Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-11-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome. Do all those bands play both weekends? I'm sure they don't but does anyone have a easy to read schedule on who's playing when?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure every band is obligated to play both weekends as I strongly doubt that Goldenvoice would schedule them otherwise. If they play the same timeslot both weekends though, I have no idea.

The above schedule isn't dead-on, but very close. For the live-feed itself and most accurate scheduling, jump on Coachella's youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/coachella).

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have fun at Coachella everyone who is attending. I love the internet, 8:20 tonight I will be watching ALT-J streaming live.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup I already jumped on to see how it was streaming. I remember last year it was kind of come and go but that could have just been my connection.

Who wil everyone be watching today/tonight?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've already resigned to the fact that I will likely be watching this all day.

Jake Bugg already put on a solid show, and I'll be checking out Johnny Marr, Beardyman, Divine Fits, Alt-J, Lee 'Scratch Perry, Palma Violets, Japandroids, Local Natives, OMaM, Beach House, Modest Mouse, YYYs, Purity Ring, Grinderman, Blur, J5, Foals, and Earl.

I should probably go get some beer or something.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-12-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sooo everyone but Passion Pit? haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly I know a lot less music than Hobbes but I am checking out Alt-J, Japandroids, Beach House, Modest Mouse and possibly Blur.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
There's a bunch of others I have no interest in, and I've seen a few that I listed in person. But if I'm going to be here all day, might as well get picky.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-12-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
I've already resigned to the fact that I will likely be watching this all day.

Jake Bugg already put on a solid show, and I'll be checking out Johnny Marr, Beardyman, Divine Fits, Alt-J, Lee 'Scratch Perry, Palma Violets, Japandroids, Local Natives, OMaM, Beach House, Modest Mouse, YYYs, Purity Ring, Grinderman, Blur, J5, Foals, and Earl.

I should probably go get some beer or something.
Get high and have about 30 friends crowd your living room around you as you watch the stream on a big screen.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The one time I saw passion pit live, they were thoroughly mediocre.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

So glad I tuned in to Johnny Marr. How Soon is Now. ******* swoon.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

I'm sure Morrisey is throwing a fit somewhere.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-12-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
I'm sure Morrisey is throwing a fit somewhere.
Hahaha I can picture it in my head now. He totally is.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

In a way, it makes it even better.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-12-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I saw Passion Pit live at the Garden in February and I came in with low expectations because I didn't think it would translate live. I was blown away by them shockingly. They sounded really good. I actually gained a lot more respect for them because of it. They're not as electronic as you think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I really do love Alt-J. That performance of Fitzpleasure was AMAZING.

Kind of sad I wasn't smoking a joint for the 'get high' part of Something Good.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I really do love Alt-J. That performance of Fitzpleasure was AMAZING.

Kind of sad I wasn't smoking a joint for the 'get high' part of Something Good.
This set is really good. I wish they were playing at FireFly when I go.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Though I haven't yet seen them live, I've watched a few of their sets online and they kill it every time. No doubt one of the best bands that came out last year.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-12-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you're totally right, i wouldn't have ever guessed that their live show would be like this. not amazing, but definitely solid.
My expectations were too high for them and it was an outdoor set in the afternoon.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Wait so NJX agrees with me finally on something? holy crap. Also Youtube did them no justice because he was much better in the Garden.

Anyway like NJX just said I don't know what to here. Native or Japandroids?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I just turned it onto Lee Scratch Perry, the aforementioned black on channel 2, having never heard them before and they are actually really good.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

You know that's right.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

I'm so glad that Karen O is back. She's my fave.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Last edited by hobbes2053 : 04-13-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:37 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Cut Chemist and J5 are blowing my mind right now.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-13-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack