Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Roddy should be playing with a chip

One guy who should come out this year with a massive chip on his shoulder is a guy that has received for over 1100 yards in 6 straight seasons, amassing nearly 8000 yards and 50 TDs in that time. While his teammate is being pegged as a superstar blossoming before our eyes, forgotten is the man who still remains the best receiving option on his team - a team that includes a 13-time pro-bowl TE. Yes, Im talking about Roddy White, who was snubbed from the pro-bowl last year, while Julio Jones was voted in. While it's true Jones is a phenomenal talent, White still is a better route runner with better hands. White can't compare to off-the-charts athletes like Jones and Calvin Johnson, he is still one of the best size/speed/athleticsm/ball skills combos in this league. He is a savvy veteran still in his physical prime, and he came up huge in the clutch for the Falcons last year - a team that owned the league's best record for the entirety of the season, and did it by closing out tight games.

It's hard to say there is a go-to guy in the Falcons offense because they simply have too many great weapons (Jones, White, Tony Gonzalez, Steven Jackson, Jacqizz Rodgers, Harry Douglas), but it somehow feels like Roddy White is the go-to guy when the chips are down. Gonzalez is their first down and redzone menace, but he isn't nearly as effective of a downfield weapon as he once was. Throw enough balls in the direction in Julio Jones direction in a game and he will undoubetdly make some big plays, but he can't yet be counted on to get open and make the tough catches in clutch situations. When the game's on the line, Matt Ryan will make his reads, but Roddy will be the guy Ryan knows he can count on to get to the right place and make a big play. Richard Sherman, the self-annointed best corner in the league, has come out and publically called White soft, the product of a system, and not difficulut to stop. For whatever reason, White is not getting the respect he deserves as one of the top receivers in the league. It should matter that he has led his team in receiving six straight years, and that his team has made the playoffs in four of those seasons and had winning records in 5 of them.

Then again, the whole Falcon team doesnt get enough respect. Theyve been one of the leagues most consisently winning teams since they drafted Matt Ryan and hired Mike Smith, but get dumped on for their poor playoff record. In reality, this team didn't have the talent or experience to win in the playoffs a few years ago. They should be proud of overachieveing and making the playoffs those years, not bagged on for getting beat by superior teams. But things are different now. This team has had major upgrades in talent and are now battle-hardened. They consistently showed the ability to close out tough games and came very close to making the Super Bowl last year. Yet, they just dont get the same hype as the 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos, Patriots and Packers. This whole team should be coming out with a chip on their shoulder this year, eager to prove they are an elite team. Roddy White should be leading the charge in this department, playing hard to prove to everyone that he is an elite receiver.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to know.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roddy will always be the Robin to Julio Jones' Batman. The Falcons gave up a ton to get him and Julio is just more talented.

It's not dissimilar to the situation in Arizona when Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin were teammates.

They can't both be THE MAN.

Stop making excuses for the Falcons early playoff exits. No one cares.
If you don't win once your team makes the playoffs, you're not one of the better teams in the NFL.

How is it overachieving to be the #1 overall seed in the NFC playoffs???
Old 04-10-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bro...bro...bro..your story....it's cool.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Roddy will always be the Robin to Julio Jones' Batman. The Falcons gave up a ton to get him and Julio is just more talented.

It's not dissimilar to the situation in Arizona when Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin were teammates.

They can't both be THE MAN.

Stop making excuses for the Falcons early playoff exits. No one cares.
If you don't win once your team makes the playoffs, you're not one of the better teams in the NFL.

How is it overachieving to be the #1 overall seed in the NFC playoffs???
lol dumbass im not a Falcon fan Im a Raider fan. I was rooting for the Niners in the NFCCG. Its just my opinion. And to me, your attitude is exactly why I wrote this. Julio is more talented, but Roddy is better. And if Matt Ryan needs a big play in crunch time, Roddy is THE MAN he looks for first. And its not really like the Anquan-Fitz situation because Fitzgerald had better fundamentals and hands and was more physically talented than Boldin there was no question who the #1 is. And in my opinion, the three previous seasons the Falcons got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, they overachieved in the reg season, but were not yet equipped for playoff success. With the emergence of guys like Thomas Decoud, William Moore, Sean Weatherspoon, Jacquizz Rodgers, Sam Baker, and yes, Julio Jones, along with additions of vets like Tony G, Assante Samuel and Steven Jackson, that has changed. This is no longer a young team without playoff experience and a deficiency of elite talent. This the kind of team I love to win Superbowls - great mix of grizzled veterans and young, talented players ready to step into stardom.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roddy is great. Julio is better.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
lol dumbass im not a Falcon fan Im a Raider fan. I was rooting for the Niners in the NFCCG. Its just my opinion. And to me, your attitude is exactly why I wrote this. Julio is more talented, but Roddy is better. And if Matt Ryan needs a big play in crunch time, Roddy is THE MAN he looks for first. And its not really like the Anquan-Fitz situation because Fitzgerald had better fundamentals and hands and was more physically talented than Boldin there was no question who the #1 is. And in my opinion, the three previous seasons the Falcons got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, they overachieved in the reg season, but were not yet equipped for playoff success. With the emergence of guys like Thomas Decoud, William Moore, Sean Weatherspoon, Jacquizz Rodgers, Sam Baker, and yes, Julio Jones, along with additions of vets like Tony G, Assante Samuel and Steven Jackson, that has changed. This is no longer a young team without playoff experience and a deficiency of elite talent. This the kind of team I love to win Superbowls - great mix of grizzled veterans and young, talented players ready to step into stardom.
Gtdamn

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol dumbass im not a Falcon fan Im a Raider fan. I was rooting for the Niners in the NFCCG. Its just my opinion. And to me, your attitude is exactly why I wrote this. [b]Julio is more talented, but Roddy is better.[\b] And if Matt Ryan needs a big play in crunch time, Roddy is THE MAN he looks for first. And its not really like the Anquan-Fitz situation because Fitzgerald had better fundamentals and hands and was more physically talented than Boldin there was no question who the #1 is. And in my opinion, the three previous seasons the Falcons got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, they overachieved in the reg season, but were not yet equipped for playoff success. With the emergence of guys like Thomas Decoud, William Moore, Sean Weatherspoon, Jacquizz Rodgers, Sam Baker, and yes, Julio Jones, along with additions of vets like Tony G, Assante Samuel and Steven Jackson, that has changed. This is no longer a young team without playoff experience and a deficiency of elite talent. This the kind of team I love to win Superbowls - great mix of grizzled veterans and young, talented players ready to step into stardom.
LOL WUT

how does Jones beat White in talent, but he isn't better?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had no idea it was such a foregone conclusion that Julio was better until I saw these responses.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I had no idea it was such a foregone conclusion that Julio was better until I saw these responses.
Same here. I liked the comment a lot to how they are similar to Fitz and Boldin when they were on the Cards. They are both great. It is hard for me to give one the clear edge.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Then again, the whole Falcon team doesnt get enough respect.
You earn that in the playoffs.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roddy is kind of overrated he drops to much across the middle for my liking and he doesn't really step up in big moments all too much. Yeah him burning Sherman was clutch but what other times has he done something like that?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Agreed. Roddy White is a GREAT #1. Are there WR's I would take over him in the NFL?? Obviously, Yes. But that doesn't take away from his skills/accomplishments.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-11-2013 at 11:47 AM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah ive felt like Jones since being drafted was given the "glory and fame" and Roddy White was pushed aside. Dude is still there go to, he is there #1 and the best WR on the team.

I know this is a dumb example but its like a shiny new sports car that hasnt really changed, but it only really has flashy things that makes it stand out. All the while you have another sports car in the garage that is just as fast and has proven to be a winner, but not as flashy so people dont notice it...but at the end of the day when you need to win the race you always open your garage and use the car that no one notices.

SO sorry for the ramble... but people think Julio is soo much better because, he is faster, taller and can jump. BUT for some reason Roddy still is the guy that is matched up against #1's and is Matty Ice's go to.. riddle me that?

MAYBE it does not all come down to bigger and faster but who is actually better.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think your first post is on point and well written. I think your second post is on point for the response and amusing.

I'm not sure if you kicked someone's dog and that's where the initial reaction is coming from. To me, it seems like a reasonable topic for a thread (especially in the relative down time pre-draft) and +rep'd you.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Good to know.
Knowing is half the battle.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand how Jacquizz Rodgers is a weapon. He's an average at best #2 back. And apparently Harry Douglas is a weapon too.

There are just teams better than the Falcons out there. Their defense is meh to me.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harry Douglas is a weapon when he is playing with those 2 on the outside. Douglas has speed and has made a lot of big plays for them when left alone in the slot covered by a safety/nickel.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-11-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I don't understand how Jacquizz Rodgers is a weapon. He's an average at best #2 back. And apparently Harry Douglas is a weapon too.

There are just teams better than the Falcons out there. Their defense is meh to me.
Considering both "great weapons" is clearly a stretch. I just considered it akin to poetic license.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Considering both "great weapons" is clearly a stretch. I just considered it akin to poetic license.
Like if I said Brad Smith is a legit #2 WR in the NFL, I can get away with due to poetic license correct?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Like if I said Brad Smith is a legit #2 WR in the NFL, I can get away with due to poetic license correct?
Considering the management of your team lately, I'm willing to give Bills fans an awful lot of leeway. So, yes, that's correct.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Considering the management of your team lately, I'm willing to give Bills fans an awful lot of leeway. So, yes, that's correct.
The benefits of being a horrible team and everyone knowing it gets you a lot more benefits than you would expect.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
The benefits of being a horrible team and everyone knowing it gets you a lot more benefits than you would expect.
The Bills are still a very proud and storried franchise... much more than the Falcons can say
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
The Bills are still a very proud and storried franchise... much more than the Falcons can say
Unfortunately that's all we got at the moment. History. It's not easy having the longest drought from the playoffs currently in the NFL. 1999 Yikes.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post

If rodgers was their #1 back, yes thats a problem. But in some situations, he can be an explosive playmaker. To have him as a scatback, that is a very nice weapon. When hes your 6th best offensive weapon, thats great. The D cant spend too much attention on him, and he can gash some one for a big play. Versatility is important on offense, and having a good scat back is very important in this league for certain packages/situations, and I think Rodgers is one of the top backup running backs out there and a great scat back...Let SJax wear the D out pounding b/w the tackles, and then throw Rodgers in there with his fresh legs and see if he doesnt rip off some nice gains.

Same for Douglas, wouldnt be hyping him as a starter, but when hes your #3, thats damn good. They gotta put their two best on Roddy and Julio and give safety help. That means favorable matchups for your slot guy. When you have a good player as your #3, and the Falcons do, they can take advantage of that.