Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
and Mike Johnson... who played LT in college.,
I didn't forget him, just didn't feel like mentioning. He actually started at RT before moving to guard and then did spot starts for Andre Smith at LT when he was out.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get excited ATLDirtyBirds.

#LamarHolmesTime
Old 04-06-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way he lasts till 30, but I've reached the conclusion that Eifert would likely be too good to pass up at 30. The Falcons could line up 2WR, 2TE, 1RB all day. After 2013, Eifert would be there to take over as the #1 TE. He's not making it to 30, but he'd be too nice a fit to pass up.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can Eifert start at DE?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking for a Falcons GM in the forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...79#post3322879

edit: dunagan got 'em

Last edited by D-Unit : 04-07-2013 at 04:31 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Lightbulb

Let's be safe, get Eifert, and continue to come up just short.

Our first round pick must start and be in full gear by the postseason.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Falcons have 11 picks, I believe. If I was Thomas, I'd be thinking real hard about a modest trade up to get an impact defender. Maybe Werner is they guy they should be looking at if he makes it into the 20s.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
So the Falcons have 11 picks, I believe. If I was Thomas, I'd be thinking real hard about a modest trade up to get an impact defender. Maybe Werner is they guy they should be looking at if he makes it into the 20s.
Id be fine with that. Though I feel he really wants a CB, being thats his expertise.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Werner is a guy I trade up for. I would trade up for some players if they fell, but he isn't one of them. Not crazy about any of the guys from FSU outside of Rhodes.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.

I would be O.K. with a trade up if the guy TD wants is there.

I just see picks 20-40 as being one big jumbled mess. No telling who really falls or gets picked early. If your guy is there go get him.

Note: I see picks 5-20 as a big jumbled mess too. This year will be the hardest to project in recent memory.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Ok fellas. Im OTC in our forum draft. Tried trading up to land Trufant but he was picked right before the guy I was trading with so that fell thru. I am now stuck at 30 (trying to trade down) but if I cant ill have to make a pick for a player I dont think values there but it is what it is.

Trufant, Rhodes, Eifert, Carridine all gone.

Who are yall feeling we should land if this situation indeed does happen?
Old 04-13-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would put us in a tough situation. I'm not really sure what to do, maybe CB.

Jamar Taylor has really seen his stock rise lately. Todd Mcshay has us picking him in his latest mock. Walter Football has him going before our pick and infront of Desmond Trufant.

Other options include Johnthan Banks and Robert Alford who have an early to mid 2nd round grade if you would like to reach or trade down for them. Outside of that, there aren't too many things we could do actually.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 04-13-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
That would put us in a tough situation. I'm not really sure what to do, maybe CB.

Jamar Taylor has really seen his stock rise lately. Todd Mcshay has us picking him in his latest mock. Walter Football has him going before our pick and infront of Desmond Trufant.

Other options include Johnthan Banks and Robert Alford who have an early to mid 2nd round grade if you would like to reach or trade down for them. Outside of that, there aren't too many things we could do actually.
I agree, Taylor was the only guy worth considering, way too early for any of the DE prospects.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

What about a defensive tackle? Who's available?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What about a defensive tackle? Who's available?
Sylvester Williams, Hankins, Jesse Williams, quite a few
Old 04-13-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Sylvester Williams would be a pick I'd feel good about. He seems like a guy who may be able to contribute heavily as a rookie.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sylvester Williams would be a pick I'd feel good about. He seems like a guy who may be able to contribute heavily as a rookie.
I picked Jamar Taylor CB, Boise State. If I went with Williams I knew Id be missing out on a position on need until pick 92 so I didnt want to risk that.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

So far in our forum mock:

pick 30- Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise St.
pick 60- Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
Old 04-13-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

So what kind of positions are you gonna be looking for in the next couple of rounds?

Maybe CB/DT/TE/OT?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-13-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I would be giddy if we got him in round 2.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Pending on who is there possibly OLB as well. Got the two big needs addressed so I'll probably go BPA at any of those positions.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Realistically you could draft any position besides QB or a punter it'll fill a need.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-14-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Realistically you could draft any position besides QB or a punter it'll fill a need.
I actually really wanted to draft Brad Wing in the 6th or 7th. He is a beast
Old 04-14-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
I actually really wanted to draft Brad Wing in the 6th or 7th. He is a beast
No need to waste a pick on a punter with as many holes as the team has. Bosher has been pretty solid and he's still improving.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-14-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No need to waste a pick on a punter with as many holes as the team has. Bosher has been pretty solid and he's still improving.
Agreed, but we have 3 7ths and hes one of the best punters Ive seen since Lechler.