to the 4.6 number than the 4.4. He's about the only back I would take in the second and there's a better chance of him sliding with average/below average 40 times. I think I'd still go with Lattimore in the later rounds.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
Agreed.

I think they can survive with Dwyer/Redman or Bradshaw this year and wait for Lattimore to be 100% in 2014. I think looking back on it whomever drafts him could be getting a huge steal.

I'm growing more and more fond of Travis Kelce as a mid round TE that we could plug in. Solid blocker, solid playmaker, something we are definitely going to need at TE with Heath being hurt and no depth at WR. Plus once Heath comes back, you finally have a legit 2nd TE that could probably grow tremendously under Heath.

I think their best bet is to trade back and try to gather as many picks as possible. 31 to 17 is a big jump, I would think they would be able to garner more than just SF's 3rd round pick.

I'm hoping Lacy ran closer to the 4.6 number than the 4.4. He's about the only back I would take in the second and there's a better chance of him sliding with average/below average 40 times. I think I'd still go with Lattimore in the later rounds.
id take bernard or franklin in the second in a heartbeat
Old 04-11-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gio Bernard reminds me of a mix between ray rice and Willie Parker.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I"d take Bernard.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:15 AM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm starting to think that the combo of GBernard and Dwyer would be pretty sick!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mock based on getting a third rounder for Sanders:

1) Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
2) Robert Woods WR USC
3) Sio Moore LB UConn
3) Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
4) TJ McDonald S USC
5) Josh Boyce WR TCU
6) Tharold Simon CB LSU
6) Malliciah Goodman DE Clemson
7) Chris Jacobson G Pittsburgh
Old 04-13-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Mock based on getting a third rounder for Sanders:

1) Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
2) Robert Woods WR USC
3) Sio Moore LB UConn
3) Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
4) TJ McDonald S USC
5) Josh Boyce WR TCU
6) Tharold Simon CB LSU
6) Malliciah Goodman DE Clemson
7) Chris Jacobson G Pittsburgh
Sweet mock! Would rather have a more versatile safety though, I'd take Duke Williams or Swearinger over McDonald.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarvis Jones and Woods will make me happy enough.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Any prospects climbing the charts that we haven't heard of yet? I'm running out of players to scout! Seems like this year we are all in agreement on most of our picks?
Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
Any prospects climbing the charts that we haven't heard of yet? I'm running out of players to scout! Seems like this year we are all in agreement on most of our picks?
Scout everyone! There is no player/position I can't see us drafting this year, we could draft anyone!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

Kniles Davis is a rb not many people are talking about. He seems to be faster than LBell with the same size?

And what do you guys know about fumbling with the rbs? Any of them have fumbling problems?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These are my 4 players I want

WR Quinton Patton

FS David Amerson

CB Tyrann Mathieu

SS Duke Williams
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matched Sanders offer - left with just over $700K until June 1 when $5.5m of Colon's contract comes off the books - there goes any FA's anyone was thinking about.

If we don't sign him long term then I'll be left to wonder why we matched.....
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
Matched Sanders offer - left with just over $700K until June 1 when $5.5m of Colon's contract comes off the books - there goes any FA's anyone was thinking about.

If we don't sign him long term then I'll be left to wonder why we matched.....
I wouldn't be surprised if we told some guys that we'd sign them as soon as we have the cap room. I don't know if that's possible, but it could be.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matched to have a starting WR. Cotch, Plax, or a rookie? No thanks. I wouldn't have hated either decision, but this one clearly makes the team better this year, and that's a good thing when you have franchise QB. Give him the weapons he needs to give this team a chance every year. With Wallace gone and Heath out, this almost had to happen.

The free agents can wait. Especially a RB. Veterans were left unsigned forever last offseason and likely will be again.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

apparently ben was calling everyone in the organization practically begging them to keep manny... i dont know if:

a) thats true
b)anyone cared

but its nice to think that there is some love there

Old 04-15-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

what this did do tho is give manny incentive to have a great year AND raise his value so if we don't sign him long term and lose him next year we can potentially get a higher comp pick as his next contract will now likely be higher than it would have been

Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

obviously i'm in the minority here and i hope that i'm wrong if we get him but i just am not sure jarvis jones is a good fit for what we do and how often our olb's are asked to drop in coverage

Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
obviously i'm in the minority here and i hope that i'm wrong if we get him but i just am not sure jarvis jones is a good fit for what we do and how often our olb's are asked to drop in coverage
We make them drop too much imo. Wood and Deebo were average at best, Worilds is more athletic than the two if them, but he would still be best served bringing the heat and setting the edge. Steelers OLB's rarely make a play in coverage, it would be more effective if they dropped less, take the offense by surprise.