Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-08-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ziggy <3

Star <3

Then after that there are a bunch of guys I would be fine with.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Ziggy <3

Star <3

Then after that there are a bunch of guys I would be fine with.
Pretty much that.

I'm still trying to figure out what pick would really shock me. Jarvis Jones maybe?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear if we move Akeem Ayers to DE babies will be punched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I'm fine with us lining him up at DE on obvious passing downs, but yes if he was moved there full time I would not be pleased.

Also Keenan Allen ran in the 4.7s at his pro day today. He said he's still recovering from an injury, but it looks like he will take a fall.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 04-09-2013 at 02:01 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we'd be foolish enough to put Ayers at DE full-time. I hope anyway...

Hey, is it mock time? Sure! Any time is mock time!

1) OG - Jonathan Cooper
Our best defensive options are gone, and we don't want to go CB or WR just yet. This is a safe, but kinda boring pick. Hopefully this line is solidified for the next few years as one of the best in the league. Can bring out the best in the run game, and hopefully let Locker concentrate on his receivers and forget there are big, bad mean out there who want to hurt his shoulder.

2) CB - Jamar Taylor
Hopefully a starter in the future, can let Verner go inside in the nickle. Looks like a solid all around CB with no big flaws other than maybe just average size. It seems the Titans want a CB who can contribute against the run, he can do that. Tommie Campbell...we'll never know...let's hope he doesn't turn into the girl that got away...boy, sorry Tommie...but shouldn't it be Tommy?

3) WR _ Da'Rick Rogers
And Titan/Vols fans go wild!!! But seriously, if he keeps his mind right, we don't have to worry as much about Britt. It's amazing how similar they are, and how much they could help the team...we just need one to not be a knucklehead. They can never be allowed to develop a friendship!

3) I dunno. Someone else give me an idea!!!

4) WR - Chris Harper
Washington hears we drafted yet another WR and storms out of the facility never to be seen again! Dang, and I liked him...but apparently the team wasn't planing on exchanging Christmas gifts this year. The Hawk is a bit too slow to realize this draft means his time is over here in TN too. He wishes he could read the writing on that pink slip of paper they handed him. WR group rebuild mode initiated.

5) OG/OT - Hugh Thornton
When they said they were gonna change the o-line, they weren't kidding. Now there is serious competition for depth. Thornton can play outside or in, and could push any of the backup o-line off the team (it's not the youngest group, lots of gray, falling out hair). He could be groomed to eventually be a starter like Amano and Valesco were. OL group rebuild mode complete.

6) DE- Mike Catapano
And the Draft Countdown Forums go wild!!! But seriously, looks like a solid late round guy with possibly a high ceiling. If all else fails, he can be the team accountant. Smart guy that one. Teaches The Hawk how to read "You're fired".

7) DE/OLB - Troy Davis
Could be used as a backup to Ayers, or just pass rush DE. Similar size, tested really well at his Pro Day and had solid production. No witty comments left, let's just hope he doesn't suck.

7) DT - Anthony Rashad White
6-1, 335 Big boy in the middle to backup SLH. Kinda reminds me of a bigger Jurrell Casey. Or even Vince Wilfork with the monster gut! As you'd expect, he holds his ground well, but he can push the pocket too when singled up. Has surprising quickness for a big guy. Caught all the Twinkies delivery trucks, now there's none left for the rest of us.

With the way this team is currently built, I threw in some depth guys who are similar to the guys in front of them on the depth chart. They can hopefully fill in if the starter gets hurt, or just be used in rotation, or just be cut.

Last edited by Bobo : 04-09-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) WR Cordarrelle Patterson TEN
2) DE Cornelius Carradine FSU
3) C/G Barrett Jones ALA
3) CB BW Webb W&M
4) WR Chris Harper KSU
5) DE/DT Lawrence Okoye No College
6) LB Keith Pough Howard
7) OT Roger Gaines TN St
7) LB Jake Knott Iowa St
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
3) C/G Barrett Jones ALA
3) CB BW Webb W&M
4) WR Chris Harper KSU
6) LB Keith Pough Howard
7) OT Roger Gaines TN St
7) LB Jake Knott Iowa St
I actually quite like this one. Maybe wait a little on Okoye though, but I don't think anyone knows his value. I think at worst he's a 7th RDer though. A NFLN guy said he could be a priority FA, but I don't wanna miss out on him in UDFA.

Also, Drew and I signed DE Israel Idonije and CB Cedric Griffin in the forum mock's FA. 1yr/$1mil for each. Set us up to go BPA throughout the entire thing if we want.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I actually quite like this one. Maybe wait a little on Okoye though, but I don't think anyone knows his value. I think at worst he's a 7th RDer though. A NFLN guy said he could be a priority FA, but I don't wanna miss out on him in UDFA.
Yeah, I wasn't sure on Okoye but with his size and athleticism, I figured he was worth a shot there. Like I've said in the thread dedicated to him, at 6'6" 300+ pounds with the athleticism he displayed at the regional combine, I think he can contribute on special teams for the first couple of years in the NFL while providing depth and maybe getting in on some goal-line defense etc.

This is similar to the path Israel Idonije took to become the player he became. And I think that could be what type of player he becomes
Old 04-12-2013, 03:17 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Okoye is intriguing as hell, I definitely wouldn't mind a late round flier on him.

Not sure how much I'd love Patterson at 10. I wouldn't flip my ****, but he's so risky and this class has some really nice depth at WR. I do love Carradine and Webb in the 2nd and 3rd though.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Okoye is intriguing as hell, I definitely wouldn't mind a late round flier on him.

Not sure how much I'd love Patterson at 10. I wouldn't flip my ****, but he's so risky and this class has some really nice depth at WR. I do love Carradine and Webb in the 2nd and 3rd though.
I agree. Ideally, we may be able to trade down and still end up with someone. But in this mock I didn't do any trades, and had Milliner, Jordan, Ansah, Star and Floyd all off the board.

I've already stated my lack of enthusiasm over Rhodes and either of the Guards, so that left me with Werner, Patterson and Austin as my 3 real options.

I like Werner and Austin, but I gave the nod to Patterson because I think he contributes the most not only as a rookie but over his career. I believe in building a team two ways, around the QB on offense and starting with the D-Line on defense.

To me, Locker is reaching a crucial point in his career to where if he doesn't play well this season he may lose confidence in himself, and if the coaches leave he may not ever gain it in a new one.

Patterson and Harper both can contribute right away as rookies, but they are also building a supporting cast around Locker for if Washington, Britt and Williams aren't around. It'd be much harder to wait a year if/when all 3 are gone to replace them with brand new guys, than to already have the guys in waiting.

Plus, there always seems to be DEs that are available in round 2-3, and I don't think this year will be any different.

If you'd prefer you could replace Patterson with Werner in the first, and then replace Carradine with one of the WRs (Allen if he falls, Patton, Hunter)
Old 04-13-2013, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
3) C/G Barrett Jones ALA
3) CB BW Webb W&M
4) WR Chris Harper KSU
6) LB Keith Pough Howard
7) OT Roger Gaines TN St
7) LB Jake Knott Iowa St
Patterson could be a special WR, and we may need one to replace a certain knucklehead on our roster. Tank at 40 is excellent. W/O investing a 1st or 2nd for a RG, we could let there be a good battle between the guys we already have and Jones. Like what I've seen/read of Webb. Harper is nice depth.

Okoye is a freak. I'd love to try him out, only question s where is the value? May not matter as much with us with the way our roster sits and all the picks we have this year. I can see "reaching" for him. Gaines should be nice depth for RT or possibly G. Don't know about the LB's, I'll have to look them up.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:23 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
As long as it's in pass situations, 3 CB+.. I wouldn't have an issue. Use ZB and McCarthy as the two nickle LBs and Ayers at DE & Wimbley on the other side.

As for a full-time switch: NO
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:24 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does everyone feel about Sheldon Richardson? Great talent, but we really don't need another 3-tech DT... he's my favorite draft prospect this year, just not a great fit. I see Geno Atkins potential in him.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

I like Richardson a lot too. He has played DE, so I picture him in a Kevin Carter type role here. Wimbly was bad in the run game last year, I'd put Richardson out there on run downs, then play inside on some pass downs.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x View Post
How does everyone feel about Sheldon Richardson? Great talent, but we really don't need another 3-tech DT... he's my favorite draft prospect this year, just not a great fit. I see Geno Atkins potential in him.
We really don't need a DT, but Richardson reminds me somewhat of Lamarr Houston who plays LDE for the Raiders. The potential here is pretty fascinating to be honest. We could be looking at a D-Line of:

LDE: Sheldon Richardson (294)
LDT: Sammie Lee Hill (329)
RDT: Jurrell Casey (300)
RDE: Derrick Morgan (278) (Morgan would need to move to RDE to allow Richardson on the left side)

Don't forget, we have the 254 LBer in Ayers. This would drastically improve the run game.

So basically, we would average 300 pounds with our starting D-Line. On passing downs, Richardson would slide inside, making our D-Line look like:

LDE: Derrick Morgan (278)
LDT: Sheldon Richardson (294)
RDT: Karl Klug (275)
RDE: Kamerion Wimbley (255)

Then of course Ayers could come in rotation as well.

I of course prefer Ansah, but if Richardson is played at DE, I think we could have something there as well
Old 04-13-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3) C/G Barrett Jones ALA
3) CB BW Webb W&M
4) WR Chris Harper KSU
6) LB Keith Pough Howard
7) OT Roger Gaines TN St
7) LB Jake Knott Iowa St
I hate literally all of these picks except for Barrett Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I hate literally all of these picks except for Barrett Jones.
Well, you must want the team to suck then
Old 04-13-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, you must want the team to suck then
The thought of taking a receiver in the first round in consecutive years makes me sick. I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of it. But it's a passing league, and we need to build players around Locker and with the question marks surrounding Britt and Washington, we may have Kendall Wright as our only viable WR threat in 2014.

I don't want to take a WR in the first, but as I said D-Line was thin and I know you want Warmack, but I don't, so I think Patterson was likely the best selection.

I don't think spending 8-12m on a WR in FA after this season is very likely, so we need to develop our own talent there.

To me, drafting Warmack or Cooper in the first after already having so much money invested in our line is a little extreme.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew and I have drafted DE Ezekial Ansah, TE Tyler Eifert, and OG Larry Warford.

We have our 3rd RD comp, 6th RD comp, 7th RD pick, and 7th RD comp selections remaining.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My god, that is basically my dream draft. I don't actually think we will be looking to draft a TE, but if I were running the show and Eifert were there, I wouldn't think twice.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Drew and I have drafted DE Ezekial Ansah, TE Tyler Eifert, and OG Larry Warford.

We have our 3rd RD comp, 6th RD comp, 7th RD pick, and 7th RD comp selections remaining.
Pretty good draft, not a huge fan of the move up for Eifert but the Warford trade makes up for it
Old 04-14-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Old 04-14-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I've been watching film on WRs most of the weekend, there's a few guys that really stand out to me.

#1: Aaron Dobson 6'3" 210 Marshall
#2: Chris Harper 6" 229 Kansas State
#3: Josh Boyce 5'11" 206 TCU
#4: DeVonte Christopher 6'1" 200 Utah
#5: Javon Lawson 6'1" 183 Louisiana Lafeyette
Old 04-14-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

It's a rainy nasty day here, so I figured I'd do something I've never done before. I went to several websites and used their first 9 picks of their mock draft, then acted as if I were the Titans and drafted the remaining picks based on that.

Walterfootball:

1) CB Dee Milliner 6" 201 Alabama
2) DE Alex Okafor 6'4" 264 Texas
3) WR Aaron Dobson 6'3" 210 Marshall
3) S DJ Swearinger 5'11" 208 SC
4) WR Chris Harper 6" 229 Kansas State
5) C Khaled Holmes 6'3" 302 USC
6) OT Ricky Wagner 6'6" 308 Wisconsin
7) DE Mike Catapano 6'4" 271 Princeton
7) TE Kyler Reed 6'3" 225 Nebraska

Pricso (CBS Sports)

1) DE Ezekiel Ansah 6'5" 271 BYU