Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Who is it at #5?
Luke Joeckel 0 0%
Eric Fisher 7 31.82%
Dee Milliner 0 0%
Ezekiel Ansah 9 40.91%
Dion Jordan 1 4.55%
Lane Johnson 4 18.18%
Bjoern Werner 0 0%
Star Lotulelei 0 0%
Jarvis Jones 0 0%
Other / Trade Down 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Predict the Lions 1st round pick

Time for a poll to see the general consensus on who the Lions end up with. If you choose the other option then state the pick down below. Reasoning and explanation for your choice is encouraged.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT in round 1 to protect Stafford's blindside. He's the most valuable entity on the team and must be protected at all costs.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Eric Fisher even though I'm not sure if he will be there or not. The next option if Fisher is gone would be Milliner, at least that's who I would pick if Fisher is gone.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with Ansah. They coached him at the Senior Bowl. Huge need at DE. Mayhew loves drafting defensive line guys. Haven't shown a lot of interest in free agent DEs, even though there are some strong vets like Freeny and Abraham out there. Puts him in a great position to succeed with Suh and Fairley on the inside.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going trade down, based off the assumption fischer will be gone.

With Lane johnson as the only top OT left, I think Arizona trades up with us to grab him, out of fear that San Diego will move up to 6 to leap frog them.

We get their 2nd, and still get Ansah. Take Menelik Watson and a WR in the second round.

Now if Fischer is there we take him and solidify the line.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Dion Jordan. I think he's better than Ansah and Joeckel/Fisher are gone at pick 5. I think the trade up occurs at pick 4 so someone can snatch Fisher leaving the Lions stuck at pick 5. Hope Jordan can be a 10 sack, 6 Qb hit, 40 hurry guy. Those long arms would nice to get the strip sack back in Motown. Room for bulk, great athlete and more polished than Ansah. Gives some flexibility in coverage and blitzing a LB.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Lions-Slappy
Rookie

Lions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I went with Ansah, I would prefer one of the top 2 OT's but both are gone. Mayhew never seems to pull off a trade with our #1 overall first pick, so I doubt we can trade down.

Milliner medical issues are dropping him (are they legit, or normal per-draft smoke screens another team started)

If Fisher and Joeckel are gone I don't want the 3rd best OT with the 5th overall pick.
Lions-Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Lane Johnson, he is no worse that the 6th rated prospect in this draft with a huge upside which could result in him ending up as the best LT from this year's draft and a far better pro than Ansah, Jordan and Milliner.
I love his nastiness and during the Senior Bowl practices and game, not one DE beat him and got to the QB.

Fisher and Joeckel will both be long gone by #5 and right now they are slightly more finished LT's than Johnson but I doubt it stays that way for long. It would be an easy trade down for Mayhew because teams will be lining up for Johnson if Detroit is willing to pass but I won't give a plug nickle for Stafford's career and our offense if we pass on any of the LT's, should one still be available at pick #5.

If Mayhew drafts Ansah which I'm positive he won't, it could easily lead to his firing. I doubt any team in the top 5 or 6 will touch a prospect as raw as Ansah, it is a bust waiting to happen and will cost some foolish GM his job.
I see a big slide coming for him on draft day.

Jordan I like but his best position is OLB in a 3-4. We would have to be positive, he will gain 20+ lbs. for him to be effective in our defense.

I also like Milliner but don't see CB as a crushing need and he will need surgery to repair his injury before the season starts and that is bound to drop him a few spots.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree 100% with everything you said Iamcanadian.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote